Rough Idle at low RPM - 600RR.net
Engine Tech This forum will be dedicated for internal Engine threads , discussions, upgrades etc etc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Rough Idle at low RPM

Hello Boys and Girls ;)

Been going true a lot of pain since i bought my 06 600RR but because i love this bike so much im not giving up

So i bought my bike a year ago for track purpose for now. since i had it my bike run very strange, like rough idle at low RPM till around 3k. Once full thorttle is open and running on higher RPM bike rides nice and smooth. Changed spark plugs, tested ignition coils added power commander no luck. My bike has been fitted with Yoshi slip on and K&N air filter. had my bike apart in pieces for many times, checked electrical faults connections etc. but no luck.

Last week i gave up and brought it to local DynoJet people to do Dyno tune hoping that will help but.... had a phone call that its not helping at all, decided to clean with them injectors with Ultra sound still the same... later couple days ago had a phone call saying that they found that my 2nd cylinder isnt working right and its faulty I really hope its not the rings on pistons (will try to give them a call tomorrow see whats going on.

the reason why i'm posting this now as i been searching and looking so many forums within them years and i found that many people have the same problem but no one seems to found the fault.

By the way my bike only done 12k miles.

Ill keep you updated what was the fault so hopefuly anyone else who have the same will be able to tackle easier this fault then my and maybe less cost
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie600 For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-19-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-11-2016, 04:43 PM
Ldn
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
The Dyno is a beast of a diagnostic tool. The DynoJet Dynometer is first and foremost a diagnostic tool. If your tuner is worth his rate he'll be able to tell you exactly what the problem is within a few hours. But diagnostics and tuning usually come at two different rates.

If your second cylinder isn't firing you need to test Compression, which will show potential issues with valves, head gasket, rings, etc.

While you're in there, test spark. A coil could be going bad. A quick trick to see if your injector is causing the problem is to just swap it out with another cylinder and see if the problem follows the swap. Also, test your fuel pump flow and pressure.

"I don't want to burden you with my problems... but I think I've outgrown my yacht."

:)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ldn For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-12-2016), tary preisser (11-12-2016)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 12:53 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Ldn is on it, best diag OTF.......
Thanks,Ldn....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tary preisser For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-19-2016), Ldn (11-12-2016)

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-19-2016, 05:54 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So i just had a phone call. They are saying that they diagnosed faulty Ignition Coil. they advised me to change all 4 of them and change spark plugs. they have swapped 2nd with 1st cylinder coils and said that problem still there but it changed on revs and more longer working stable while cold. So will see once they change all this. i still cant beleave that my bike finally will be running like it should. got 500 bill for that :D
The Following User Says Thank You to Eddie600 For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (11-19-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page