Time to sell the RR? - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 12:02 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Time to sell the RR?

So I think I'm going to sell the RR! Why? I want something more comfy for the street and those longer rides. I've been thinking about this for the last couple of years but haven't been able to bring myself to do it until now. What's changed? Well my cousin told me last week that he's giving me his '97 GSXR 600! The plan is to either convert the GSXR to track-only or sell it for a dedicated track machine (maybe another RR?).

But the purpose of this thread is to help me decide on a replacement street machine. I'm seriously considering the Yamaha FZ-07 or a Triumph Thruxton. Leaning toward the former. What do you guys think? Anyone have or ridden either of these?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 01:25 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

The Thruxton is an absolute blast. Creamy power delivery and as predictable as a toddler's choice of food when picking between an ice cream sandwich or broccoli. That said, I wouldn't pay the raised price for the Thruxton since it's mechanically identical to the Bonneville and that would leave you with some cash to mod the Bonnie as you see fit if you're dead set on the cafe look. If I remember right, Triumph changed the Bonnie and the Thruxton from carbs to FI at some point later in the 2000s.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 01:42 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF4iK View Post
So I think I'm going to sell the RR! Why? I want something more comfy for the street and those longer rides. I've been thinking about this for the last couple of years but haven't been able to bring myself to do it until now. What's changed? Well my cousin told me last week that he's giving me his '97 GSXR 600! The plan is to either convert the GSXR to track-only or sell it for a dedicated track machine (maybe another RR?).

But the purpose of this thread is to help me decide on a replacement street machine. I'm seriously considering the Yamaha FZ-07 or a Triumph Thruxton. Leaning toward the former. What do you guys think? Anyone have or ridden either of these?

What are your requirements?

If you've enjoyed the 600 consider the fireblade. They make an excellent road bike.

For long distance, the busa is also surprisingly comfortable, if you fit it.

2007 Honda CBR600RR: Akrapovic slip-on, HEL braided lines, ASV shorties
2009 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol: Sato rear-sets, Taylormade slip-on, Pazzo Shorties
1996 Suzuki RGV 250 - Arrow pipes
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoha View Post
Creamy power delivery and as predictable as a toddler's choice of food when picking between an ice cream sandwich or broccoli. That said, I wouldn't pay the raised price for the Thruxton since it's mechanically identical to the Bonneville and that would leave you with some cash to mod the Bonnie as you see fit if you're dead set on the cafe look. If I remember right, Triumph changed the Bonnie and the Thruxton from carbs to FI at some point later in the 2000s.
LOL that's good to know. I've considered Bonnevilles too. Right now I have my eye on a competitively priced 2009 Thruxton which I believe has EFI. I also saw a 2013 Moto Guzzi V7 for the same price but at a dealer. Tempting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thro View Post
What are your requirements?

If you've enjoyed the 600 consider the fireblade. They make an excellent road bike.

For long distance, the busa is also surprisingly comfortable, if you fit it.
I would love a Fireblade. But my intention is to move to a naked bike with better ergos and tourability. Some day I might get one as either a track weapon or second street bike.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 04:01 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Do you have an MV dealer nearby? My Rivale sounds like it fits the bill. They do test rides.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2015, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Do you have an MV dealer nearby? My Rivale sounds like it fits the bill. They do test rides.
You know what, I hadn't even considered the Rivale but it's definitely a contender if the price is similar. Thanks for the suggestion X. There's at least one MV dealer I can think of that's reasonably close by. I don't see any private sales in the area unfortunately =(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page