NFL Draft - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
NFL Draft

Any professional (american) football fans here?

The draft is tomorrow and just wondering what are everyones thought on who is going where. Big trades to move draft spots or big drops in draft rankings.

I'm an Eagles fan myself, GO BIRDS, but we will talk about that at a later time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 02:30 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I'll catch some of the beginning of the draft..otherwise it is just way too dull for me. I love football though, always an Eagles fan. Don't get me started on Tebow, I'm still trying to figure that one out. Fly Eagles, Fly.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 02:41 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Winston going 1st overall and Mariota going 2nd. Just not sure which team trades up to 2 to take him.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbeck For This Useful Post:
MLow1224 (04-29-2015)
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 02:43 PM
BOTM Winner 05/15

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
My Detroit Lions will f*ck it up somehow, that's a given...

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 03:00 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffitiRR08 View Post
I'll catch some of the beginning of the draft..otherwise it is just way too dull for me. I love football though, always an Eagles fan. Don't get me started on Tebow, I'm still trying to figure that one out. Fly Eagles, Fly.

I'm in the same boat man. Let go of Foles, extend Sanchez's contract, pick up Bradford, and then get Tebow. I am hoping this is all a giant joke.

I'm still a little upset over Trent Cole being released as he was one of my favorite players and I'm hoping they don't give up on Evan Mathis. Such a wild off season for sure.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6racr View Post

My Eagles already did. Although Suh is a great player at least you don't have to deal with the fines and bad PR that come with him anymore.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck View Post
Winston going 1st overall and Mariota going 2nd. Just not sure which team trades up to 2 to take him.
Maybe the Eagles will make a move for the #2 spot and let go of Bradford.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 09:53 PM
Knee Dragger

Kelly has already squashed that rumor early on after getting Bradford. They had an offer to trade up and they declined.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 10:10 PM
05/16 BOTM Winner / Pocketbike Racer

The Eagles had a weird off season so far. I think for the worse. Might be my blind hatred for them as I'm a Giants fan, but to let 75% of their offense go in free agency is nuts. I have mad respect for Chip, but this isnt the pac10, He may have bit off more than he can chew this time.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLow1224 View Post
I'm an Eagles fan myself, GO BIRDS
I'm sorry. Not that you're an Eagles fan, but that Chip completely gutted the team so far. I feel for Philly fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6racr View Post
Not any worse than the Browns... So you always have that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by graffitiRR08 View Post
Kelly has already squashed that rumor early on after getting Bradford. They had an offer to trade up and they declined.
If you believe that he was offered a trade immediately after acquiring Bradford, then you might as well believe that they are making a move to trade up for Mariota. Chip is not a Jedi Master yet, I don't buy he had a chance to unload Bradford for such a valuable draft pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teetopps View Post
The Eagles had a weird off season so far. I think for the worse. Might be my blind hatred for them as I'm a Giants fan
First, the Eagles indeed have had a weird off season. I also think for the worse. Once again, I feel for you Philly fans. I mean really, Tebow?? I think Tebow should have been willing to accept a position change a few years ago and become a RB or TE, cuz the dude has heart. I like him and his positive vibe, but he's got a noodle arm and busted mechanics. Have fun with the media circus that he attracts, the football paparazzi loves Tebow more than Hollywood paparazzi loves Justin Bieber.
Second, I understand that blind hatred, and for one team only. The Giants. Then again, I'm a Patriots fan..... So lot's of blind hatred to David Tyree and that amazing helmet catch that ended his career and towards droopy dog face Eli for that throw. As well as the throw to Manningham. And to Asante Samuel for missing the pick before the Tyree catch. Yes I've gotten over those loses.... No, I haven't. I hate Eli. How the hell is he the more successful Manning?

That said, I have no idea how the draft will play out. Mariota looks good, I would draft him over Winston's supposed better skills every day of the week, based on character and leadership alone. Thank the lord the Pats never have a high draft pick to waste on an unproven rookie just to overpay them straight out of the gate and bust the salary cap, especially when it comes to trying to re-sign them. I'd be surprised if we draft at 32, we all know Bill's penchant for trading down and turning that into a more value commodity. But now, we need defense, defense, and more defense since we ourselves had a weird off season and let our talent walk. Although, I never thought for a second that Revis would be staying. Browner made sense to let walk as well after losing the best cover corner across from him as we can't play man without such a strong piece. Back to the years of weak defense and letting teams absolutely torch us thru the air. Although, we got torched in the playoffs and it was by far our offense that bailed us out. God I love football. And the Patriots. And Tom Brady. I rue the day Brady and Belichick retire, back to mediocrity.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I will agree that the Eagles have had a TERRIBLE off season. Not only did our offense suffer but our defense got hit pretty hard as well. It will definitely be a very interesting night in Chicago.

Training camp is a WHOLE different story. With Tebow in camp and the speculation surrounding Bradfords health and the new draft picks, it is going to be a media frenzy. Good thing they did away with hardknocks because they probably want the Eagles on it this year. I will be attending 2 games this year and hopefully a brown paper bag won't be needed.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 11:49 AM
05/16 BOTM Winner / Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deck View Post
Yes I've gotten over those loses.... No, I haven't. I hate Eli. How the hell is he the more successful Manning?
. Thats hilarious.. oh well, goes to show its better to be lucky than good sometimes..i even have my "trade Eli moments" now and then, but it wont happen. He'll retire a Giant.
Bill Belichick is a genius, you guys got nothing to worry about up there. Kinda makes me wonder whats wrong with Shane Vereen, the Giants got him pretty easy, Bill must know something Coughlin/Reese dont..
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 12:53 PM
Knee Dragger

Bill just refuses to pay for skill positions. He'll pay the QB and the offensive line to protect the QB. Other than that, good luck getting him to pay a decent salary to a skill position like a WR or RB. He's got a proven track record of getting the most out of plugging pieces into the formula and getting results. (For the most part.) Awesome coach. Frugal decision maker.

I'll miss Vereen, he crushed it in the Superbowl. Great hands, solid blocker. Not much of a between the tackles runner, but excels in draws.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 12:55 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLow1224 View Post
Training camp is a WHOLE different story. With Tebow in camp and the speculation surrounding Bradfords health and the new draft picks, it is going to be a media frenzy.

Media wet dreams this off season. Between Tebow coming back to the NFL and Manziel, I won't be able to read ESPN until the season starts because of all the focus on those two.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 01:15 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Giants should have a really good season, Shane Vereen joining the likes of Victor Cruz and the freak that is OBJ. Soaring offense for sure. Should be fun when I go to the Linc to watch the Giants come to town.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Well. No Mariota for the Eagles, Winston to the Bucs as everyone suspected. We did manage to get a good looking receiver in the first round and I'm pretty excited for today and tomorrow. Anyone happy with their first round pic?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 10:28 PM
Knee Dragger

I'm not a huge college football guy so I can't pretend to know all these dudes, but all the analysts were saying that the Pats first round was a really good pick. Mel Kiper said that he thought it was the best pick of the first round. (Outside of his top 7 players, that all went in the top 7 picks.) And it helps fill the void that big Vince left in our D-Line. Verdict is not in, early response sounds positive so far.

I'm so skeptical of Winston. Dude with so many character flaws getting rewarded by being the 1st pick of the draft. I'd hate to put the fate of my franchise in the hands of someone that, skills aside, seems over matched at the moment. Hope he can get himself mentally healthy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page