New A* T-Stunt Airflo - 600RR.net
Helmets, Leathers, Boots & Gloves Discuss and ask questions about your gear here

Sponsored by SportbikeTrackGear

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 09:29 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New A* T-Stunt Airflo

I got my new jacket today (from MRI, thanks for being so quick Nick!). I really like it. When am really impressed with the quality. I was a little leary about it being a mesh jacket, but this thing looks pretty durable. It looks so much better than it did on A*'s website, they need a new photographer.

When I first put it on, it felt a little small becuase I am 6'2". Plenty of people have told me that it is impossible to get a jacket that would be long enough without it being to loose and bulky. But after I sat on my bike and it bunched up a little, I was glad I didnt get a size bigger (I ordered a large). I whent for a little ride around town with just a white T underneath, it was a little chilly(71 outside). I was concerned about the shoulders and arms getting hot. After the first ride I can tell that it shouldnt be a problem at all. So much air really does flow through it.

The down side. The shoulders are a little bulky. The bunch up a tad more than I would like on my neck. Sitting with my helmet on, I didnt like how when I would turn to look back i would kit my shoulders. But I cant really imagine when i would have to look back that far while i was ridding.

Heres a pic! Its not really that shinny in real life, I guess it is just something with the flash. Thanks Schwing and Nick for helping me pick out an awesome jacket!

2004 Black RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 02:41 PM
mtc
World Superbike Racer

I`m 6 2 as well and was surprised that I was able to get away with a large in the Airflow I got. I usually go XL in size but this jacket in that size would have been too big.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 12:02 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Very cool that you like it. I plan to get the red one in a week or two. I have a black TZ-1 but it gets too freakin hot when it is over 85 outside.

03 Red/Black CBR600RR

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 04:21 AM
Moto GP Racer

Yo frankie I know you're on vacation and all, but the armor in that jacket is movable.

Unzip the zipper in the inside bottom of the jacket. Actually it's easier to do this with two people: you put the jacket on, and someone else moves around the armor until you're comfortable with it.

I have really really narrow bony shoulders, and the armor bugged the hell out of me in that jacket. No matter what I did it irritated my shoulders, and I looked like a freakin football player. Some adjustments made, and now it's just right. :D

R.I.P. Phattywhorefresh - 10.19.2010

"The lesson is that unbeatable superheroes only exist in movies." -Valentino Rossi

<--- me on the right

http://www.myspace.com/astars
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 01:50 PM
Knee Dragger

Looks really nice, i want to get the red one i think. how much did you pay for it? and where did you buy it? thank you!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 04:48 PM
Knee Dragger

Nice jacket. Im currently looking for a mesh jacket.

A little off topic but is that your dog in your avitar? I got a mini version. Actually I got it more for my GF but she is nice to have around. My mom also has 2. Fun little dogs.

Just your average 600hp Cobra...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 11:08 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Schwing, I was wearing it more, and it doesnt bother me as much, but if it does, ill do some shifting, thanks

aero, I got it from MRI, I dont know why but i assume i am not supposed to post prices. But it was cheaper than everyone else. And shipping was only $5.00

boosted2000si, It is a mini, and it is my dog. Its the only dog ive had ever since it was a puppy. I am sure i will always have a mini dach around my house now.

Ohh, i was ridding around in 91 degree weather and it wasnt too hot. Great flow!

2004 Black RR
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2004, 12:59 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Love the Jacket frankie my Best Friend has the same one and loves it.

To be old and wise you have to be young and stupid first.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 03:22 AM
Pocketbike Racer

I just got mine today too. I'm 6'1" 210, and went with a XXL cause i have wide shoulders, and it fits perfect. with the liner out, it flows a ton of air.
how is everyone cleaning theirs? i have tons of bugs in my area, and the white shoulders are gonna get dirty quick.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 09:27 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

i asked the same question a few weeks ago.

Schwing said that you can take the aromor out and just trow it in the washing machine and then air dry.

Nice jacket

2004 Black RR
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 03:25 PM
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!

nice coat.. i got the red one... fits awesome.. im 5' 11" and a Large fits perfect..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page