Does anyone here ride to the gym? - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 04:40 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Does anyone here ride to the gym?

Back when I had my FZ6R I would always ride to the gym. I packed all my gym clothes/equipment in somewhat of a large backpack. I just stuffed all of my motorcycle gear inside one of the gym lockers. I got used to this routine but was also somewhat of a pain in the ass. I haven't ridden to the gym since I bought my CBR but am kind of thinking about doing that same routine again. Another thing that bothered me was fatigue. Sometimes after a day of squats or deadlifts, I would feel somewhat lightheaded. That's one of the main reasons why I stopped riding to the gym all together.

Does anyone here ride their bike to the gym and have some kind of routine? Or do you guys just rock your gym clothes and squid it out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 05:37 AM
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
I was actually thinking of doing that tomorrow since I am planning on going early in the day, would be my first time, and am not sure if a good idea since I'm planning on doing a cycling class..... I do see some bikes in front on occasion....

YouTube Channel

----------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 11:34 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yo i used to ride to the gym all the time because i would go straight after work. Id bring all my gym stuff with me in my backpack (pretty large) to work. When i got to the gym i would change out of my gear and into my workout clothes, stuff my boots in my backpack, and fold up my pants and jacket and set that on the floor of the locker. and hang the backpack up on the hook. my helmet would be left at the front desk with my gloves in it. then i would change back into my gear when i was finished with my workout and leave. I never rode to the gym in just my workout gear.

Now i ride home before i go to the gym, chill out for a few then just drive my car to the gym.

Drift Camera Forum - http://driftcamforum.com/
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Yeah man I had almost the exact same routine lol. It's just so much easier to take your car instead. I mean you drive up, walk in the gym, and start working out.. As opposed to getting dressed, work out, and get dressed again after being all sweaty. One of the best things about riding in though is parking. During peak hours it's hard to find good parking. Well no problem on a bike!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 08:51 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I do this during the week pretty much the same way you do but before work in the morning. The gym I go to has shelves for members right at the front desk that I leave my helmet in. My gym clothes go in my assigned locker and there are day-use lockers that I store the rest of my gear in while I work out. It's a small place with regulars and I know the manager well so gear's never been a concern.

As for the light-headed issue . . .wait it out before riding again, maybe? I know the feeling after I increase weights - definitely not a good idea to be feeling like that while riding.

For transporting gym clothes/gear - I keep part of my stuff there (sneakers,shave kit, etc.) and just have clothes to take home and wash which fit in my hardshell with my work computer. I've been doing it this way for a while so I guess it's second nature, but if it's a pain or you feel unsafe then driving's probably better.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjreg1 View Post
I do this during the week pretty much the same way you do but before work in the morning. The gym I go to has shelves for members right at the front desk that I leave my helmet in. My gym clothes go in my assigned locker and there are day-use lockers that I store the rest of my gear in while I work out. It's a small place with regulars and I know the manager well so gear's never been a concern.

As for the light-headed issue . . .wait it out before riding again, maybe? I know the feeling after I increase weights - definitely not a good idea to be feeling like that while riding.

For transporting gym clothes/gear - I keep part of my stuff there (sneakers,shave kit, etc.) and just have clothes to take home and wash which fit in my hardshell with my work computer. I've been doing it this way for a while so I guess it's second nature, but if it's a pain or you feel unsafe then driving's probably better.
I didn't even think about that lol.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 03:00 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I hate riding back from the gym and avoid it tbh. I've only ever done it once but much prefer the car in this instance.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 10:53 AM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just take a little pre workout before the ride home. You'll be so hacked you won't feel light headed! Ha
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2015, 10:57 AM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Jacked... I auto correct got me..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page