What to pay for 07-08 600RR? - 600RR.net
Buyers Corner Find out what people think of the bike you are looking to buy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
What to pay for 07-08 600RR?

Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum and it's great to be a part of the community.

I just sold my Ninja 500R and I'm set on picking up a 2007-08 CBR 600RR this spring. I've seen prices range on Craigslist from $4500 with 20k+ miles to $7000 for <10k miles. I'm fine with getting a bike with 20k+ miles if it's clear that it has been taken care of. Just wanted to get your take on what is a reasonable price for a bike is excellent condition.

I'm in NorCal and it seems like bikes are a bit pricier here. Is it somewhat common to find bikes for about $5000 with less than 10k miles out here?

Any advice would be appreciated!

BTW I've been eyeing the 07 while/silver and the red/black 07/08 color schemes if that matters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 08:25 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
That seems a bit on the higher side don't you think? I find some of the best deals are on low mileage bikes when you put what their worth up against what you're paying. These bikes can run hard for a long time, 20k plus no problem, but people mistreat them so often it's a tough line to walk. I got mine with 3600 miles on it last April, and I paid well under 6k for it.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 12:35 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I bought my 07 for $4500 with 8k miles. I was in a small market though definitely not NorCal. I also had the luxury of shopping for the best price and bought in the fall.

I think the best thing is to find the bike you want (condition/mileage/color/etc) and then negotiate to a price you are personally happy with. If condition isn't as important then just focus on the best price.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 01:10 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I bought an '08 CBR600RR with 12k miles for $5000 used from a local dealer, in 2015. I knew what I wanted and kept an eye out till finally one popped up. I wasn't looking for a project bike, and wanted something in good working order that hadn't been goofed with, or non-OEM fairings, etc. If I had gone the private sale route i'm sure I could have had it for less, but I kind of had to work with what I had.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 08:59 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
I just paid $7,000 for a 2015 CBR600RR with 1,800 miles.... freakin love it
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 09:53 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I mean, local market always dictates what a normalized price is, not what other people think from out of area. Everything is worth 'what it can sell for', and also what it is worth to you, which is specific to you.

Of course, I think the 2007+ 600RR is one of the finest 600 race reps ever made, so it's not surprising that it has held its value so well. I paid 6900 for a 2007 600RR with a couple dings on it... in 2008, haha. Then again it was Florida right before the economy crash.

So that sounds fine. Almost any motorcycle has a 'floor' price of around $2500 if it is in good working condition, regardless of how old it is, and goes up from there. $7000 I think is pretty steep unless you're dealing with an example that is extra pristine, and then it is a judgement call on your part. I personally prefer a bike with some imperfections that I know I can live with or fix, to keep the price lower.
The Following User Says Thank You to FightingChance For This Useful Post:
ATLscott (04-22-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page