World Superbike Racer
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Woodbury, MN
Thanked 563 Times in 444 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Issues it could be in order that they might be a problem:
1. Air in your cooling system, flush and burp it to get all the air out.
2. Radiator issue, be sure it flows.
3. Waterpump issue, be sure it works.
4. Thermostat issue.
5. Temp sensor, fan or other issue.
Coolant, not water (you did put in coolant, correct?) shouldn't boil out at 236f so your temp sensor is reading low. I'm almost positive you have trapped air in your cooling system so you need to get it out. Service manual will tell you how.
To add: fan should kick on at 217f and run until temp gets to 212f or so.
- '17 Ducati Supersport S
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R
- Past rides: too many to list