how do you judge bikes? - 600RR.net
Polls and Research Take a poll and discuss your research here

View Poll Results: hoe do you judge what bike to buy?
looks 22 46.81%
magazines 9 19.15%
race results 10 21.28%
brand loyalty 21 44.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
how do you judge bikes?

everyone prolly uses a combo of things, but whats your single biggest contributing factor? i was wondering how everyone who can't ride them all compares bikes. and i love polls. so toss in your 2 cents and lets talk about it.

personally, i use race results of the factory teams. i figure if all the factories are trying to win, the one that does it best will. there's alot of variables: riders, sponsors, budgets, etc., but when one bike consistently wins (like the K5), i tend to think something about the performance of that bike must be better than the rest.

edit: i can't edit that poll typo...:evil1:

Last edited by skittzo; 02-07-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
honda all the way...had a few honda cars....loved them so sure why not buy a honda bike....i'll stay loyal.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Moto GP Racer

i say brand loyalty...but not cuz i'm a honda fan boy or just accept everything they put out because it has a wing on it. i just like the feel of hondas, they feel screwed together tight, well made. even mags are in agreement that there is in fact such a thing as "honda build quality". i would put another choice up there called "feel".

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 11:29 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
since most of the newer bikes are very close in performance the only way to really judge a bike is by the way you as an individual sees it by the way it looks. when buying a new bike most dealers won't let you test ride them so you almost have to go by looks and peer pressure.

08' ZX10R - LOTS OF GOODIES!!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-11-2006, 01:35 PM

Since my last bike was a Suzuki (i know, i know) I can't say that I am brand loyal. Although, I doubt I will ever have anything other than a Honda now that I have my RR. However, I keep up on the progress of technology, race results, etc. by reading Road Racing World, Road RacerX, etc. Also, attending the races (Barber, Mid-Ohio, Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta) and speaking to people with different bikes to get their perspective. Not just on the bike itself but aftermarket accessories and their performance on different models.
For example: A dude I ride with has the new paint scheme (yellow/black) 50th Anniversary Yamaha R6. He likes the way it looks but complains that the seat height is too high (almost 34 inches!), it runs waaaay to hot, and he doesn't like the front end...though he says he'll get used to it.
Not my opinion of a good way to spend that kind of $$$ on something I don't LOVE!
anyway, that's my two cents.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page