cbr pc40 does not go over 14000 rpm - 600RR.net
Engine Tech This forum will be dedicated for internal Engine threads , discussions, upgrades etc etc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cbr pc40 does not go over 14000 rpm

I have a problem with my cbr pc40, does not go over 14000 rpm in 4th 5th 6th speed...
bike work perfect,accelerates perfect etc...
bike go in 1rst 2nd and 3rd on rev,but in other speeds does not want to.
air filter have 28000km,petrol is "98" octane almost always,etc...

problem is with air filter or have protection?

Honda Power, Power of Dreams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Moto GP Racer

If it's a MY '09+ the throttle is limited to 85% in the upper gears but there are ways around it...If it's older, I would check 1) throttle cables to see if they open the throttle bodies as they should 2) fuel pump flow rate (IIRC 190cc/min+ is what it needs 3) brakes and axles for friction related stuff since heat creates expansion 4) do a compression/leakdown test the cylinders

A word of advice that I hope will be read by others as well: when creating threads like this, include details like the MY (I'm on the mobile app but your profile shows nothing), any/all mods (excluding the stuff with no mechanical, electrical, or aerodynamic significance), and other relevant info like the service history/previous repairs and by whom they were performed...that info is crucial.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrkat28 For This Useful Post:
RRdriver (05-07-2016)
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

pc40 2008 model, u can see profile picture,mods for power only jardine rt1 , throttle cables are tuned,pump work ok ... I think :D ( but fuel is low quality), brakes and axles OK,compression is ok I think, bike go very well but in upper gears 14000 is limit :\
maybe filter is dirt or exup maybe need tune? how to check it ?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRdriver View Post
pc40 2008 model, u can see profile picture,mods for power only jardine rt1 , throttle cables are tuned,pump work ok ... I think :D ( but fuel is low quality), brakes and axles OK,compression is ok I think, bike go very well but in upper gears 14000 is limit :\
maybe filter is dirt or exup maybe need tune? how to check it ?
Dynotime, if you change the hardware the software might need a refresh.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbrkat28 For This Useful Post:
RRdriver (05-08-2016)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 04:25 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrkat28 View Post
If it's a MY '09+ the throttle is limited to 85% in the upper gears but there are ways around it...If it's older, I would check 1) throttle cables to see if they open the throttle bodies as they should 2) fuel pump flow rate (IIRC 190cc/min+ is what it needs 3) brakes and axles for friction related stuff since heat creates expansion 4) do a compression/leakdown test the cylinders

A word of advice that I hope will be read by others as well: when creating threads like this, include details like the MY (I'm on the mobile app but your profile shows nothing), any/all mods (excluding the stuff with no mechanical, electrical, or aerodynamic significance), and other relevant info like the service history/previous repairs and by whom they were performed...that info is crucial.
this might be a dumb question, but how do I add a list of mods i've done to my bike on this forum?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawsolsen333 View Post
Quote:

this might be a dumb question, but how do I add a list of mods i've done to my bike on this forum?
Different ways to do that, but it's more relevant to add mods that could be the cause behind problems within the threads themselves.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawsolsen333 View Post
Right side of page and find User CP , and look on left side and find Edit Signature :)

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2016, 06:14 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Different ways to do that, but it's more relevant to add mods that could be the cause behind problems within the threads themselves.
Yeah that's what I plan to do in case I post any future troubleshooting threads in the future.
Quote:
Right side of page and find User CP , and look on left side and find Edit Signature :)
thanks bro!!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-31-2016, 04:47 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
pc40
What is a pc40?
And not to be offensive, but if you don't know how to check an air filter then there is no way you know compression, axles etc are all fine.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-01-2016, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

hahaha LIKE :D

KN installed on bike, now w8 for sunny day to check results

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page