Baseline:
Max HP = 98.69 @ 13.5k
Max torque = 41.76 ft - lbs @ 11k

Dyno'd:
Max HP = 107.04 @ 13.5k
Max torque = 45.31 ft - lbs @ 11k

Akrapovic Hex slipon w/BMC filter
Wow, those are some great gains!

Is that baseline with the Akra and then tuned, or baseline with a stock vs. tuned Akra? I'd be really interested to see the actual curves.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 02:11 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah, that is impressive. Glad I just bought one :).

"It seemed like a good idea at the time."

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 03:05 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Wow those are sweet numbers...

Doesn't hurt that the exhaust is the sexiest looking/sounding. (imho)

“Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return.”

CCS# 280...I get bored easily

2010 Sponsors - if they can help a slow guy like me, imagine what they can do for you!
Vortex Racing
Drive Systems USA
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Baseline with akra and then tuned.

I didn't have enough $ for a stock pull. :(
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 04:43 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailwood View Post

Is that baseline with the Akra and then tuned, or baseline with a stock vs. tuned Akra? I'd be really interested to see the actual curves.
I would like to know too
post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-29-2007, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

If i can scan the curves I'll post them up.

Basically the tuned curve has gains everywhere except @ 2k rpm. ^^"
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 12:33 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 34 reviews
thats awesome, i wonder my full akra will perform? where in socal did you get it tuned? how much did this place charge if you dont mind me asking? ill be putting a pc3 in next week and hopefully get it mapped as well.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 12:47 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
who has the best deal on these exhaust for us right now?
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 06:04 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azn-Sensation View Post
thats awesome, i wonder my full akra will perform? where in socal did you get it tuned? how much did this place charge if you dont mind me asking? ill be putting a pc3 in next week and hopefully get it mapped as well.
Mach1 in Newport Beach. They ask about $350. Buy your own O2 eliminator kit from dynojet because they'll charge you $20 if you don't. Talk to Jim.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 07:17 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
How are they tuning with a slip on because the cats are still intact?????????
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 10:02 AM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocheese View Post
Baseline with akra and then tuned.

I didn't have enough $ for a stock pull. :(
How was it tuned: you have a PCIII installed.
With a slip-on, PCIII and a BMC filter that's about what I'd expect. You'll probably see about 111-113 rwhp with a full system. Post the charts and tell us about the run conditions.

Otherwise there's no change your bike gained 7-9 hp with just a slip on. 3-4 would be more likely.

Last edited by hrvat2; 03-30-2007 at 05:04 PM.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 10:55 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

damn nice gains and hope u can get those charts post up here too.

"Mi SCUSI"
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 05:58 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
AZN you got the full hex akra? I finally got a chance to ride mine, and it was at a track day at Barber...man what a difference, it felt like a new bike...

“Give, and it shall be given to you. For whatever measure you deal out to others, it will be dealt to you in return.”

2010 Sponsors - if they can help a slow guy like me, imagine what they can do for you!
Vortex Racing
Drive Systems USA
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Glad the bike runs good now but its not really known what gains the pipe made then cuz he never got a stock run. Was just good mapping by the tuner.

For all we know the stock bike could of made 110 hp on that dyno - then went down to 98 hp after the pipe instalation and no map- then made 107 hp after tuning. Until then you never know what the pipe made
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

HP aside, the feel is definately better. More responsive and way more torque. I can't keep the front wheel down like i used to. I need to eat more.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

True but i've seen stock runs on the 05/06 rr and they're usually around 100-103. Either way i'm happy with the tuning.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocheese View Post
HP aside, the feel is definately better. More responsive and way more torque. I can't keep the front wheel down like i used to. I need to eat more.
Friend,

having a few more ponies and 5 ft lbs more torque will not turn your bike into an RCV...if you can't keep the front wheel down you better check your rear shock and make sure it still works!
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 11:28 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexm View Post
AZN you got the full hex akra? I finally got a chance to ride mine, and it was at a track day at Barber...man what a difference, it felt like a new bike...
Nah, dude i ended up getting the older style oval system. Tt was such an awesome deal i couldnt pass it up.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-30-2007, 11:53 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrvat2 View Post
How was it tuned: you have a PCIII installed.
With a slip-on, PCIII and a BMC filter that's about what I'd expect. You'll probably see about 111-113 rwhp with a full system. Post the charts and tell us about the run conditions.

Otherwise there's no change your bike gained 7-9 hp with just a slip on. 3-4 would be more likely.
Yes, I understand it takes a pc3 to tune but my point was from my understanding you can't get the proper A/f ratio with the catalytic converter intact. You either had to get them out some how or go to a full system. The cats won't allow you to measure the values correctly to get it properly tuned. It makes sense to me but I could be wrong.

Where's birdman when you need him???????
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclepaulie View Post
Yes, I understand it takes a pc3 to tune but my point was from my understanding you can't get the proper A/f ratio with the catalytic converter intact. You either had to get them out some how or go to a full system. The cats won't allow you to measure the values correctly to get it properly tuned. It makes sense to me but I could be wrong.

Where's birdman when you need him???????
Uncle P, my response was to the fellow's post. I agree that your point is a valid one. For that matter, he would have (or at least should have) had his PAIR valve disconnected in order to obtain correct a/f readings (My bike read 3.5 % rich with the PAIR intact). He probably gained 3-5 hp, the change is likely result of differing conditions and who knows what that "baseline" actually is...
post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 01:29 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Friend,

having a few more ponies and 5 ft lbs more torque will not turn your bike into an RCV...if you can't keep the front wheel down you better check your rear shock and make sure it still works!
No but it does give 1st gear the ability to pick me way up to 12o'c instead of 1 inch during WOT. That's all I meant. I'm a small guy, and I really cannot keep the front wheel down when I WOT 1st. Sue me.

I think some of you are reading wayy to deep into what i'm referring to as the 'baseline'.

It's the pull prior to tuning. Nothing more. Who cares? I don't, I just thought it showed the skill of the tuner, and I'm happy with it.

The 'change in conditions' is what... 2 degrees ambient temperature? Seems to be the running joke of all bike forums to have a pessimistic crowd at every tune post.

I could care less about hp/torque gain. The best improvement is how it feels afterwards with response, and it's definately a world of difference from stock. And no matter how many people say "it's only 1-2 hp, 2-3, blah blah, not goin to make you feel like rc51 stfu" it does feel like more power to me, and from my observations and the dyno results it definately has introduced changes to my riding style.

Just for my own knowledge, why does a Cat conv impede tuning? As far as I was aware it's a measurement at the exhaust of the leftover compounds from burning fuel... if you have a stoic mixture you should have near perfect exhaust etc.

Last edited by cocheese; 03-31-2007 at 01:31 AM.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 01:30 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Uncle P, my response was to the fellow's post. I agree that your point is a valid one. For that matter, he would have (or at least should have) had his PAIR valve disconnected in order to obtain correct a/f readings (My bike read 3.5 % rich with the PAIR intact). He probably gained 3-5 hp, the change is likely result of differing conditions and who knows what that "baseline" actually is...
Sorry to change the subject but I can't wait for our putnam weekend to get here. I can't remember did you say you were going both days hrvat or one. Are you doing any other events before that?
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 03-31-2007, 09:11 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Nah, dude i ended up getting the older style oval system. Tt was such an awesome deal i couldnt pass it up.
Ahhh, just as sexy...and it's all TI...

Vortex Racing
Drive Systems USA
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 05:58 AM

so you gained how many h.p from just mapping? LOL I can't see a graph, but that sounds like BS to me, but anyway............... according to DJ, the Cat does not upset the air/fuel mix as the CAT doesn't alter 02 at all, it converts or changes etc, other gasses........................ BUT, while in theory that works, whenyou are mapping the bike, and you have the sensor down the pie, I have found that , with Tuning Link, by the time the exhaust gas gets through the CAT and through the sensor hose and into the box and to th sensor, you are always tuning or changing values at 1000rpm or so behind, if that makes sense.............. there's too much lag between when the bike is at say, 8000rpm, and when the sensor gets to read that and change values, coz with tuning link, you are only passing through those rpms under load. I have done maps back to back with and without CATs and they are different, regardless of whetehr the CAT alters the air/fuel ratio or not, so I gut them every time.

as for not having the $'s for a stock run, what the? Surely they'd WANT to have a stock run, so they can see the gains....................... with any pipe and/or mapping I do, I always do a stock run where I can, at NO CHARGE to show the guy what he's getting. That's wierd. Anyway, glad you're happy, that's all that matters.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-04-2007, 06:24 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdman View Post
so you gained how many h.p from just mapping? LOL I can't see a graph, but that sounds like BS to me, but anyway............... according to DJ, the Cat does not upset the air/fuel mix as the CAT doesn't alter 02 at all, it converts or changes etc, other gasses........................ BUT, while in theory that works, whenyou are mapping the bike, and you have the sensor down the pie, I have found that , with Tuning Link, by the time the exhaust gas gets through the CAT and through the sensor hose and into the box and to th sensor, you are always tuning or changing values at 1000rpm or so behind, if that makes sense.............. there's too much lag between when the bike is at say, 8000rpm, and when the sensor gets to read that and change values, coz with tuning link, you are only passing through those rpms under load. I have done maps back to back with and without CATs and they are different, regardless of whetehr the CAT alters the air/fuel ratio or not, so I gut them every time.

as for not having the $'s for a stock run, what the? Surely they'd WANT to have a stock run, so they can see the gains....................... with any pipe and/or mapping I do, I always do a stock run where I can, at NO CHARGE to show the guy what he's getting. That's wierd. Anyway, glad you're happy, that's all that matters.

Yes, no $ for a stock run. I installed the pipe myself. Why would I pay for a stock run, then pay for them to install a slipon... then pay for tuning after the fact? I've seen 05/06 stock results and they're usually between 101-104... I can assume my bike would be in the same area. Why is 8 hp from tuning to aftermarket parts unbelievable?

Condiscend all you want, I'm just reporting what's on the dyno readout. What do you want me to say? I hate trolls.

If you really are a professional shop I too would expect a stock readout if you're goin to be gouging people for your labor... Good for you. I'm just the type that figures I wouldn't want to pay you for that labor. Why would I pay you $70/hr to pull some screws, scratch bodywork, and fail to torque anything right? I don't. That's why I say I don't have enough $. How much do you charge your patrons for your "service"? I only pay for what I cannot do myself.

The cat conv shouldn't alter A/F ratios... it's not even goin to alter the measurable leftover reactants from combustion... So why wouldn't you map the bike according to the components that are always goin to be on the bike? That's like saying "the air filter alters the A/F ratio so I just took it out...". Tuning should be done having the components you're using left on the vehicle. Do they take the CatConv off cars when they tune? I've never heard it. Everyone gives advice like they're the foremost authority on a topic... In the end I'll trust my mech.

So done with this board.

Last edited by cocheese; 04-04-2007 at 06:29 PM.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 03:51 AM

whoah there matey. LOL wasn't trolling at all. Just asking and stating some FACTS. 8h.p is what you would expect from the pipe AND mapping, not just mapping, that is why I asked. As for the $'s for the runs, I don't gauge people for the money for stock runs, if they get a pipe from me and I am mapping it for them, I'd put the pipe on and do the runs for FREE. yeah, I'm such a prik aren't I. hahahaha

and the Cat does NOT have any effect on HOW the bike runs, so what you said about the Cat being there and equating that to an air filter is complete rubbish, and in saying what you are, you may as well leave the Pair hose working to map it too then? Coz hey, the bike runs with it working. hahaha But hey, you trust who ya want, but if you trust people that show you 8h.p JUST from mapping your 600, it lies with the wrong people. LOL Have fun
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 04:04 AM

I should have also said though, that 98 from a bike with a pipe, is low (if we use your theory of 100-104 stock) and so, if the map that was in the pc to begin with was bad enough to give a low reading to begin with, then, yes, you can gain 8h.p, coz the map you are running initially is losing power, from no map at all (I see that alot) and so, you GAIN 8h.p............... was the bike run with a ZERO map, or the map that came in the PC? That will let you see a lil more of what you actually gained and why, but anyway, not having a go at you or saying your full of crap, just saying.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclepaulie View Post
Sorry to change the subject but I can't wait for our putnam weekend to get here. I can't remember did you say you were going both days hrvat or one. Are you doing any other events before that?
I'm signed up for Saturday advanced but should be able to swing Sunday as well. Let's hope for some good weather!
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
very impressive! nice gains dude, congrats!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page