HEY, ARIZONA GUYS! I want to move to Arizona and have questions. - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2015, 10:49 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
HEY, ARIZONA GUYS! I want to move to Arizona and have questions.

Well, I'm incredibly sick of NY state, it is one of the very worst places for someone like me to live. I'm trying to restart a new chapter in my life. There are many reasons, but for the sake of this post it's not that important. I've chosen Arizona over the years because it supports many things that I need in my life. I'm thinking I want to sell my bikes and buy something in Arizona when I end up there. Ever since I moved and started renting an apartment, I was able to really start tackling fun projects and stuff in just my little one car garage I rent for my motorcycles. The garage is like my "man cave", lots of tools, stands and nearly everything I need as a mechanic and hobbyist.

I can find a million apartments and small homes in AZ, but It's literally impossible to find a garage there? Everything is a carport. Question is, for those of you renting cheap apartments and stuff, How the hell do you guys work on your bikes and store them and stuff when it's raining hard or there is some sort of storm or something? No way am I going to leave a new bike I just bought out for someone to screw with it or have it left out in bad weather. Maybe some idiot runs into it with their car after the first week. I know some people say they'll take them into their apartment on the first floor setups, but what if management finds out or they tell you they don't want you doing that or some BS? Some small homes for rent have sheds that may work, but I don't trust renting through some random strangers individual property really. If you're in this situation what do you guys do? It's a major dead end for me I can't figure this out? Any good ideas? I've seen those little stupid tarps that fold over a motorcycle with the trellis supports inside the fabric and things, but honestly other than keeping maybe rain away they seem useless in security and space to work on in private etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 08:13 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cbr-rider View Post
How the hell do you guys work on your bikes and store them and stuff when it's raining hard or there is some sort of storm or something?
Most people don't work on their own bikes, or they go to a friends house with a garage. The raining thing is funny. Coming from Rochester I get it. In chili we had maybe 3 clear blue cloudless days a year? Out here we have maybe 3 cloudy rainy days a year.
Quote:
It's a major dead end for me I can't figure this out? Any good ideas?
Either rent an apartment with a garage [they are out there, you'll pay at least $800/month for a 1bdrm with 1 car garage] or rent a house. I guess you could always rent a storage unit down the road too if your really hard up for a spot. Leaving them in parking spaces is a bad idea, it'll get stolen sooner or later. Stay away from the west side, the east valley is where its at in phoenix.

We have lots of tracks and racing in the area. ASMA just finished its season in Demming NM [about 4hr drive] with a couple ex motoGP riders competing, we also have another series here in town thats finishing its last race in the next week or two. AMP, firebird, chuckwalla, indy and arroyo are all within 4hr drives. Evan Steel is down in Tuscon, we have a couple AMA riders with shops in town as well.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Knee Dragger

What part of the valley were you planning on moving to? I'm also looking for a new apartment somewhere in North Phoenix. A one bed with a detached garage runs around 850-1000 in a good and safe area.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 10:15 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Ive been wanting to move to phoenix area for a while actually my gf is visiting there for school right now. But damn thats cheap here in chicago area a 1bedroom with no garage in a good area is around 1100+ lol 2bdroom is 1200-1500 in a good complex but at 1500-1600 u can rent a townhouse or buy your own and pay less lmao

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2015, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

I've been paying around $750 ish for a one bedroom including a nice garage for about 4.5-5 years. Problem is I hate living in this state, it sucks. All these listings in phoenix stating they have garages when they're just carports is annoying. I'm aware of the road courses in the state, that's one reason I want to move there to add to the list. Frankly I couldn't care less about what the apartment is like, give me a garage and I'll make it work. I was thinking about a storage unit, but not sure how I'd use tools and stuff, they probably don't even have outlets or anything.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 12:03 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
Ive been wanting to move to phoenix area for a while actually my gf is visiting there for school right now. But damn thats cheap here in chicago area a 1bedroom with no garage in a good area is around 1100+ lol 2bdroom is 1200-1500 in a good complex but at 1500-1600 u can rent a townhouse or buy your own and pay less lmao
Yeah, like every state, there are parts that are more expensive apartments, town homes, and or houses but thats if you want to live in Scottsdale.

I believe the more south you go in Phoenix the cheaper it gets but isn't as nice or as safe IMO. I'm also not one one that likes to have a far drive/ride for work so North Phoenix is a good area for me.

Have you been out here during the summer time tho?! It gets pretty damn hot but at least you can ride all year long if you wanted
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 12:07 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cbr-rider View Post
I've been paying around $750 ish for a one bedroom including a nice garage for about 4.5-5 years. Problem is I hate living in this state, it sucks. All these listings in phoenix stating they have garages when they're just carports is annoying. I'm aware of the road courses in the state, that's one reason I want to move there to add to the list. Frankly I couldn't care less about what the apartment is like, give me a garage and I'll make it work. I was thinking about a storage unit, but not sure how I'd use tools and stuff, they probably don't even have outlets or anything.
Apartments.com usually it says covered and garage. Usually meaning garage would be detached and an extra monthly charge.

Where in Phoenix are you looking to stay at??

I myself looked at public storage but would hate the hassle of having to go there just to get my bike. Some are't 24 hour entry either.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 08:58 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdotv23 View Post
Yeah, like every state, there are parts that are more expensive apartments, town homes, and or houses but thats if you want to live in Scottsdale.

I believe the more south you go in Phoenix the cheaper it gets but isn't as nice or as safe IMO. I'm also not one one that likes to have a far drive/ride for work so North Phoenix is a good area for me.

Have you been out here during the summer time tho?! It gets pretty damn hot but at least you can ride all year long if you wanted
my gf is staying somewhere in scottsdale or close to it at the moment shes like yea theres gna be a bike night here tomorrow (tonight now) and im sitting over here in chicago in 41f weather. smh

so realistically in a good neighborhood how much would i have to pay to get a 2br apt with a garage or better of how much is a house 3-4 bedroom of course with a 2 car garage? (to buy)

also hows is the trucking market there? im a dispatcher here for a trucking company.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 10:48 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
The trucking market isnt bad here. There are alot of places to get into. As with most places it all depends on the area. Depending on where you are depends on what you pay. As far as houses are concerned you are better off renting a house over an Apt. I did that for 5+ years before making the plunge into home ownership. I have a 4bdrm 3.5 bath 2 car garage w/pool in chandler and i paid 240k with a payment of less 1400 a month.

2007 600RR (Isadora)
The KATZ MC Arizona Chapter
The Following User Says Thank You to Cereal_Killer For This Useful Post:
Seksas (11-19-2015)
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 11:24 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer View Post
The trucking market isnt bad here. There are alot of places to get into. As with most places it all depends on the area. Depending on where you are depends on what you pay. As far as houses are concerned you are better off renting a house over an Apt. I did that for 5+ years before making the plunge into home ownership. I have a 4bdrm 3.5 bath 2 car garage w/pool in chandler and i paid 240k with a payment of less 1400 a month.

see if i move i want to rent for a year to get to know the area and then buy a house, $200k-$300k ive been talking to my boss to open another location there so that would be perfect. it will also depend where my gf gets in to school.

a lil off topic do you guys snowboard and how far is the closest place?? where i rent now our place has a lil tiny ski resort in the winter nothing big but enough to have fun and all i gotta do is jump out the balcony lol so im a seasonal person when i put the bike away i get my boards out lol

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 11:26 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
by the way 03cbr-rider, sry to jack your thread hopefully my questions help you out a lil too since we both have similar weather and interests

The Following User Says Thank You to Seksas For This Useful Post:
03cbr-rider (11-19-2015)
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 11:35 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdotv23 View Post
Apartments.com usually it says covered and garage. Usually meaning garage would be detached and an extra monthly charge.

Where in Phoenix are you looking to stay at??

I myself looked at public storage but would hate the hassle of having to go there just to get my bike. Some are't 24 hour entry either.
I don't care much, maybe a central location. Not super far away from hospitals, near restaurants that I can walk to. I want to do be able to walk around places. Eventually do that off road vehicle course thing so I can ride trails, and do track days. I can get a really good perception of what these apartments/townhomes look like through the windows maps and google earth street view. I can see in between buildings and stuff and what the areas look like. I've been looking at a lot of the rent to own properties, but that's over my head right now. I don't really want to manage property and be set to one location yet.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2015, 12:01 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Like mentioned above the garages in apartments are usually detached and extra cost around $100/month. I can think of at least 5 locations in the east valley that have them off the top of my head so it isn't horrible. Its all carports because everyone has cars for the a/c and the weather is great all the time. Maybe buy a small enclosed trailer to chain to the carport post and keep tools and generator in for working on stuff?

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
The Following User Says Thank You to bored&stroked For This Useful Post:
03cbr-rider (11-19-2015)
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-20-2015, 11:53 AM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
Like mentioned above the garages in apartments are usually detached and extra cost around $100/month. I can think of at least 5 locations in the east valley that have them off the top of my head so it isn't horrible. Its all carports because everyone has cars for the a/c and the weather is great all the time. Maybe buy a small enclosed trailer to chain to the carport post and keep tools and generator in for working on stuff?
good idea with the trailer but just remember to ask the complex manager or something if its legal for you to do so. They might give you a hard time cuz they like to keep the complex looking the way its supposed to
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-21-2015, 05:38 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Down here in tucson theres quite a few townhouses that have attached garages. Actually looking into a 3 bdrm 2 bath 2 story for $775/mo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page