View Poll Results: What do you do?
Report them to the PO 19 39.58%
Ignore it. 29 60.42%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 AM
Demented

Just another cop thread

THIS IS NOT A COP HATE THREAD, SO DO NOT TURN IT INTO ONE!!!
Be civil with your posts and do not bash cops and post hate comments. Any and all will be reported to the moderators.

Earlier yesterday when I was walking out of a restaurant, a PBSO car pulled up in front of me at the restaurant, and out came a cop and a lady, presumably his wife or girlfriend, both in nice, non police uniform clothing. This really pissed me off, because that's my tax money at waste with him using his patrol car as personal commute car. I wrote down his car number and reported him as soon as I got home.

Just wondering what you guys do when you see this thing. Do you just brush it off, or do you report them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:56 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You might've jumped the gun in presuming they were not on business. My parents were both in law enforcement - you never know what they were up to, no matter the clothing or where they were.

R.I.P. Phattywhorefresh - 10.19.2010

"The lesson is that unbeatable superheroes only exist in movies." -Valentino Rossi

<--- me on the right

http://www.myspace.com/astars
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:58 AM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing View Post
You might've jumped the gun in presuming they were not on business. My parents were both in law enforcement - you never know what they were up to, no matter the clothing or where they were.
If they where on business, then I'm sure nothing will come of it, but what LEO conducts business in dress clothing at a sushi bar?
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 02:13 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
bedford , PA

1. Cop gives me ticket
2. two months later I drive 150 miles and show up in court
3. wait wait and wait for my hearing, decide to walk outside for a bit of fresh air.
4. Notice his car running (he's been inside the court for over an hour at this point) with no one inside
5. my hearing ends 2 hours later.
6. his car still running.

Thats over 3 hours he left his crown vic running in the parking lot for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

explain that.

btw, This was the smallest district court I have ever been to. Two rooms, one court and one for clerks. Court has three tables: Judge, defendant and prosecutor.
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 02:16 AM
Moto GP Racer

They're actually taught to leave the car running in case they need to leave quickly. Sounds a bit excessive for court though.

You never know what they're up to. Could be anything. Next time, just ask!

"The lesson is that unbeatable superheroes only exist in movies." -Valentino Rossi

<--- me on the right

post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 02:20 AM

I would turn my anger towards the state and federal payrolls and endless bureaucratic waste.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:19 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwing View Post
They're actually taught to leave the car running in case they need to leave quickly. Sounds a bit excessive for court though.

You never know what they're up to. Could be anything. Next time, just ask!
It also makes it easy for someone else to steal or mess with it . sure they have it tagged but that's beside the point.

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
Current bike - Yamaha Liquid Silver R1

- Competition Breeds Excellence -
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:33 AM
Moto GP Racer

I don't see how it's any easier than any other locked car to steal, whether it's running or not...

<--- me on the right

post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:34 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Perhaps he was working a special assignment (ie; undercover) or he is simply allowed to take the car home like several motor officers do here in cali!
I would never take an extreme measure as to call and report them unless i observe something major. That is just my opinion though!
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:37 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

^^I forgot to add, even if he was using it for a non-work related reason the consequences are a simple slap on the wrist!
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 04:46 AM
Knee Dragger

Report him. If he did nothing wrong, then no worries.

if he was undercover, why would he take such an obvious vehicle?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25731525/
post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 04:57 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Thats over 3 hours he left his crown vic running in the parking lot for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

explain that

Was it a canine unit? They always leave the cars running no matter how long they are outside the car.

2004 [REPSOL] CBR600RR
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 05:07 AM

engine on

cops leave their engine on to have all the electronics running without any strain on the battery. the motor is only running with one piston..i think, not sure. but they have a switch to turn that feature on when they are not in the vehicle. so it sounds like it is running, but its using less gas than regular.

fyi: guy who created that feature was a cop and is now rolling in dough cuz EVERY SINGLE COP CAR has one.

Or so all this was told to me from a cop buddy. dont quote me on nothing.
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 06:30 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I try not to get involved with them as much as possible, even if I think they are doing something wrong, you've never done anything like that?? ( left work early or took advantage of the system ? ) I dont know though if it was a repeat thing I would may have reacted like you, just depeneds I guess.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 08:39 AM
World Superbike Racer

it depends what mood i was in.. if a cop recently pulled me over and screwed me over then ya i proly woulda reported it, and vice versa haha..

in ur case tho, whats it guna hurt, its worth a call imo!

"I Refuse to Tiptoe Through Life to Arrive Safely At Death"
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 08:47 AM
Sweeper Warrior

Feedback Score: 34 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by layzieassbum View Post
cops leave their engine on to have all the electronics running without any strain on the battery. the motor is only running with one piston..i think, not sure. but they have a switch to turn that feature on when they are not in the vehicle. so it sounds like it is running, but its using less gas than regular.

fyi: guy who created that feature was a cop and is now rolling in dough cuz EVERY SINGLE COP CAR has one.

Or so all this was told to me from a cop buddy. dont quote me on nothing.
your cop buddy is the stereotypical cop, no doubt about it LOL. one piston, LOL, PM for a sweet deal on a pair of switches. for 234$ (+shipping), you get a "stopie" switch, and a "wheelie" button. also, for an additional 57.89$, i'll throw in the conversion kit to make your 600RR run on water. just let me know whats up.

anyways,..........i report the PO for everything they do. if i have the time to make the call, and have remembered the car/tag numbers, i turn them in for every thing they do, that would award the rest of us tickets.

the reason i do this? because i'm a di(khead (just ask j4ever)! no seriously, i am a di(khead, but when you report them, they lose the privilege of using their vehicles after hours. i think they should NOT BE ALLOWED to take the cruisers home period. "WE" the taxpayers pay for them. if you have a company car,.......... sweet! but police cruisers are not "company cars"! the tax payers pay the bills! not company profits! wake up people! you go to work all week, all year, so some one who's ideal job is to "baby sit" grown adults, can ride around after work for free?! not me! get in your own car, and spend your own money on gas like the rest of us! T.K.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies.....
but the silence of our friends... -- Martin Luther King Jr.
post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 08:58 AM
#2 Office Monkey!!

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Well I know here in Jax they are allowed to use their patrol cars for personal use. This makes it look like there are more cops on the road and as a result it is supposed to keep traffic violations and crime down.... does it work? maybe, but I don't think it is worth the thousands of dollars in gas and vehicle wear...

post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 10:47 AM
Knee Dragger

Most patrol cars are used for personal use to "look like more cars are patrolling". Lets also not forget that even while off-duty, police officers can be called in to help with certain situations, or provide back-up if they are closer than other units.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
i think i would be a hypocrite if i reported something like this. being that i'm being paid to work on medicare stuff, but i'm using the time to be on the forum all day instead...lol
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 11:34 AM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyFavored0420 View Post
Most patrol cars are used for personal use to "look like more cars are patrolling". Lets also not forget that even while off-duty, police officers can be called in to help with certain situations, or provide back-up if they are closer than other units.
Not even supervisors get called in when off duty.
My neighbor is the head supervisor for the West Palm PD and I've talked with him about this stuff. Cops are allowed to drive their cars home, but that is it. They're not allowed to stop anywhere or use it for personal use.
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkisabmf View Post
your cop buddy is the stereotypical cop, no doubt about it LOL. one piston, LOL, PM for a sweet deal on a pair of switches. for 234$ (+shipping), you get a "stopie" switch, and a "wheelie" button. also, for an additional 57.89$, i'll throw in the conversion kit to make your 600RR run on water. just let me know whats up.
There's a wheelie button??? I want two... one for each wheel
:all_cohol

R.I.P Phatty

http://twitter.com/Front_Street
@Front_Street
My Photography Attempts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srtechness View Post
From the look of your dome.. You kinda look Mexican...
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
My neighbor is the head supervisor for the West Palm PD and I've talked with him about this stuff. Cops are allowed to drive their cars home, but that is it. They're not allowed to stop anywhere or use it for personal use.
That's strange, because I have been called in many times to do warrant services, and back up. Maybe in a larger town such as West Palm you don't need to, with the number of officers on patrol... However, I was speaking in general and not in direct reference to your post.
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:54 PM
Testicular Fortitude

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincrater View Post
Well I know here in Jax they are allowed to use their patrol cars for personal use. This makes it look like there are more cops on the road and as a result it is supposed to keep traffic violations and crime down.... does it work? maybe, but I don't think it is worth the thousands of dollars in gas and vehicle wear...
JAX has an abundance of cops. Everywhere i went there i would see atleast 10. But i've never seen them used for personal use before.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Testicular Fortitude

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Maybe not the Head Superviser but regular patrol officers are likely. One of my supervisers told me once. We're on duty 24/7 theres just time that the Gov't gives us time to go home and sleep.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 01:59 PM

A cop who is on official duty such as going to meeting, interview etc; are allow to travel in official vehicle and to wear civilian attire, is allow to make stop at a restaurant to eat lunch or dinner during traveling time. I do it all the time during traveling on official business. So don’t jump to conclusion before you know the facts.........but yes not for personal use
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I AM The Righty

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by raydog View Post
A cop who is on official duty such as going to meeting, interview etc; are allow to travel in official vehicle and to wear civilian attire, is allow to make stop at a restaurant to eat lunch or dinner during traveling time. I do it all the time during traveling on official business. So don’t jump to conclusion before you know the facts.........but yes not for personal use
best post so far, but what about the passenger?
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:17 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodey View Post
best post so far, but what about the passenger?
maybe a chick coworker cop, and they were actually saving us tax dollars by carpooling.
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTM_Patron View Post
maybe a chick coworker cop, and they were actually saving us tax dollars by carpooling.
I don't know why but this made me lol.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTM_Patron View Post
True on that co-worker do travel in the same vehicle as a group or just who needed to go.
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 05:58 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezzy View Post
Perhaps he was working a special assignment (ie; undercover) or he is simply allowed to take the car home like several motor officers do here in cali!
I would never take an extreme measure as to call and report them unless i observe something major. That is just my opinion though!

most wouldnt, but i guess theres always that stickler bitch'n and complaining about minor shyt that may or may not be valid, dont sportbikers have enough to complain about some cops without bitch'n based on assumptions:01_bitchs

yea yea yea, i know my cycle may one day get me killed..... but i get to ride it first!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page