Politically correct? - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Politically correct?

Screw that!

So it's wrong for a native American to look like a native American?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/06/02...eagle-feather/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 08:24 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Dude's name is Titman - I approve.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCue View Post
Dude's name is Titman - I approve.
Bonus!!!!!!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2015, 11:31 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Kid should just do it while sitting, waiting for his name to be called. Are they going to tackle him in front of the entire general public? This P/C stuff is ruining America, you know, the land of the ...FREE...? If a student wants to wear a feather, turbin, rosary, or a burqa, let them. It's their freedom of religion, the first amendment.

I read an article where a southern state high school student was asked not to fly an American flag bolted to the bed of his truck. First the school stated it could cause offense to someone, then stated that it was unsafe for driving purposes. Offense?! To fly this nation's flag? Thankfully the state police were asked if it was illegal or a hazard to do so, to which they stated it was perfectly legal. Then about 50 trucks showed up the next day to school with flags flying. The school stated they would take a revision to the policy "into consideration".

Can we start an epidemic, instead of the avian flu, we have the politician flu? Wipe them out, erase 1/2 of these ridiculous laws from the record, and start over with the original documents of freedom. Also, get the lawyers rounded up like the Japanese in WWII and send them to some island where they can litigate against themselves for the rest of eternity. Who knows, Australia turned out alright?
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 12:30 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
When I see sh!t like this, I always think what the f+ck are the politicians and leaders thinking? They generally try to tell us what to think and create laws to protect us from ourselves. What is the benefit of this kind of rule? Who gets offended by a symbol of the people who were here first? Bunch of bleeding heart dipsh!ts who think they know what's best for us, when really they don't know sh!t. I say good on you Tit man - wear your feather, and I hope you get to play with some tits at graduation.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 07:32 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomCue View Post
When I see sh!t like this, I always think what the f+ck are the politicians and leaders thinking? They generally try to tell us what to think and create laws to protect us from ourselves. What is the benefit of this kind of rule? Who gets offended by a symbol of the people who were here first? Bunch of bleeding heart dipsh!ts who think they know what's best for us, when really they don't know sh!t. I say good on you Tit man - wear your feather, and I hope you get to play with some tits at graduation.
537 elected officials most likely cannot fathom what's best for a nation with ~320m people...they're job is just to make you think they care.

1971 Volkswagen 1302 (02.19.2015 - )

For Sale:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...0rr-c-abs.html
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 08:41 AM
Knee Dragger

I doubt any of the leaders are honestly worried about this Native American wearing something that represents his roots. By all means Native Americans, more than anybody else in this country, should be able to express themselves. But what theyre really worried about are the OTHER students seeing this and then running with it.

"Well Tit Man can wear his eagle feather so why can't I wear my gang colors?!"

or

"Well Tit Man can wear his feather thing so why can't I paint my juggalo face and bring a Faygo with me?! ICP is my religion!"
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 173 View Post
By all means Native Americans, more than anybody else in this country, should be able to express themselves.
The level of truth in that statement is staggering.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 09:49 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 173 View Post
I doubt any of the leaders are honestly worried about this Native American wearing something that represents his roots. By all means Native Americans, more than anybody else in this country, should be able to express themselves. But what theyre really worried about are the OTHER students seeing this and then running with it.

"Well Tit Man can wear his eagle feather so why can't I wear my gang colors?!"

or

"Well Tit Man can wear his feather thing so why can't I paint my juggalo face and bring a Faygo with me?! ICP is my religion!"
Well then they'll have to file about 2400 countersuits against the IRS like scientology did when they started claiming no taxes lol

I wasn't trying to sound like a douche there, but the supreme court has added a clause to the first amendment identifying how time, place, and manner can affect how freely someone can speak lol.

For Sale:
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 10:43 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Kids in schools today are far too relaxed and allowed to run free. Sure it's good to be able to express individuality and learn to be creative but a school is not a place for that. Schools are for learning to be a high functioning member of society and not a place to explore or experiment. What happened to all the after school activities? And not necessarily school related either. You go to class, learn your sh!t, get out of school and be yourself.

I see too many people think of school facilities and staff as a playground and nannies that are supposed to cave in to student's and parent's demands. I remember reading a story a little ago about some girl who got reprimanded for wearing a dress that showed her back and the tattoo on it. She wrote a long and admittedly boring and irrelevant letter to her principal citing all her rights as an individual and how nobody should be able to judge her based on her attire, completely ignoring that she violated the dress code. That ticked me off in the same way this does.

Graduation is a simple ceremony that has no real impact on the outcome of anybody's life. The school district laid out a neutral attire, and the kid raises fuss over a feather. Sure it's a symbol of great accomplishment in his culture but forcing a school to play favorites is absurd.

*Flame suit on*
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2015, 12:57 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoha View Post
Kids in schools today are far too relaxed and allowed to run free. Sure it's good to be able to express individuality and learn to be creative but a school is not a place for that. Schools are for learning to be a high functioning member of society and not a place to explore or experiment. What happened to all the after school activities? And not necessarily school related either. You go to class, learn your sh!t, get out of school and be yourself.

I see too many people think of school facilities and staff as a playground and nannies that are supposed to cave in to student's and parent's demands. I remember reading a story a little ago about some girl who got reprimanded for wearing a dress that showed her back and the tattoo on it. She wrote a long and admittedly boring and irrelevant letter to her principal citing all her rights as an individual and how nobody should be able to judge her based on her attire, completely ignoring that she violated the dress code. That ticked me off in the same way this does.

Graduation is a simple ceremony that has no real impact on the outcome of anybody's life. The school district laid out a neutral attire, and the kid raises fuss over a feather. Sure it's a symbol of great accomplishment in his culture but forcing a school to play favorites is absurd.

*Flame suit on*
I agree with you roughly 95%...maybe if I wasn't asked to remove a religious necklace it'd be 100 and not 95%.

For Sale:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page