2008/2009 Evo X MR 33 52.38%
2009 335i 30 47.62%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
-2008 Mitsubishi Evo X MR vs 2009 BMW 335i-

I know I've seen this topic here before but my girlfriend and I are sorta in a dilemma and can't completely decide on what we want. Sooo she wanted the 335i for quite some time because she think's the car is nice based off of it's look's but haven't test driven it yet. I persuaded her to consider the EVO X MR because she didn't like the new STi too much because it was a hatchback/wagon. So we went to a dealer yesterday and drove it and she liked it a lot because of the fact that it was automatic. To tell you guy's the truth I'm not much of a huge fan on Euro car's only because I think they're crap after warranty and part's pricing on Euro's whether it be OEM or aftermarket is just way too ridiculous. Coming from the import scene myself and being in the game for 5yrs I'm more comfortable working on the Evo myself which is why I told her to steer towards that direction so that she can avoid going to the dealer and getting ripped off after that 4yr free maintenance program bullsh*t is over. And from what I've seen the resale value seem's to be slightly better on the Evo in comparison to the 335i so I just wanted to take a poll to see what everyone else think's about the two. Majority of my friends told me to get the Evo and a very few said get the 335i so let the game's begin...

2009 murdered out 1000RR

-Shogun sliders
-Spoon reservoir covers
-Honda Racing CF tank cover
-Honda Racing CF knee pads
-Leo Vince GP Pro EvoII SS
-PCV/IRC w/ Custom Map
-R&G Fender Eliminator
-Pazzo black shorty levers
-Vortex black rear sets
-Sportech black windscreen
-Xenon Vision 6K HID's
-BMC Race Air Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Have you guys looked into the 1 series? I like those a lot better than the 3.

Solar White RR6 "Pearl"
R.I.P. PHATTY!
Quote:
Caution: Beware of whores.........
post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofakindRR View Post
Have you guys looked into the 1 series? I like those a lot better than the 3.
Yeah we've seen the 135i is it(best model)? But we want something with a little more room cause she had an RSX before. So those were the two we had to compare with before HP wise they're about the same, MPG wise they're about the same, it's just a clash of European and Japanese.

2009 murdered out 1000RR

-Shogun sliders
-Spoon reservoir covers
-PCV/IRC w/ Custom Map
-R&G Fender Eliminator
-Vortex black rear sets
-Xenon Vision 6K HID's
-BMC Race Air Filter
post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Pocketbike Racer

My first 4 cars were imports and then I bought an E46 M3 and imports kind of went in last place for me. The BMW will provide a smothter ride with good handling and still be quick as hell without feeling like your in a race car. I don't know much about the new evo's and if they have made them more road friendly but the previous models were pretty harsh for a daily commute. As far as resale value goes, I'm thinking they are pretty equal. BMW's hold their value better than most cars out and to tell you the truth all the older EVO's out there aren't selling at a price I'd be happy with if I bought it new.

Another thing to consider is you're talking RWD VS AWD. 335 has the AWD but not the I. So I'm assuming you are looking at the RWD. Being that I see you are from SoCal I don't think you need to worry about snow, and AWD certainly isn't my favorite type of car to be driving when it's nice out. So IMO I'd go with the 335 just from the fact that I'm a BMW owner and I would actually trade in my M3 for a 335 but certainly not an EVO.

post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbodreams[B
wrx[/B];2352167]My first 4 cars were imports and then I bought an E46 M3 and imports kind of went in last place for me. The BMW will provide a smothter ride with good handling and still be quick as hell without feeling like your in a race car. I don't know much about the new evo's and if they have made them more road friendly but the previous models were pretty harsh for a daily commute. As far as resale value goes, I'm thinking they are pretty equal. BMW's hold their value better than most cars out and to tell you the truth all the older EVO's out there aren't selling at a price I'd be happy with if I bought it new.

Another thing to consider is you're talking RWD VS AWD. 335 has the AWD but not the I. So I'm assuming you are looking at the RWD. Being that I see you are from SoCal I don't think you need to worry about snow, and AWD certainly isn't my favorite type of car to be driving when it's nice out. So IMO I'd go with the 335 just from the fact that I'm a BMW owner and I would actually trade in my M3 for a 335 but certainly not an EVO.
I take it that within those 4 car's you had a WRX? LOL... Don't get me wrong I like european car's too cause I'd love for my girlfriend to get like a used '05 MBZ E55 AMG but I know they've all been used and abused so that's outta the question. And umm I'm not sure how the used market is in your state/area but around here the Evo seem's to have a slight better resale value as stated before but that's just around LA/OC area.

Yeah I believe the 335i is the RWD and the 335ix is the AWD one but the deciding factor didn't really come down to RWD or AWD cause I could care less about both because either is cool with me. Yeah I've heard that the E92 was alot better in every aspect compared to the E46 so I wouldn't blame you if you opted for the E92 from an E46. I guess we should just test drive the E92 but damn it cost's like an extra 5-6g'z for one...

2009 murdered out 1000RR

-Shogun sliders
-Spoon reservoir covers
-PCV/IRC w/ Custom Map
-R&G Fender Eliminator
-Vortex black rear sets
-Xenon Vision 6K HID's
-BMC Race Air Filter
post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 07:43 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cboy1 View Post
I know I've seen this topic here before but my girlfriend and I are sorta in a dilemma and can't completely decide on what we want. Sooo she wanted the 335i for quite some time because she think's the car is nice based off of it's look's but haven't test driven it yet. I persuaded her to consider the EVO X MR because she didn't like the new STi too much because it was a hatchback/wagon. So we went to a dealer yesterday and drove it and she liked it a lot because of the fact that it was automatic. To tell you guy's the truth I'm not much of a huge fan on Euro car's only because I think they're crap after warranty and part's pricing on Euro's whether it be OEM or aftermarket is just way too ridiculous. Coming from the import scene myself and being in the game for 5yrs I'm more comfortable working on the Evo myself which is why I told her to steer towards that direction so that she can avoid going to the dealer and getting ripped off after that 4yr free maintenance program bullsh*t is over. And from what I've seen the resale value seem's to be slightly better on the Evo in comparison to the 335i so I just wanted to take a poll to see what everyone else think's about the two. Majority of my friends told me to get the Evo and a very few said get the 335i so let the game's begin...
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 2010 STI coming in a coupe form? But I don't know if you want to wait that long

post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the 2010 STI coming in a coupe form? But I don't know if you want to wait that long
Yeah but my girl want's a new car now cause she totaled out her RSX this past year and has been driving around in her parent's car. If you're right chances are I'll be getting the new body style STi in the coming year's then and she'll have the Evo or E92.

2009 murdered out 1000RR

-Shogun sliders
-Spoon reservoir covers
-PCV/IRC w/ Custom Map
-R&G Fender Eliminator
-Vortex black rear sets
-Xenon Vision 6K HID's
-BMC Race Air Filter
post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 09:00 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Yeah but my girl want's a new car now cause she totaled out her RSX this past year and has been driving around in her parent's car. If you're right chances are I'll be getting the new body style STi in the coming year's then and she'll have the Evo or E92.
Haha, heck yeah. I love the STI performance but hate the wagon.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/06/04/s...oming-in-2010/

Here is the story with a concept drawing

post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 09:37 PM

Do you really need all wheel drive? If so go with the Evo otherwise you might consider something less expensive and equally customizable...2009 Mazdaspeed 3? (2010 looks retarded in my opinion). Plus you'll save like 10K.
post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-22-2009, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUSGUS View Post
Do you really need all wheel drive? If so go with the Evo otherwise you might consider something less expensive and equally customizable...2009 Mazdaspeed 3? (2010 looks retarded in my opinion). Plus you'll save like 10K.
No we really don't need the AWD but we're buying it more so because of the car and how amazing it is. Personally I hate Mazda's and they're at the bottom of the list for me especially in the Japanese automotive scene. To me Mazda lost everything in term's of performance after the RX7(FC/FD) and after that everything else failed to me esp. that weak RX8.

2009 murdered out 1000RR

-Shogun sliders
-Spoon reservoir covers
-PCV/IRC w/ Custom Map
-R&G Fender Eliminator
-Vortex black rear sets
-Xenon Vision 6K HID's
-BMC Race Air Filter
post #11 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 02:11 AM
Pocketbike Racer

I give props to your girl for at least trying to get rid of FWD. I don't know how the mazdaspeed 3 compares to the mazdaspeed 6 but when I test drove that thing I felt like I was driving a cadillac seville taking the turns, it was junk. I know that the 3 compares well to the WRX but the understeer of a FWD car and just the fact that they really just aren't that fun to really drive steers me away.

If the price is a factor I would stay clear of the BMW. If your questioning the sticker price of the car, it's gonna be bad when you actually have to maintain the car. If I do an oil change myself with the M3 it cost me around 86 bucks or so. Let alone what the dealership costs to do it themselves, cause you certainly aren't going to autozone to pick up some mobil 1 synthetic.

Sounds like you are leaning more towards the evo in the first place so go with what you or your girl really want. That's the bottom line

And as far as the SN goes yah, I've had it forever and use it for every forum I join, it's easier that way because I'm on a million different forums and trying to remember a different sn for each one would be way too difficult haha

post #12 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 09:46 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I voted BMW. I really wanted the 135i chipped by DINAN though. My boss has one. Unbelievable. It is faster than his 997 off the line and through the corners.

www.LMGTFY.com --> give it a try before you ask

Thanks for driving that hybrid...and saving all the gas for me!
post #13 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I voted for the Bimmer simply because the X was an automatic. Why the hell would you want that?
post #14 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawRR View Post
I voted for the Bimmer simply because the X was an automatic. Why the hell would you want that?
That's like saying why the hell would you want a Ferrari F430 Scuderia or a Nissan GTR. Now a days a lot of sportscars are coming in automatic/paddleshifters.

2009 murdered out 1000RR

-Shogun sliders
-Spoon reservoir covers
-PCV/IRC w/ Custom Map
-R&G Fender Eliminator
-Vortex black rear sets
-Xenon Vision 6K HID's
-BMC Race Air Filter
post #15 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
That's like saying why the hell would you want a Ferrari F430 Scuderia or a Nissan GTR. Now a days a lot of sportscars are coming in automatic/paddleshifters.
They dont make those cars in ONLY auto trans. Thats my point. If you are buying a sports car, get a manual. If you want a sedan, get one
post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 01:18 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Bimmer interiors don't really do it for me either although i did vote for it because the exterior is sexy as hell... What about a C350 Benz... Little cheaper then the 335i

post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 01:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

is the car for her or for you?
get something she will be happy with if its for her.

EVO grows old...

bmw doesnt...

i would select the bmw.

imo, the import scene and that stuff grew old way back when. now that i am a little older, my RR + a nice vehicle like a bmw is enough for me.
post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWright View Post
Bimmer interiors don't really do it for me either although i did vote for it because the exterior is sexy as hell... What about a C350 Benz... Little cheaper then the 335i
Cause her sister has the '09 C300 and she doesn't want the same looking car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khiemp
is the car for her or for you?
get something she will be happy with if its for her.

EVO grows old...

bmw doesnt...

i would select the bmw.

imo, the import scene and that stuff grew old way back when. now that i am a little older, my RR + a nice vehicle like a bmw is enough for me.
It's more for her but I'll be driving it 80% of the time and she's definitely happy with the way the both car's look and perform.

BMW does get old after warranty is up because that's when the headache's begin to roll in non stop.

2009 murdered out 1000RR

-Shogun sliders
-Spoon reservoir covers
-PCV/IRC w/ Custom Map
-R&G Fender Eliminator
-Vortex black rear sets
-Xenon Vision 6K HID's
-BMC Race Air Filter
post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 03:42 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I voted for the 335i, since I personally thing the 08/09 Evo's are among the ugliest cars out there... Almost up there with the Smart. (Look wise)

2004 CBR600RR 'Go Man Go' Paint
Clear Alternatives Taillight
Vortex 15/45 Sprockets
GK 520 Chain
Short Stalk Fronts
Speedo Healer
Yosh. RS-5 Slip On
Custom FE
post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Pocketbike Racer

what about Lexus IS250 or 350 for more power. I think BMW is more classy while the evo is ricer.

2003 CBR600RR- BMC race filter, DIY stacks,-1 front sprocket,
Engine ice, motul syn. oil, yoshi rs5 slip-on, 5000k HID, BT016,
Speedohealer, Power commander, 05 front fairing conversion
2002 Ram 1500 QC 5.9L 4x4
post #21 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 06:17 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpappaholt View Post
what about Lexus IS250 or 350 for more power. I think BMW is more classy while the evo is ricer.
Yeah what about the IS-F Lol

-Iwin Smoke Tail Light
-R&G Frame
-Spool
-Bar Ends
-Fork Sliders
-HotBodies Smoked Flush Mounts (Running Light Mod)
-CustomLED Relay
-Green Reflective Rim Tape
-OEM Seat Cowl
-Black/Black Driven D-3 Grips
post #22 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-23-2009, 06:32 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcastillo20059 View Post
Yeah what about the IS-F Lol
Haha. ISF is sexyness!

460HP 371lb-ft Torque 5.0L V8 23MPG RWD 8Speed Paddle Shift with Torque converter lock-up clutch mode. 6 piston 14.2" Brembo Brakes. And all around sexyness.

Solar White RR6 "Pearl"
R.I.P. PHATTY!
Quote:
Caution: Beware of whores.........
post #23 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 08:59 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RawRR View Post
I think he meant that he test drove the BMW.

Evo's, to the best of my knowledge, do not come with an automatic transmission.

I would go with the Evo. Just because I love AWD and can't ever see myself owning another car that isn't AWD.

Coming from a Suby owner... Just my $0.02

2005 CBR600RR
Jardine RT-1 Slip-On
PC'ed swingarm, engine covers, exhaust and midpipe, gas cap
Shogun Frame Sliders
Shogun Bar ends
Shogun Swingarm Spools
DIY shorty levers
Audi A4 Retro
DDM 6000K
Michelin Pilot Powers
Modded Cluster LED's

post #24 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 09:04 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccown450 View Post
I think he meant that he test drove the BMW.

I would go with the Evo. Just because I love AWD and can't ever see myself owning another car that isn't AWD.

Coming from a Suby owner... Just my $0.02
The evo is an automatic with paddle shifters but either way it would be a fun car to drive.

-Iwin Smoke Tail Light
-R&G Frame
-Spool
-Bar Ends
-Fork Sliders
-CustomLED Relay
-OEM Seat Cowl
post #25 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 02:13 AM
Moto GP Racer

BMW bro... luxury with performance.

Evo is cool too, but beemer has more appeal IMO.

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
Current bike - Yamaha Liquid Silver R1

- Competition Breeds Excellence -
post #26 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 06:44 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Enough said!! Lol

-Iwin Smoke Tail Light
-R&G Frame
-Spool
-Bar Ends
-Fork Sliders
-CustomLED Relay
-OEM Seat Cowl
post #27 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
yeah, but that the FQ400, and we never got that one in the states ^
post #28 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-27-2009, 02:06 PM
Knee Dragger

I had an evo 9 with just intake and full turbo back exhaust. With engine management made 342 wheel. The transmission is pretty damn solid, and of all my cars (30+) I miss that one the most. It really depends on how much you like to tinker. If you want something to get and forget about the BMW is the winner. If you like to mod the evo will kill the bmw in performance. Plus parts would be wayyyyyyy cheaper. The tranny in the 135/335 is also suspect. There is a dealer south of here who put the vishnu kit on a 335 and promptly ripped second gear out of the tranny with a stock clutch.
post #29 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofakindRR View Post
Haha. ISF is sexyness!

460HP 371lb-ft Torque 5.0L V8 23MPG RWD 8Speed Paddle Shift with Torque converter lock-up clutch mode. 6 piston 14.2" Brembo Brakes. And all around sexyness.
The car is definitely a sleeper but my sister has an '08 IS250 and damn that thing is cramp as f*ck to sit in the back so that's why she didn't want that car.

2009 murdered out 1000RR

-Shogun sliders
-Spoon reservoir covers
-PCV/IRC w/ Custom Map
-R&G Fender Eliminator
-Vortex black rear sets
-Xenon Vision 6K HID's
-BMC Race Air Filter
post #30 of 92 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccown450 View Post
Yeah the previous Evo's didn't but the new Evo X/MR comes in automatic only with a solid tranny. The Evo X/GSR come's out in the manual tranny and that's it.

2009 murdered out 1000RR

-Shogun sliders
-Spoon reservoir covers
-PCV/IRC w/ Custom Map
-R&G Fender Eliminator
-Vortex black rear sets
-Xenon Vision 6K HID's
-BMC Race Air Filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page