Stock or Modified 600RR - 600RR.net
Polls and Research Take a poll and discuss your research here

View Poll Results: Keeping your 600RR stock or modified?
Stock 3 12.00%
Modifed 22 88.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Stock or Modified 600RR

Just wanted to see if you were planning to (or have) kept your 600RR stock or modified?

2014 Chevrolet Express 2500
2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 12:42 AM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Modified for sure

I swore I wouldn't change much about it when I bought it, but that didn't last long. I kept my older bike stock the entire time I had it though.

Radiator & Down pipe guard
Carbon fiber levers
Marc 1 windscreen
Solo seat cowl
Removed passenger pegs
Painted heel guards
Carbon fiber front fender
TST halo flush mount turn signals
Rear fender eliminator
And just bought a new fuel cap
Want to buy a quickshifter

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

https://40.media.tumblr.com/68b9f92683e3e0506dd727af79363281/tumblr_ntyw0v9hrk1ufoouto1_500.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to shinfo For This Useful Post:
Fanatic (08-27-2015)
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:21 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Fanatic, at the bare minimum that rear fender MUST go! A quality slip-on also makes the ride more enjoyable. Emphasis on the word 'quality'

Just like shinfo I swore I wouldn't do much but I keep adding stuff every month or so.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to digdah For This Useful Post:
CBR_Bitty (08-27-2015), Fanatic (08-27-2015)
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by digdah View Post
Fanatic, at the bare minimum that rear fender MUST go! A quality slip-on also makes the ride more enjoyable. Emphasis on the word 'quality'

Just like shinfo I swore I wouldn't do much but I keep adding stuff every month or so.
Man, I'm telling you, I'm going to end up being the last person on the forum who ends up modifying (only at the worst case scenario ). I'm just nerdy like that, lol.

I'm in love with Honda's engineering from the factory in Japan, and I wouldn't feel right changing anything up. I've modified my cars in the past with ECU tunes, full catless exhaust systems, pulleys, air intake / filters... Although it was fun, it got old very fast for me. Even small / minor mods won't float my boat.

Just want to ride the bike daily and at every chance while racking up tons of miles (along with experience). I should be approaching the 600 mile service well within two weeks time of purchase.

Told you I'm nerdy.

2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR

Last edited by Fanatic; 08-27-2015 at 02:04 PM.
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 03:03 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatic View Post
Man, I'm telling you, I'm going to end up being the last person on the forum who ends up modifying (only at the worst case scenario ). I'm just nerdy like that, lol.

I'm in love with Honda's engineering from the factory in Japan, and I wouldn't feel right changing anything up. I've modified my cars in the past with ECU tunes, full catless exhaust systems, pulleys, air intake / filters... Although it was fun, it got old very fast for me. Even small / minor mods won't float my boat.

Just want to ride the bike daily and at every chance while racking up tons of miles (along with experience). I should be approaching the 600 mile service well within two weeks time of purchase.

Told you I'm nerdy.

Why make this thread then? The majority of people on this forum see the benefits of upgrades, either small or large. My modifications are very modest compared to others. Is this thread just to brag about you being "nerdy" and 'special' because you seem to hold Honda engineering to the highest standard. People either modify their bike to make it fit them better (windscreens, adjustable rearsets, levers, etc.) or for better performance and safety (upgraded suspension, SS brake lines, quickshifters, etc.). The 600RR is a great bike, but holding it to some pedestal like it's perfect and shouldn't be messed with is ridiculous. As is repeatedly calling yourself "nerdy" for not seeing that there is room for improvement. This is the second time I've read you saying the same thing about "I modded my cars and won't mod my bike" so you seem to have your feet firmly planted on the issue, which brings me to my original question of; why make this thread when a simple look around the forum would show you that most people not only see the benefits of, but also enjoy, upgrading their bike.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/68b9f92683e3e0506dd727af79363281/tumblr_ntyw0v9hrk1ufoouto1_500.jpg
Fanatic (08-27-2015)
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinfo View Post
Why make this thread then? The majority of people on this forum see the benefits of upgrades, either small or large. My modifications are very modest compared to others. Is this thread just to brag about you being "nerdy" and 'special' because you seem to hold Honda engineering to the highest standard. People either modify their bike to make it fit them better (windscreens, adjustable rearsets, levers, etc.) or for better performance and safety (upgraded suspension, SS brake lines, quickshifters, etc.). The 600RR is a great bike, but holding it to some pedestal like it's perfect and shouldn't be messed with is ridiculous. As is repeatedly calling yourself "nerdy" for not seeing that there is room for improvement. This is the second time I've read you saying the same thing about "I modded my cars and won't mod my bike" so you seem to have your feet firmly planted on the issue, which brings me to my original question of; why make this thread when a simple look around the forum would show you that most people not only see the benefits of, but also enjoy, upgrading their bike.

Good perspective, I like.

The purpose of this thread was to not make it about me, so I hope you don't take it that way. I did however want to see other peoples take as well, and maybe I'd encounter someone who thought similarly to me - Not to get you stirred, my apology.

Modifying or not modifying doesn't have to be about improvement or keeping the bike so called "perfect". I look at it as a means of bringing the bike closer to what the owner wants out of it, and what he or she gives priority to. It's more of a preference compared to anything else, I say.

Me being firm on my position doesn't have to have influence on you or anyone else's perspective or outlook. And I respect / appreciate everyone else's thought, and yours too.

You're likely correct, a lot of members may tend to modify on this forum, but I wouldn't speak for everyone - Hence the option to vote on the poll. It doesn't make anyone or anything wrong.

You may look at it as upgrading, but I would assume that most people know and understand that whether the part's design comes from Honda or an aftermarket company, it has a compromise to make at some place or the other - Such as fuel efficiency, power, performance, sound / decibels, life / longevity, warranty, etc.

Moral of my reply is to not prove that you are incorrect in your perspective, so hopefully you'll have an open mind about mine as well.

Peace.

2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR

Last edited by Fanatic; 08-27-2015 at 03:54 PM.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 04:59 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Mods make the bike "yours" IMO.

Tons of things should be changed!

Windscreen should direct air around and over you, not right into your face.

That stock taillight and rear fender is pretty much the ugliest thing I've ever seen

Bulky ass dangly front signals look like S**t

Headlights should be brighter for safety reasons

And so much more....

The Following User Says Thank You to dagg92 For This Useful Post:
Fanatic (08-27-2015)
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:

You may look at it as upgrading, but I would assume that most people know and understand that whether the part's design comes from Honda or an aftermarket company, it has a compromise to make at some place or the other - Such as fuel efficiency, power, performance, sound / decibels, life / longevity, warranty, etc.
Also, I think you bought a bike for the wrong reasons if you have this opinion.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dagg92 For This Useful Post:
Fanatic (08-27-2015), shinfo (08-27-2015)
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 05:37 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
when i got the phoenix, mods came slow. rear fender was the first to go. that thing is hideous. then signals, to clean up the look in the front. exhaust came next, then little aesthetic parts here and there. then i went to afghanistan and started stacking loot. bought more stuff: rear sets, mirrors, rims, headlights. and she looked like this:

then i crashed her.

so with the 07, i replicated what i liked with the phoenix. couldn't keep her "stock", at least in the form i got her from her previous owner. and the mods will continue until i get something else. but it's as simple as @dagg92 said: "Mods make the bike "yours" IMO."

SGT Mario Kawika Deleon
05.11.80 - 04.16.07

team white.
GKMMC. ch 24.

2009 phoenix - crashed [june 2012 BOTM winner]
2007 #teamwhite - the current ride

www.facebook.com/spiritofkaos1
The Following User Says Thank You to spiritofkaos1 For This Useful Post:
Fanatic (08-27-2015)
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 06:52 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Quote:
Modifying or not modifying doesn't have to be about improvement or keeping the bike so called "perfect". I look at it as a means of bringing the bike closer to what the owner wants out of it, and what he or she gives priority to. It's more of a preference compared to anything else, I say.

Me being firm on my position doesn't have to have influence on you or anyone else's perspective or outlook. And I respect / appreciate everyone else's thought, and yours too.

You're likely correct, a lot of members may tend to modify on this forum, but I wouldn't speak for everyone - Hence the option to vote on the poll. It doesn't make anyone or anything wrong.

I think you need to learn more about your bike and what the word "upgrade" means before you start speaking for anyone else on this forum. You are quickly isolating yourself with your lack of knowledge and willingness to put your 2 cents in on everything.

Fanatic (08-27-2015)
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagg92 View Post
Also, I think you bought a bike for the wrong reasons if you have this opinion.

At least you've got a thought and opinion as well, so I'm cool with that.

* Also, I was referring to part modifications in general - I'm fine and happy with the 600RR's character from the factory which is still pretty radical (which I like!), although well balanced for my everyday riding. I've replaced using a car, and my motivation is to enjoy the bike the way it is.

I don't expect you to agree, partner. Just don't misunderstand me at the same time, please.

2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR

Last edited by Fanatic; 08-27-2015 at 10:09 PM.
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
I think you need to learn more about your bike and what the word "upgrade" means before you start speaking for anyone else on this forum. You are quickly isolating yourself with your lack of knowledge and willingness to put your 2 cents in on everything.

Correct, I do need to learn more about my bike. When did I say I didn't need to?

Also, an "upgrade" to one may not necessarily mean the same to another... Again, it all comes to preference and the desire to personalize the bike. Neither is right or wrong.

Hey brother, I'm open to you sharing your education... Please feel free post a detail or two on this thread or even within a PM so that I may be able to enhance my knowledge along with the application.

I never said that I didn't have an open mind either.

2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR

Last edited by Fanatic; 08-28-2015 at 09:50 AM.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 11:21 AM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Stock or Modified 600RR

Quote:

Also, an "upgrade" to one may not necessarily mean the same to another... Again, it all comes to preference and the desire to personalize the bike. Neither is right or wrong.
:

You tell me how a radiator guard, SS braided brake lines, Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes (just to name a few "mods") are anything other than upgrades. You are a brick wall and I'll repeat myself one more time; please read more and learn about your bike before you start speaking for others. I am not going to teach you about your bike in this thread or in PM's, it is your job to search through this forum like everyone else and learn what you want. Good luck with your bike.

Last edited by shinfo; 08-28-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Fanatic (08-28-2015)
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
You tell me how a radiator guard, SS braided brake lines, Ohlins suspension, Brembo brakes (just to name a few "mods") are anything other than upgrades. You are a brick wall and I'll repeat myself one more time; please read more and learn about your bike before you start speaking for others. I am not going to teach you about your bike in this thread or in PM's, it is your job to search through this forum like everyone else and learn what you want. Good luck with your bike.

Makes sense, although I feel that if you upgrade one area, then you're playing with the overall balance of the bike, therefore consistency is another challenging aspect when it comes to modifying, but this is just another opinion from me which one can take with a grain of salt.

Reading and learning up about my bike is a no-brainer, and it's something that I will always take up on... That's an aspect you don't have to make an extra effort to preach me on, as per your request.

No offense intended.

Good luck with your bike as well, shinfo.

2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR

Last edited by Fanatic; 08-28-2015 at 12:57 PM.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:19 PM
Knee Dragger

Fanatic you need to be absolutely more specific when you mention upgrading parts and so on. People will misunderstand in many ways maybe a big way causing blah blah.

When I read that you mentioned upgrading someparts can cause some sort of balance or something and I'm like what no wth... And then pops up oh yeah in the engine such as for example you change your air filter to a aftermarket performance filter whilst everything else remaining stock then yeah absolutely the other parts will "challenge to keep up or w.e"

Idk maybe I'm ranting cos I'm tripping, who knows? It's a Friday/weekend :)
The Following User Says Thank You to Blowingclouds For This Useful Post:
Fanatic (08-28-2015)
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:20 PM
Knee Dragger

Oh and this thread escalated reeeaaaal quick like zero to a hundred nigga real quick , zero to a hundred nigga real quick, real quick ahuh

Last edited by Blowingclouds; 08-28-2015 at 01:21 PM.
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:27 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowingclouds View Post
Oh and this thread escalated reeeaaaal quick like zero to a hundred nigga real quick , zero to a hundred nigga real quick, real quick ahuh

Only because he has said / is saying these exact same statements in other threads.

post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:30 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Fanatic you need to be absolutely more specific when you mention upgrading parts and so on. People will misunderstand in many ways maybe a big way causing blah blah.

When I read that you mentioned upgrading someparts can cause some sort of balance or something and I'm like what no wth... And then pops up oh yeah in the engine such as for example you change your air filter to a aftermarket performance filter whilst everything else remaining stock then yeah absolutely the other parts will "challenge to keep up or w.e"

Idk maybe I'm ranting cos I'm tripping, who knows? It's a Friday/weekend :)
Quote:
Quote:
Only because he has said / is saying these exact same statements in other threads.

It's a Friday / weekend thing, that's it - just don't modify one's nutZ and we're in bloody fantastic shape!

(Hope that's specific enough, lol)

2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR

Last edited by Fanatic; 08-28-2015 at 01:39 PM.
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:32 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I vote stock.

Also, I vote shinfo is a total baby back bitch!
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkautz View Post
I vote stock.

Superman, is that you?

2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR
post #21 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:49 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Quote:
I vote stock.

Congrats, join the club. I'll be sure to get you a gold star for being #1 frittata. Also, bitch move by creating a second account and not calling me out on your primary.

post #22 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:50 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Congrats, join the club. I'll be sure to get you a gold star for being #1 frittata. Also, bitch move by creating a second account and not calling me out on your primary.

Shinfo. Do us a favor... SHHH!
post #23 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:56 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Quote:
Shinfo. Do us a favor... SHHH!

Someone seems butthurt. Keep hiding behind your second account. I'm sure that will work out very well for you.

post #24 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:59 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Someone seems butthurt. Keep hiding behind your second account. I'm sure that will work out very well for you.

2 things.

1. This is my primary account

2. SHHHH!
post #25 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:04 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Quote:
2 things.

1. This is my primary account

2. SHHHH!

I can do this all day. This takes literally zero effort for me to punch a few keys and piss you off super easily.

post #26 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:09 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
I can do this all day. This takes literally zero effort for me to punch a few keys and piss you off super easily.

I know you can, you have no life

SHHH!
post #27 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
FYI, shinfo - that's not me and my second account. I have no reason to hide.

2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fanatic For This Useful Post:
jkautz (08-28-2015), shinfo (08-28-2015)
post #28 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:51 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
I vote stock.

no, he's actually a good addition to this community, he's added lots of good input over his time on here. you, along with this thread are fking retarded
The Following User Says Thank You to bikelife38 For This Useful Post:
shinfo (08-28-2015)
post #29 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:56 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikelife38 View Post
no, he's actually a good addition to this community, he's added lots of good input over his time on here. you, along with this thread are fking retarded
Your moms a good addition to this community
post #30 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 03:05 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

Stock or Modified 600RR

Quote:
Your moms a good addition to this community

This is adult time, please go join your friends at the kid table.

Last edited by shinfo; 08-28-2015 at 03:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page