2015 Rex - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 09:48 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
2015 Rex

Just ordered a new 2015 Subaru WRX last night, had a few goodies installed by the dealer and they're giving me around a 4 week time frame to have it delivered. I didn't come from anything special, 2014 Legacy. My friend had an '11 WRX which was very fun to drive so I decided to pull the trigger myself. Since they didn't have any WR Blue WRX's on the showroom floor, I attached a Google image- it's the same exact vehicle though. It'll be nice to have a cage that can move too now- 2.0L Boxer Direct Inject Turbo 6-speed MT, puts out 268hp, only 37hp less than the STI's now. Subaru did a redesign in 2015 for the WRX's as they lost the Impreza tag- kept the chassis but gave it a few performance upgrades.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image_1427291280844.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	151233  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Just realized that picture looks like complete crap, sorry had to post pics from my phone while at work. Will take some real ones when she comes in...any else have experience with the WRX's or STI's?
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 05:53 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I've heard complaints about reliability from very mechanical people who's opinions I trust, but that may have improved as time has gone on. The new STIs are the first ones I actually find attractive.

Congrats!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 11:08 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
The new WRX has the Fa20DIT motor and its supposed to be great. Just don't run rotella in it. there have been a few spun bearing issues. But I wouldn't worry.

2 weeks ago I ordered a '15 STI base in CWP. Hopefully i'll have it in a month or so. I sold my S2000 and wanted AWD and with mitsu killing the EVO X the subi was the logical choice. Even though the ej25 motors blow up i'll baby it until i build the block and go with a rotated turbo. My s2k was making 425whp with a pfab turbo kit before i parted it and sold it

'12 CBR1000RR - Streets
'09 ZX6R - Track only

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 11:26 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
The new WRX has the Fa20DIT motor and its supposed to be great. Just don't run rotella in it. there have been a few spun bearing issues. But I wouldn't worry.

2 weeks ago I ordered a '15 STI base in CWP. Hopefully i'll have it in a month or so. I sold my S2000 and wanted AWD and with mitsu killing the EVO X the subi was the logical choice. Even though the ej25 motors blow up i'll baby it until i build the block and go with a rotated turbo. My s2k was making 425whp with a pfab turbo kit before i parted it and sold it
I may consider the new WRX in the future, in that case. We could use another family car!

I was about to pull the trigger on a PBTuning setup for the S2000. If you're not familiar with it, check it out. Seems very well-designed. Instead, I decided to get a new CBR :P Maybe when I go back stateside...
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 12:39 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,045 Times in 851 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I had a 2011 sti hatch but sold it last year. Don't really regret it much.

It was a fun car, but was lacking in far too many aspects. It rattled, clunked, the paint was garbage, interior was cheap, and the brakes sucked which you wouldn't expect.

I suspect I just grew out of it, they are definitely a boy racer car. I'm much happier with the m3
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 01:37 AM
Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
I suspect I just grew out of it, they are definitely a boy racer car. I'm much happier with the m3
Yeah almost all Japanese sports cars could be labeled that... Evos, stis, Z's, DSMs, Supras, RX7 etc. Very strong boy racer level, but the same could be said with their sportbikes. Nothing screams hotshot boy racer louder than an inline four flying past you.

Euro cars come with an old snobby white gray hair guy who plays tennis stigma.

American muscle owners are fat dudes who only car about horsepower.

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 04:57 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR View Post
Yeah almost all Japanese sports cars could be labeled that... Evos, stis, Z's, DSMs, Supras, RX7 etc. Very strong boy racer level, but the same could be said with their sportbikes. Nothing screams hotshot boy racer louder than an inline four flying past you.

Euro cars come with an old snobby white gray hair guy who plays tennis stigma.

American muscle owners are fat dudes who only car about horsepower.
Yup, they only car about horsepower.

Sell that Monster and return to your roots, those Gixxer chromosomes are calling....

I also wouldn't put the Supra and the Zs in the same league as the EVO or STi.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 08:43 AM
Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
Yup, they only car about horsepower.

Sell that Monster and return to your roots, those Gixxer chromosomes are calling....

I also wouldn't put the Supra and the Zs in the same league as the EVO or STi.
Hey I was half asleep when I posted this!!

But yes, gixxers are the best and you know it. It's okay to get one rad. You know deep down inside you'll love it. You know, just... Let it happen. Let it happen damnit!!!

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 09:36 AM
05/16 BOTM Winner / Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
Thats why i sold my turbo civic. Driving it was a blast and beating up on vettes, blown mustangs and pretty much anything else was great. It just beats you up driving around town, and everyone associates you with the guys driving primered, $hit boxes with lambo doors and crappy exhausts falling off..

Dont think a wrx will give you the same attention. You'll probably love it. For me a luxury sport will be my next ride, along with my suv.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetopps View Post
Dont think a wrx will give you the same attention. You'll probably love it. For me a luxury sport will be my next ride, along with my suv.
Yeah not looking to do any mods, pretty much keep it bone stock besides an STI short throw and possibly some 5k HID's down the road. Not sure why any car company would waste a projector's potential with halogen bulbs. Don't get me wrong, projectors are a huge upgrade regardless but with HID's they really shine.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 10:24 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDoubleR View Post
Hey I was half asleep when I posted this!!

But yes, gixxers are the best and you know it. It's okay to get one rad. You know deep down inside you'll love it. You know, just... Let it happen. Let it happen damnit!!!
Not in a gazillion years, unless they update the almost decade-old platform of their's and produce something spectacular......

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page