KR Tuned exhaust??? - 600RR.net
Polls and Research Take a poll and discuss your research here

View Poll Results: Which one?
Devil 2 10.00%
KR Tuned (if you can find one) 6 30.00%
Arrow 1 5.00%
FMF 1 5.00%
Leo Vince CF 2 10.00%
Jardine 5 25.00%
Other (please specify) 3 15.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
thaghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 2,503
Thanks: 104
Thanked 150 Times in 110 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
KR Tuned exhaust???

I recently decided to sell my leo vince exhaust to get a devil exhaust. Now I am torn between a few. I don't want an akra or two bros. What do you guys suggest? I am trying to stay around $500 and would like a CF. I really wanted the KR, but nobody is selling them anymore. Evidently they are being discontinued. I prefer louder exhausts, hence why I had a leo before lol. Any suggestions would be appreciated.




PLEASE READ THE CLASSIFIED RULES BEFORE POSTING CLASSIFIED RULES

Last edited by thaghost; 09-29-2009 at 12:10 PM.
thaghost is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 09:55 AM
World Superbike Racer
 
thakurtis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Valparaiso, Indiana
Posts: 1,944
Thanks: 1
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
bumpski...



harleys... yesterdays technology for tomorrows prices
thakurtis is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 02:00 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 773
Images: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if your going for loudness and CF ... the Jardine RT-1 CF dual outlet is AMAZING!!! loud as hell...wife and neighbors are always complaining

2009 Phoenix
Jardine RT-1
F/E Kit w/ Integrated Tail Light-Smoke
LP Flush Mounts-Smoke
CBRider09 is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:13 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
buechelr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Rapid City, SD
Posts: 991
Thanks: 7
Thanked 32 Times in 23 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
dual jardine looks and sounds awesome
buechelr is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Knee Dragger
 
peekay8987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 205
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
id go with the jardine, but you gotta shorten it! can i ask why you don't want the akra?

peekay 07 600RR WHITE/FLAT BLACK
SOLD
MY BUILD THREAD:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=159442
peekay8987 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
SHORTSTACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: York, South Carolina
Posts: 3,752
Thanks: 48
Thanked 60 Times in 46 Posts
Feedback Score: 15 reviews
have you looked at the vance and hines?? check it.

http://vanceandhines.com/products/sp...undertail.html

R.I.P. PHATTY
SHORTSTACK is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 09:16 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
thaghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 2,503
Thanks: 104
Thanked 150 Times in 110 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by peekay8987 View Post
id go with the jardine, but you gotta shorten it! can i ask why you don't want the akra?
By best friend i ride with has an akra.




PLEASE READ THE CLASSIFIED RULES BEFORE POSTING CLASSIFIED RULES
thaghost is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 01:46 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 365
Thanks: 5
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
I recently decided to sell my leo vince exhaust to get a devil exhaust. Now I am torn between a few. I don't want an akra or two bros. What do you guys suggest? I am trying to stay around $500 and would like a CF. I really wanted the KR, but nobody is selling them anymore. Evidently they are being discontinued. I prefer louder exhausts, hence why I had a leo before lol. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Dudeeee what are you talking about? KR tuned are for sale in hotbodies.com! Get them, those exhausts are awesome looking and unique. Ask this question to yourself, how many kr tuned exhaust have you seen in your home state?

Also kr tuned says in their website that they been in the racing business for 20 years. I didn't see anything about the business closing down or discontinued.

http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/en/cat_23_kr_exhausts

Last edited by nshortri; 09-30-2009 at 01:55 AM.
nshortri is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
thaghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 2,503
Thanks: 104
Thanked 150 Times in 110 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nshortri View Post
Dudeeee what are you talking about? KR tuned are for sale in hotbodies.com! Get them, those exhausts are awesome looking and unique. Ask this question to yourself, how many kr tuned exhaust have you seen in your home state?

Also kr tuned says in their website that they been in the racing business for 20 years. I didn't see anything about the business closing down or discontinued.

http://www.hotbodiesracing.com/en/cat_23_kr_exhausts
I thought so too, but I contacted them and they do not have them in stock. Everybody is telling me that it is being discontinued. I've tried; cyclesector, hardracing, monkeyworks, 58cycle, bayside performance, xtreme discount cycle, motomummy, sportbike track gear, motorcycle-superstore, motorcycle toy store, solomotoparts and a few others.




PLEASE READ THE CLASSIFIED RULES BEFORE POSTING CLASSIFIED RULES
thaghost is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Pocketbike Racer
 
Trythatonforsize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've got the KR tuned exhaust from a group buy here a month ago. I love it, not too expensive and sounds great. The only things I don't like about it was getting the silencer cap out (reduces sound by a few db's) but I got it with a screwdriver and snap ring pliers from work. The clamp wasn't made well and broke when I tightened it down but it's not leaking right now, and I'm going to put the stock clamp back on. But for the cost it's not bad. I liked my 2 bros on my 599 but on the RR they stick out way too far.

!!!!STOLEN!!!! 2007 CBR600RR "The Scalpel"
Goodrich & Galfer steel braided brake lines, KR tuned slip-on, Michelin Pilot Pure's, Puig Racing Screen, Shogun no cut sliders, Minute Maid frame plugs, ProGrip grips, TechSpec tank grips.

Trythatonforsize is offline  
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2009, 12:56 PM
BOTM Winner 07/12
 
03WisconsinRR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 1,714
Images: 8
Thanks: 66
Thanked 131 Times in 109 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 17 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack05 View Post
have you looked at the vance and hines?? check it.

http://vanceandhines.com/products/sp...undertail.html
Wow I dont even know these guys were still making stuff for sport bikes. Looks pretty nice.



Anyway..My KR tuned is awsome. Its not to loud unless your really on the throttle and they seem to be well made. No issues with mine.

08'RR
Akra Evo TI - Bazzaz ZfiTc - Acumen Gear Indicator - Yoyo Stay - Keyless Mod - Michelin Power Cup - HRC overflow - ECUnleashed
Yoyo Slipper - Galfer Lines - HRC Rear Res - HRC Throttle - Woodcraft Sliders - Woodcraft Rearsets - Servo Mod - Samco Hoses
BMC - Hotbodies - Brembo RCS19 - Penske 8987 & 20mm Valving - ASV Levers - Rk 520 - GPR Damper - EBC XC Rotors
Woodcraft Clipons - Gilles Chain Adjuster - R&R Subframe - PAIR Mod - Cox Rad Guard - MOYT 4 cell - Factory Pro Shift Star
03WisconsinRR is offline  
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-02-2009, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer
 
thaghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 2,503
Thanks: 104
Thanked 150 Times in 110 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trythatonforsize View Post
I've got the KR tuned exhaust from a group buy here a month ago. I love it, not too expensive and sounds great. The only things I don't like about it was getting the silencer cap out (reduces sound by a few db's) but I got it with a screwdriver and snap ring pliers from work. The clamp wasn't made well and broke when I tightened it down but it's not leaking right now, and I'm going to put the stock clamp back on. But for the cost it's not bad. I liked my 2 bros on my 599 but on the RR they stick out way too far.
who had the GB on these?




PLEASE READ THE CLASSIFIED RULES BEFORE POSTING CLASSIFIED RULES
thaghost is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome