Happy Mondays! Popo riding competition - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 09:50 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Happy Mondays! Popo riding competition

So Arizona just went through a weekend of all sorts of police departments competing with one another on a course.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/story/28...ion-in-phoenix

I like the concept but also wish they take it one step further in the future and open up the competition to non-badged riders as well. I remember reading about a drag strip that hosts "Beat the Heat" that pits popos against ordinary drivers and considering the piles of hate the police are getting in their daily routines, it would help ease the tension from both sides and allow people to run away from them without ill consequences in a controlled environment.

Thoughts?

Happy Mondays!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 10:17 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I think it would be an interesting event to compete in but I'm not so sure growing ones confidence against the police is a good idea. One would be more inclined to outrun the police if they know for a fact they are a better rider.

If normal law-abiding citizens tooks part then it would be fun but there are always a few bad eggs that have to see what furth consequences could be as I described earlier.

HartwickCBR's 08 Pearl Orange Build: Link
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I guess there's always a chance that a jackass is going to try and test his mettle against a cop on the track and take it out on the streets later on. Then again, jackasses are everywhere and I don't think much of them need any more of an encouragement to try and outrun the cops. Hell, most of them already have liter+ bikes.

I've hung out with a group of cops before both uniformed and not and once you have a chance to speak with them in a context outside of law you'll find that a lot of them don't take much joy in just handing out tickets. A decent chunk gets written out because the operator was being an ass.

So an event like what I suggested would allow ordinary folks to get on common ground with the cops without the fear of prosecution and just have a jolly ol' time. Few bad eggs are not a good enough excuse, to me anyway, to toss out the idea.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page