Problems Accelerating - 600RR.net
Engine Tech This forum will be dedicated for internal Engine threads , discussions, upgrades etc etc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 04:34 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Problems Accelerating

Ok, so I have an '04 CBR600RR, I'm not that mechanically inclined but I plan on doing a lot of learning and reading and eventually do a lot of things myself. So with that said here is my problem.

I first noticed this problem only about a week ago. After warming the bike up to 120 or higher I take off and in first I cannot go above 47 MPH, I know you should shift and all but I do it on purpose as of right now to see what the problem is. Then as I get to 6th and on the freeway I cannot get it to go above 100 MPH. Again, I tend to not go this fast always, but I am trying to detect the problem. Then as I approach 100 MPH and twist the throttle more it seems that it has reached its maximum speed and then begins to slow as if I have let off the throttle, which I am still twisting.

Any help is appreciated. If you need more clarification on anything please let me know and I will do my best to describe to you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2014, 06:21 PM
Pocketbike Racer

stop talking in mph.

tell us the story in RPM. At what RPM does the bike hessitate, cut off, whatever? Does it do the same in all gears? Do you have a speedoDRD or speedo correction on your bike?

47mph in 1st is probably at the top of the range, but if my calculations are right, you should be able to do another 10mph granted you have STOCK GEARS. If you're hitting your rev limiter than big ass face palm fail.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 02:32 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I noticed this in first gear only when it seems that it reaches red line but its only at 9K RPM. It doesn't go any higher then that. This help at all? I'm not sure what the speedoDRD or speedo correction is?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Pocketbike Racer

what about second gear? does it also cut off around 9k?

is your tank clean? rusty? old gas? i'd take a look at the fuel pump, maybe the filter is clogged.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 01:21 AM
MRX
Training Wheel Hero

Interesting...I recently purchased an '06 600rr and took it to the track for the very first time, also ran into the same issue...power declined to barely maintaining the speed passing 9000rpm. I never took it to that range when I test rode it on the street before buying. Before reaching that rpm, the power delivery was perfectly smooth and almost felt like it was fast than my '06 1000rr, until it reached 9000rpm and above. Didn't matter which gear I was in, it seems. So, I practically tabbed out at 110mph, while other bikes were just flying by me left and right once got into the straight section of the track...

I've read people talking about the exhaust servo malfunctioning, is that possible?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-19-2014, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitBlueCBR600 View Post
Ok, so I have an '04 CBR600RR, I'm not that mechanically inclined but I plan on doing a lot of learning and reading and eventually do a lot of things myself. So with that said here is my problem.

I first noticed this problem only about a week ago. After warming the bike up to 120 or higher I take off and in first I cannot go above 47 MPH, I know you should shift and all but I do it on purpose as of right now to see what the problem is. Then as I get to 6th and on the freeway I cannot get it to go above 100 MPH. Again, I tend to not go this fast always, but I am trying to detect the problem. Then as I approach 100 MPH and twist the throttle more it seems that it has reached its maximum speed and then begins to slow as if I have let off the throttle, which I am still twisting.

Any help is appreciated. If you need more clarification on anything please let me know and I will do my best to describe to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by etxx View Post
what about second gear? does it also cut off around 9k?

is your tank clean? rusty? old gas? i'd take a look at the fuel pump, maybe the filter is clogged.
I had a full service and valve adjustment done about 8 months ago and had everything cleaned out and replaced a lot of the internals. Tank should be good, i know its not old gas as I use it daily, I pretty much take it everywhere. I will look at the fuel pump and see if there are any clogs.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 08:55 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
sounds like a faulty fuel pump, if it's pegged at 9000 rpm & won't rev up, i'll bet it's a clogged fuel filter, anyway you have no choice but to replacwe the whole fuel pump assy. $300 + shipping for a new one.

2003 CBR 600RR JDM
HRC ECU AMA spec
HRC radiator
Electrex World race alternator
WP 4618 rear shock
WP 1508 steering damper
Ohlins 9.0N fork springs
Overrev tuned fork cartridges
Akrapovic Evo Carbon FS
Dynojet PCV WB2 POD300
BMC race air filter
AFAM 15/47 sprockets
DID VX2 520 gold chain
Brembo 19RCS MC
HEL brakelines
Euro Racing riser plates & lever
HM Plus quickshifter
EVR CTS slipper clutch
BST CF wheels
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page