Feminized Motorcycles, good or bad? - 600RR.net
Polls and Research Take a poll and discuss your research here

View Poll Results: To feminize, or not...
Yes - change it up! 47 81.03%
No - leave it alone! 11 18.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 07:09 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Red face Feminized Motorcycles, good or bad?

So I am having a dilemma. I am a 25yo fem, and have an 05 red/black. I absolutely love my bike, and have done a lot of mods to it. Well maybe not a lot, but several...

Anyway... there is nothing about my bike that distinguishes it as a girl bike. I have thought about putting something feminine on it a couple times, but never have. I am not a girlie girl by ANY means, but am proud of my bike, and proud to be a girl on my bike :) So should I do anything to change it a bit? It would be very minor, almost unnoticeable...

Your thoughts?

"We don't ride fast, we fly low"
Quote:
SLAPS808: i needs to go there. tell chicks i got 3 kids. get caught lying, wait for to tell me to pound sand...then im in there like swimwear. i like it. haha

CTM_Patron: chicka you gotta do track..it's like 20 min orgasms every hour for 8hrs:all_cohol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 02:27 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Its your bike, do what you want!!!
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 02:31 PM

It is your bike, so do with it as you please. Everyone adds alittle here or there that makes it different from others. IMO go for it. But that is just my $0.02
post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 02:48 PM
World Superbike Racer

yes i think you should make it your own! make it reflect your personallity or how u feel.. something that is unique.. i would re-paint it if i were u haha
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 02:58 PM

Give it your own flava.
post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 03:17 PM
Macedonian Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortayack View Post
Its your bike, do what you want!!!
+1 on that!! :beer:

#Red & Black Honda CBR 600RR 2007 MACEDONIA

#The Official WTF?!?! Thread
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr_chick_nh View Post
So I am having a dilemma. I am a 25yo fem, and have an 05 red/black. I absolutely love my bike, and have done a lot of mods to it. Well maybe not a lot, but several...

Anyway... there is nothing about my bike that distinguishes it as a girl bike. I have thought about putting something feminine on it a couple times, but never have. I am not a girlie girl by ANY means, but am proud of my bike, and proud to be a girl on my bike :) So should I do anything to change it a bit? It would be very minor, almost unnoticeable...

Your thoughts?
not true, u being on ur bike makes u distinguished

I guess if i was female, i wouldnt really care if other people saw my bike and were able to tell if it was a "girl's bike or not". But hey, def do what u feel is right and check out some threads on here where female riders have put on stuff like pink rim tape, pink decals/paint, etc
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 03:51 PM
Training Wheel Hero

hey its your bike. do whatever you want to it. if we all didnt put our own little twists into things, it would be a pretty boring world!!!

:beer:2004 600RR-black
hotbodies flushmounts-smoke
D&D black satin twin stinger exhaust
comp werkes f/e
K&N air filter
PCIII
spiegler ss brakelines-black on black
pigspotter mirror
dark smoke puig double bubble
GPS damper
velocity stacks
-1/+2 driven sprocket
black pazzo shorties
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 03:54 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
You can get a set of OEM stickers in custom colors (ebay, or google it). One girl on the forum got pink stickers on her white 07, it looked sweet.
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 04:09 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
we cant all be the same. so go for it, change it up a bit.
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 04:38 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFGO View Post
You can get a set of OEM stickers in custom colors (ebay, or google it). One girl on the forum got pink stickers on her white 07, it looked sweet.
someone on this forum also did something kinda like that, but it was an all black 05/06, and the stickers like the "honda" on the bottom, "cbr600rr" on the tail, and "cbr" on the mids, were all PINK! thinking about that makes it seem corney till u see it, it looked pretty sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystic1219 View Post
Yes I understand target fixation. I have had it for 5 years (since the 600rr came out)

post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 08:22 PM
C.F.A. member / whore

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
sportbike girls are bad a$$ i wanna be associated with one.

2013 X5 35d (Tow)
2006 R6 (Track)
2003 600RR (Street)

2002 YZF 426 (Sold)
2000 CBR F4 (Totalled by Illegal U-turner)

Life is good
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

I know it's my bike and I can do what I want with it... I was merely looking for opinions... I am torn 50:50, so depending on what everyone thought, then perhaps I will change something...

however, for the record... I don't do pink :) (I am far from a girlie girl)

Quote:
SLAPS808: i needs to go there. tell chicks i got 3 kids. get caught lying, wait for to tell me to pound sand...then im in there like swimwear. i like it. haha

CTM_Patron: chicka you gotta do track..it's like 20 min orgasms every hour for 8hrs:all_cohol
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:27 AM
Knee Dragger

Well, I am in the same boat as you! I am a female rider on a black 06 RR, and I wouldn't mind it being somehow noted it is a females bike, but I also DO NOT DO PINK! Good thread you started here. If anyone has some suggestions for us non-pink ladies, let us know please.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 04:55 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Just leave it as it is. When people see you get on, they will be like, "DAYUMM a girl!"

From LoveR to StreetfighteRR600

post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 05:00 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Yes, true, true... There will be no question when I am on it that it is mine, that and my name is on the plate... sad, I know...
I am sure when all is said and done I will have done nothing to it, for nothing will strike me right... Oh well, I appreciate all the input though!!

Quote:

post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 11:13 AM

being a chick myself i also wondered how to 'girl it up' when i first started.. but honestly.. after riding a few months, id rather people NOT know im a chick rider.. less attention that way.. fewer cool guys in their cars tryin to play catch up to check out the chick.. sh*t gets dangerous at times. you should make your bike your own, but personally im against the attention seeking.
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Has the question of whether the bike has been sexed come into play? I'm a dude, and I like the idea of having the bike be a dude because it operates like clockwork, more logically than female chemistry, in my opinion. But from a top view, the way the tank bleeds into the seat, then the tail piece: it's totally a chic's body. That doesn't mean I am going to put a bunch of pink stickers on. So, I guess I have inadvertently answered my own question, sexed bike or not; doesn't matter.

Put a furry fob on you key and call it a day!!

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Ocho Cinco

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I think girls that trick out their bikes "girly" is hot!!!

'06 Honda CBR600RR

"What's so great about normal?"
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smarttyone View Post
Well, I am in the same boat as you! I am a female rider on a black 06 RR, and I wouldn't mind it being somehow noted it is a females bike, but I also DO NOT DO PINK! Good thread you started here. If anyone has some suggestions for us non-pink ladies, let us know please.
Same problem here...female rider. I love pink but despise putting it on my bike not to mention my husband likes to swap and ride mine. I would like to add a feminine touch but I don't see anything worthwhile. Most of the logos and stickers I've seen on other websites are kinda tacky. So at this point I just try to keep my gear feminine.
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 01:45 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRsexyRR View Post
being a chick myself i also wondered how to 'girl it up' when i first started.. but honestly.. after riding a few months, id rather people NOT know im a chick rider.. less attention that way.. fewer cool guys in their cars tryin to play catch up to check out the chick.. sh*t gets dangerous at times. you should make your bike your own, but personally im against the attention seeking.
Good point! Now that you mention it, I've had a couple of those incidents when riding solo. Funny how it doesn't seem to happen when I'm riding with my husband.
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:00 PM

Being that your bike is red and black...i would stay away from pink. You dont have to feminized it to make it your own. Think of it like this. Think of a tatoo you have or would get, have a small die cut decal made and slap it on. Some may think its corney but hey its a thought.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerz600RR View Post
Being that your bike is red and black...i would stay away from pink. You dont have to feminized it to make it your own. Think of it like this. Think of a tatoo you have or would get, have a small die cut decal made and slap it on. Some may think its corney but hey its a thought.
My bike is the orange tribal. So no pink here. I like this idea!
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:21 PM
World Superbike Racer

Just stretch a thong around the tail! JK, I wouldn't necessarily use girly colors, but maybe a vinyl decal that says something like neight said 'Sportbike girls are bad @$$"

06 Silver 600RR
My mod thread
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I am a girl rider as well, and personally, I would not do anything to purposely make my bike look like a girl's bike. When I ride, there is no doubt I'm a girl (body shape, gear to some extent), and that is enough for me. If anything, I wish I got a lot less attention (same as CBRsexyRR).

I find it way more interesting when a woman rider has a bike with mods that are typically associated with serious and knowledgeable male riders.

In the end, I would pick mods on my bike that I find visually pleasing, and not think about whether they'd indicate the rider's gender. Whatever you do, as long as it makes you happy, that's the most important thing.

07 CBR600RR BLK

Quo Vadis?
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Pocketbike Racer

In the end...its your bike, you should do what you want with it, however, i wouldnt advise making any drastic changes that might make it girlie (ie...painting it pink), because you will probably have a tough time selling it, if you need to.

06 Tribal 600rr
PC-III
CA smoked integrated taillight
Jardine RT-One slip on
Flush mount blinkers
Black PUIG DB windshield
Fender Eliminator
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 05:56 PM
The Flying Mohawk

I distinguish myself with the suit rather than customizing the bike.
But I'm so far from being a girly girl, that I'd almost rather have no bike than a pink bike.

This is me in my suit, the Dainese Yu.

CBR600RR8
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ina6r View Post
I am a girl rider as well, and personally, I would not do anything to purposely make my bike look like a girl's bike. When I ride, there is no doubt I'm a girl (body shape, gear to some extent), and that is enough for me. If anything, I wish I got a lot less attention (same as CBRsexyRR).

I find it way more interesting when a woman rider has a bike with mods that are typically associated with serious and knowledgeable male riders.
I am not looking for people to know I am a girl riding - because that as you stated is clearly obvious! Granted, I stick to typical male styled gear, because I have broad shoulders and have no luck with the girl ****... however, even with such, my body shape is feminine all the way... there are some things you can't hide under any jacket...

The mods that I have done look great, I think... And I get a lot of compliments on it... Even my friend that helped me with the mods commented on my taste :)

However, with that said... I am not looking for attention, because I get that no matter what - as you girls know... But at the same time would like to change it up a bit... if my bike is in the middle of 100 bikes, yea, I would like it if people around saw something to trigger it being a girls bike, because then it makes the other mods that much cooler :P I think....

But I seriously cannot think of a single thing to achieve that... however, I like the idea of using something I would have a tat of - because when it comes down to it, that would be feminine :P (or not...)

Quote:

post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriColour View Post
I distinguish myself with the suit rather than customizing the bike.
But I'm so far from being a girly girl, that I'd almost rather have no bike than a pink bike.

This is me in my suit, the Dainese Yu.
Well put... and well done :)

Quote:

post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-25-2008, 03:06 AM
Moto GP Racer

There's nothing wrong with distinguishing your bike as a feminine if you are a chick. I actually encourage it! Usually gear or decals are the way to make you and your bike look more unique, but be creative and do what you want.

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
Current bike - Yamaha Liquid Silver R1

- Competition Breeds Excellence -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page