Shoya Tomizawa death - 600RR.net
Polls and Research Take a poll and discuss your research here

View Poll Results: Did Shoya Tomizawa death motivate you to change your riding habits?
Yes, the death motivated me to improve my riding habits 0 0%
No, I want to ride my bike like I stole it 0 0%
I obey all laws already and I will be more alerted 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 12:01 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Shoya Tomizawa death

I am doing a research for psychology on what people will do after seeing a death of a rider. I want to make a poll:

Does Shoya Tomizawa death make you ever wonder what to do while riding your own bike? Whould you try to improve your skills so you don't crash? Or are you going to still going to ride your bike like you stole it? Or are you going to ride it normal as you always did and be more alerted?

Last edited by nshortri; 09-06-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Demented

I'm sorry, but there is no amount of learning or skill that can be involved to avoid a crash like what happened to Tomizawa. It was a racing accident that could have happened to anyone. It also has absolutely no place in being compared to anything that will happen on the street like your questions suggest.

To be honest, I find this thread topic to be insanely disrespectful, poorly thought out, and of bad taste.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 12:20 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
I'm sorry, but there is no amount of learning or skill that can be involved to avoid a crash like what happened to Tomizawa. It was a racing accident that could have happened to anyone. It also has absolutely no place in being compared to anything that will happen on the street like your questions suggest.

To be honest, I find this thread topic to be insanely disrespectful, poorly thought out, and of bad taste.
Please don't be sorry, I just want to see what people think after the crash. I took introduction to psychology 1 class and going to take psychology 2 class soon and I want to learn what people think. Just because it is in a track, does it change your riding habits on the street because of this crash? Would you stop riding because of this crash?

In psychology, when we see an event like a crash, it might change us. I am very curious in finding how many people will change their riding habits if they see this event. Also, I am not questioning your skills, I am simply asking if this event changed your life. This event changed my perspective like that I should wear full leathers and that I have to be more alerted because the road has many hazards.

EDIT: Please post any suggestions and if the adminstrator finds this offensive, please delete it. I am only trying to find out how many people are affected by this crash and that they want to learn to be better rider.

Last edited by nshortri; 09-06-2010 at 12:26 AM.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Demented

I don't question that events like this change people, but throwing Tomizawa's skill into question, stupidly assuming learning more skills will stop a racing accident, and comparing racing situations to the street is what is wrong with your thread.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 12:30 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
I don't question that events like this change people, but throwing Tomizawa's skill into question, stupidly assuming learning more skills will stop a racing accident, and comparing racing situations to the street is what is wrong with your thread.
I am not trying to point out Tomizawa's skill. I am trying to say this, will his death on a motocycle motivate a person to change their skills on a motorcycle in the streets?

Did his death make you change your riding skills? That is what I am trying to ask. I am not saying that his leaning skills resulted a crash, I am asking if the crash affected you.

Last edited by nshortri; 09-06-2010 at 12:42 AM.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Yeah crashes happen every day. whether it be in a car or on a bike. I drive tow trucks for a living and i see and have to get involved in (sometimes) fatal accidents almost every day. I can NOT let it affect my driving habits, judging by my personal driving records i believe i have enough skill to handle just about any situation thrown my way.

Unfortunately driving skill is determined by how many accidents someone has, what is not recorded is how many accidents a particular person has avoided.

I watched the race on TV, like D said, that crash could have happened to anyone that day, unfortunately Tomizawa had two guys hot on his tail, which is what made the accident fatal. His skill has absolutely nothing to do why the crash was fatal, it was the conditions of racing.

I cant see how THIS paticular crash could change anybodies riding, I see this going in the same direction as the BS going on right now about Peter Lenz being too young. It is part of the sport/hobby/job we choose. It is dangerous and can be fatal, both on the street and the track, we know this but we cant let it stop us from doing what we love to do.

Street: 2009 CBR600RR Metallic black Track: 2007 GSXR 600 black/white/blue
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 12:49 AM
Lifetime Premium

And NO it has not affected my riding, cause changing riding habits will not have made that paticular accident not happen. It was not about riding style, it was about the situation. The only thing this should change about street riding is someone saying, "maybe when i ride in a group of friends we should give each other a little more space so if one of us goes down we wont take out the rest of the group."

If an accident like this makes you think about your riding style or habits, whether right or wrong, then maybe a motorcycle isnt for you.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy View Post
It is dangerous and can be fatal, both on the street and the track, we know this but we cant let it stop us from doing what we love to do.
Instead, we use it to get our heads down behind the bubble, twist the throttle open even more, and ride our hearts out in their memory.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nshortri View Post
I am not trying to point out Tomizawa's skill. I am trying to say this, will his death on a motocycle motivate a person to change their skills on a motorcycle in the streets?

Did his death make you change your riding skills? That is what I am trying to ask. I am not saying that his leaning skills resulted a crash, I am asking if the crash affected you.
i also find this thread of terribly bad taste and disrespect.

you should have this thread deleted and re-think your damn idea on how things affect people. like, your thread pissed me off cause your lack of compassion for a deceased rider.

but to me it sounds like you need to take more psychology and psychotherapy classes.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 02:16 AM
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Instead, we use it to get our heads down behind the bubble, twist the throttle open even more, and ride our hearts out in their memory.

10 char....

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-06-2010, 04:09 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
i fail to see how this crash has any thing to do with rider skill ....

its like going down in a blind corner because you didnt see sand, and then getting run over by a truck

instead he went a little wide, fell, and got hit by bikes...

im sorry for his family ...
but this question doesnt relate to any thing, it was a freak accident,.

DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page