strange start engine issue - 600RR.net
Engine Tech This forum will be dedicated for internal Engine threads , discussions, upgrades etc etc

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
strange start engine issue

Hi Guys,

I am new here and this is my first post here on the form and i admire any help. I had a good search but could not find the similar issue posted.
My 2008 Cbr600rr have some starting problem, everything is perfect and works fine but for past 2-3 weeks it has developed a habbit of not starting on the first try. everything goes fine starter moves but the bike just wont start, try again no, try again ooh yeah even with slight touch of the button engine fires up. Points to consider.

1) it happens when bike is cold or hot, however i noticed more in Hot state as in 24 hours bike is only cold when i start in the morning and then i ride it with interval off 3 hours during the day.
2) the bike got a new battery in april after it was brought out of winter storage. while changing battery i missed to connect a wire and then the bike was not starting everything was fine just the engine was not igniting, i guess that cable has something to do with alarm/theft system and cuts off the spark to the engine. but later i realize the mistake connected it and the bike worked all the way fine, i dont know what that cable is called and what does it do i just assume it has something to do with the ignition.
3) bike was going fine all the way but once or twice a week it did not start the way it used to be with a slight touch to the start button. i did not care at that time however now the frequency is higher it starts in half touch 50% of the times i start it but rest of the times 2-3 tries and sometimes a long press.
4) there was some motorcycle alarm was also connected, by the previous owner, which i disconnected assuming it could drain the battery and i park the bike in personal garage.

what could be the problem. what shall i start looking into. allot of thanks and appreciation for the help.

************** Hi guys, the fuel pump does not prime sometimes my mistake i did the wrong troubleshooting in the start. it seems like its intermittent with the fuel pump wheneveri t primes it always starts when it does not it does not. now i need to sort out why does not it prime sometimes leading to no start.

/Regards,
zia

Last edited by Syed Zia Sajjad Rizvi; Yesterday at 08:47 AM. Reason: wrong troubleshooting technique now i know more about the fault, i see that the fuel pump does not make noise or prime somtim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 12:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
more of a guess than help,

Search OTF for "kill switch' and 'bike won't start" threads.

Sometimes the motor run/stop switch need the interior contacts cleaned up...
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 03:49 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

thanks allot, i do look for it then.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 02:03 PM
Moto GP Racer

check these threads.....
https://www.600rr.net/vb/gtsearch.ph...witch%20issues

see if they've info you can use?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2019, 04:10 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Iíve had issues with my run switch... but also my fuel tank overflow/vapor line was pinched causing pressure build up in my tank... I fixed both and havenít had the issue since... not sure what of the 2 fixed the issue.

andrew.
2007 CBR600RR
HIDís
ASV Shorty Levers
Throttle Tube
Steel Braided Brake Lines
K&N Filter
Velocity Stacks
Leo Vince Slip
CAT Eliminator
Power Commander
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Hi , the fuel pump does not prime sometimes my mistake i did the wrong troubleshooting in the start. it seems like its intermittent with the fuel pump whenever it primes it always starts when it does not bike does not start. now i need to sort out why does not it prime sometimes leading to no start.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Training Wheel Hero

First two places to check is the kill switch and secondary at the kickstand, both of these are common issues. Open them up and bend the two prongs a little. Unfortunately your year model iv seen a bunch with failures in the fuel pump power and ground wires. Easiest thing to do is run new ground and power wire instead of opening up the harness. 12v power fused power and ground from frame to pump, I don’t use my kill switch I only use the key the kill switches on Honda’s fail often

chris cook
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 11:40 PM
Moto GP Racer

"I donít use my kill switch I only use the key the kill switches on Hondaís fail often"

same here, only used if I want to crank and NOT start ....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page