HRC kits - 600RR.net
Engine Tech This forum will be dedicated for internal Engine threads , discussions, upgrades etc etc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HRC kits

Hey, guys. Has anyone on here have hands on experience with a HRC parts? I always wanted to do the build but wondering if it is worth it. To me, a Honda HRC 600rr build is more of an emotional build rather than a actual performance gain. Hahaha

Anyone do these types of build and have real HP gains;
- HRC wiring harness,
- HRC ecu,
- HRC quickshifter,
- HRC engine power up kit,
- HRC air funnel set,
- HRC radiator,
- HRC ac generator,
- HRC exhaust.

Thanks, guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 11:20 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I envy you, doing a full HRC build is a wonderful project.

IIRC there's a dyno run or two of HRC built engines some place on the internet....w/hp's in the 118-124 hp range?

Recently a member posted a before and after of the HRC velocity stacks, gained 4 hp.

search racers and engine tech sub forums...

Also, check out TenKate racing website for CBR 600 RR, good info!

Never really seen anything OTF about the Moto 2 spec engines, which gave 140 hp......
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:53 AM
Training Wheel Hero

The Following User Says Thank You to indfireblade For This Useful Post:
tary preisser (05-23-2019)

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks for the input guys. I am aware of the hondaprokevin, Ten Kate boys (so sad to see them coming back with Yamaha for WSBK) and Triumph taking over Moto2... another heart break. Especially the old post on the Cananda Honda 07 600rr HRC build (razorman1)... but all the pics are blocked and no true engine gaines were posted. I just wanted to see if anyone on here actually had hands on experience with the HRC parts. I have a 2007 600rr, looking to run a 2010 HRC wiring, ecm, air funnels, quick shifter, power up kit, alternator, etc.

I made my own bodywork, subframe, exhaust mocking an arata can but about 210mm long. Trying to make a superlight with HRC kits. Huge fan of Durbahn 600rr superlight and all his builds.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, I've seen some Durbahn stuff on the web.

Lightening these bikes does work well.

Bunch of threads on V stacks;
https://www.600rr.net/vb/18-exhaust-...-kick-ass.html

Last edited by tary preisser; 05-23-2019 at 01:24 PM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:35 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
damn youre about to drop some serious $$$$$$ and those parts are pretty hard to find

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 01:06 AM
Knee Dragger

My TenKate SS bike has some HRC stuff on it, the "BIG" rad, the ECU and Harness, because it was built by Ten Kate it came with the Arrow Inconel headers and Ti Muffler.
Not sure what the Ten Kate engine made on the dyno but my bike with those parts and a healthy standard engine from a road bike makes 118 RWHP

Of course, that's just a number, it's irrelevant for anything other than a before and after comparison of work done, on a different dyno it may read lower or higher, but it's pretty strong for a 600 with completely stock internals.

I don't have the Ten Kate engine as it was returned to them after the lease expired, apparently they were lock wired so the team couldn't get into it to "borrow" their IP. For me as a track bike it's perfect, not highly strung and difficult to ride, which i imagine their SS spec engine would be.

My harness is the early one as it's a 2007 bike, there's no facility for a QS so i use a HM, be aware of that when buying bits, there's traps and because it's HRC there's very little info about supersessions etc.

I use a guy in Japan for a lot of my Honda stuff, he's very good, and a fair guy to deal with too, PM me if you want his details, i'm happy to share, i'm sure he won't mind but i won't post his e-mail publicly.
Cheers
Paul.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cropduster For This Useful Post:
tary preisser (05-24-2019)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:17 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,010 Times in 827 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
you're falling for the HRC trap.

everything on your list can be equaled or bettered with other branded parts.

are you doing this "because HRC" or are you looking to build an awesome bike? if it's the latter you can save a ton of money and headache by using other stuff. but if you MUST have the HRC (make sure you buy the hat, jacket, pit tent, and trailer decals to suit) then go hard, but expect to have a much much much lighter wallet and perhaps not the bike you should end up with for the money spent.
The Following User Says Thank You to wibbly For This Useful Post:
tary preisser (05-24-2019)
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropduster View Post
My TenKate SS bike has some HRC stuff on it, the "BIG" rad, the ECU and Harness, because it was built by Ten Kate it came with the Arrow Inconel headers and Ti Muffler.
Not sure what the Ten Kate engine made on the dyno but my bike with those parts and a healthy standard engine from a road bike makes 118 RWHP.

Of course, that's just a number, it's irrelevant for anything other than a before and after comparison of work done, on a different dyno it may read lower or higher, but it's pretty strong for a 600 with completely stock internals.

I don't have the Ten Kate engine as it was returned to them after the lease expired, apparently they were lock wired so the team couldn't get into it to "borrow" their IP. For me as a track bike it's perfect, not highly strung and difficult to ride, which i imagine their SS spec engine would be.

My harness is the early one as it's a 2007 bike, there's no facility for a QS so i use a HM, be aware of that when buying bits, there's traps and because it's HRC there's very little info about supersessions etc.

I use a guy in Japan for a lot of my Honda stuff, he's very good, and a fair guy to deal with too, PM me if you want his details, i'm happy to share, i'm sure he won't mind but i won't post his e-mail publicly.
Cheers
Paul.
Thanks, Paul. I appreciate the your advice. You pretty much hit it sport on. Your build sounds like mine, a little mix of Ten Kate/HRC and some personal modifications. For HRC, I mainly used Rysing Sun Cycles and also from HARC-PRO.

I don't know why whenever you post about "HRC" everyone else gets all offended and butthurt, complaining they are a waste of money and not the best, etc. I am guessing when you first read the post, you understood that I mentioned it was an "emotional build rather than actual performance gain" 😉 and who had actual experience with HRC. If I come across HRC parts that are limited I'll PM you. Thanks for the help, man.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:20 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by tary preisser View Post
I envy you, doing a full HRC build is a wonderful project.

IIRC there's a dyno run or two of HRC built engines some place on the internet....w/hp's in the 118-124 hp range?

Recently a member posted a before and after of the HRC velocity stacks, gained 4 hp.

search racers and engine tech sub forums...

Also, check out TenKate racing website for CBR 600 RR, good info!

Never really seen anything OTF about the Moto 2 spec engines, which gave 140 hp......
Quote:
Originally Posted by tary preisser View Post
Yeah, I've seen some Durbahn stuff on the web.

Lightening these bikes does work well.

Bunch of threads on V stacks;
https://www.600rr.net/vb/18-exhaust-...-kick-ass.html
When Honda dumped Ten Kate, I was wondering if they were gonna cut their prices in relation to Honda. Then I remembered they supplied a lot of riders and teams in Europe... so, no price cuts. Hahaha

Have you seen any of the guys on here run Durbahn parts on the eailer 600RR models? If I haven't of sold my '04 600RR... probably would of turned that into an HRC/Durbahn superlight! Would of been complete sex!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 06:47 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFE_DKHRT View Post
Thanks, Paul. I appreciate the your advice. You pretty much hit it sport on. Your build sounds like mine, a little mix of Ten Kate/HRC and some personal modifications. For HRC, I mainly used Rysing Sun Cycles and also from HARC-PRO.

I don't know why whenever you post about "HRC" everyone else gets all offended and butthurt, complaining they are a waste of money and not the best, etc. I am guessing when you first read the post, you understood that I mentioned it was an "emotional build rather than actual performance gain" 😉 and who had actual experience with HRC. If I come across HRC parts that are limited I'll PM you. Thanks for the help, man.

No worries.

Mine's not really a build where i'm modifying a bike though, it's more a resurrection of a well used but still complete race bike, all i'm doing is reconditioning what needs it and tidying it up, replacing one use nuts etc.

With the exception of the Rad all the HRC, WP and TenKate stuff was on there, the Rad i needed because it had a chinese POS on there that couldn't keep it cool.

Anyway, good luck with your build, and don't be discouraged by cynical posts about cost or whatever, do what YOU want to do, it's your bike!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page