AZ People - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 11:13 AM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
AZ People

Hey long story short due to events in life and future goals i might have to move to az by the end of the year.. with that said i have a few questions for the ppl that live there..

how is Glendale? looking for a safer nicer area there or very close to it? i know Scottsdale is the place to live if the money allows you to lol.. are there any close tracks or dirt bike trails? where do ppl go for snowboarding? hows the night life or activities any beaches or will i have to get used to pools?

here in Chicago im kinda spoiled with having everything somewhat close.. 3 tracks withing 3-4 hrs a couple of dirt tracks/trails.. i have like 4 resorts for snowboarding within 3 hrs. night life..well its chicago lol

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 01:35 PM
Training Wheel Hero
 
Cereal_Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chandler Arizona
Posts: 48
Images: 1
Thanks: 2
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Glendale is decent. But with any place it depends on area. You have bad places and good places. No beaches here at all,, closest you'll get to that is the Salt River or traveling north to Havasu. As far as Snowboarding you have Sunrise -4hrs and Snow Bowl-3hr drive (and i believe there is a place in Tucson, but cant pinpoint for sure. There are 2 tracks i know of that handle racing AMP out west (which would be near you) and Fire-bird (on the east side). Night life is decent till about 2 am then everything closes down. Back when i was in Chicago i remember partying till 5 in the morning, and as far as I'm aware there aren't any spots that stay open after 2.

2007 600RR (Isadora)
The KATZ MC Arizona Chapter
Cereal_Killer is offline  
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cereal_Killer View Post
Glendale is decent. But with any place it depends on area. You have bad places and good places. No beaches here at all,, closest you'll get to that is the Salt River or traveling north to Havasu. As far as Snowboarding you have Sunrise -4hrs and Snow Bowl-3hr drive (and i believe there is a place in Tucson, but cant pinpoint for sure. There are 2 tracks i know of that handle racing AMP out west (which would be near you) and Fire-bird (on the east side). Night life is decent till about 2 am then everything closes down. Back when i was in Chicago i remember partying till 5 in the morning, and as far as I'm aware there aren't any spots that stay open after 2.
damn thats not convincing to move at all lmao jk.
wait you moved from il to az? was it hard to get used to it? i mean im into motocross, mountain biking, guns, gym and everything im sure ill find something to do just a lil worried that ill be bored out of my mind in the beginning till i figure whats where. the only ppl that i know/talk to in az is basically u guys on the forum so it would be completely new to me . as for night life yea chicago doesnt stop lol when the clubs close down afterhours open up from 5am to about 11am i used to promote for some clubs back in the day.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 03:26 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phx
Posts: 966
Thanks: 10
Thanked 199 Times in 174 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well he's lying about the beaches, Bartlett lake in scottsdale has them. So does tempe town lake [just a damed up and re-filled section of empty river, but its water! lol]. But yeah you need to get used to pools or buy jetskis/boat. 2 tracks local as well as 3 more within 4hr drive including chuckwalla which is awesome. We also have [had? I don't ride it or know any dirt people] 1 motocross track out on the way to queen creek area.

As far as living areas, glendale is crap. Really, the entire west valley is crap. Mesa changes mile to mile from little mexico to mormon upper middle class fortress, its weird. Tempe/Chandler/Gilbert/scottsdale is where its at for fine livin. Everything closes at 2 because its illegal to sell alcohol after then.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
bored&stroked is offline  
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
Well he's lying about the beaches, Bartlett lake in scottsdale has them. So does tempe town lake [just a damed up and re-filled section of empty river, but its water! lol]. But yeah you need to get used to pools or buy jetskis/boat. 2 tracks local as well as 3 more within 4hr drive including chuckwalla which is awesome. We also have [had? I don't ride it or know any dirt people] 1 motocross track out on the way to queen creek area.

As far as living areas, glendale is crap. Really, the entire west valley is crap. Mesa changes mile to mile from little mexico to mormon upper middle class fortress, its weird. Tempe/Chandler/Gilbert/scottsdale is where its at for fine livin. Everything closes at 2 because its illegal to sell alcohol after then.
ok that sounds a lil better, well i said glendale because thats where my girls school would be at so trying to live a lil closer to that idk how traffic is there so i dont wanna move somewhere where she will have to sit in traffic for an hr or so.

now lets say tempe/chandler/ gilbert or scottsdale at that matter how are the prices for town homes? obviously id wanna rent the first year or two to see where i like it the best, i might even take a flight to look over the areas to see where to settle.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 09:31 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
TBR33ZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 64
Thanked 87 Times in 85 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bro traffic is HORRIBLE 😂😂 used to take me an hour to drive 20 miles coming home from work when i lived up there. Id say its safe to expect to pay between $1000-$1500 for a nice townhouse. Down here in tucson its obviously alot cheaper but nowhere near the size of there. Also u cam snowboard down here at mt lemmon during ski season
TBR33ZY is offline  
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-28-2016, 11:15 PM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBR33ZY View Post
Bro traffic is HORRIBLE 😂😂 used to take me an hour to drive 20 miles coming home from work when i lived up there. Id say its safe to expect to pay between $1000-$1500 for a nice townhouse. Down here in tucson its obviously alot cheaper but nowhere near the size of there. Also u cam snowboard down here at mt lemmon during ski season
Thats not bad for the price. I pay 1k for a 1bedroom here in chicago suburbs. But i do have a snowboard resort as my backyard in the winter lol. Wait are u serious about the traffic!?!?

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 05:11 AM
Super Moderator
 
OzMoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Townsville, Australia
Posts: 1,943
Thanks: 55
Thanked 283 Times in 245 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
Thats not bad for the price. I pay 1k for a 1bedroom here in chicago suburbs. But i do have a snowboard resort as my backyard in the winter lol. Wait are u serious about the traffic!?!?
I'm not moving to the US ever. I pay $365/wk for a 5br house with a huuuge yard (have a caravan in the backyard). 5min drive to the beach, pub is at the beach, and has a pool for the kids to swim. :)

Ride carefully - You are invisible.
FB | YT

I'd rather be next to a rider that can maintain a controlled wheelie than a muppet on their phone.

Current: 2012 Street Triple R
Sold: 2001 NSR150SP | 2012 CBR250R
RIP: 2003 CBR600RR

DIY:
OzMoto is offline  
post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 06:51 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
TBR33ZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 64
Thanked 87 Times in 85 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
Thats not bad for the price. I pay 1k for a 1bedroom here in chicago suburbs. But i do have a snowboard resort as my backyard in the winter lol. Wait are u serious about the traffic!?!?

Must be nice to make that kind of $$ lol n ya Dead serious about the traffic. They have **** loads of highways too so be careful when u 1st move out there. VERY easy to get lost n end up on the other side of town 😂😂
TBR33ZY is offline  
post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBR33ZY View Post
Must be nice to make that kind of $$ lol n ya Dead serious about the traffic. They have **** loads of highways too so be careful when u 1st move out there. VERY easy to get lost n end up on the other side of town 😂😂
Haha thats considered i got lucky and got it cheap. Living here is pricey if u want to be in a good area a 2 bedroom is gna run you 1400 a town hime about 2k.. not too worried about the highways, im a dispatcher so i look at the map about 10hours a day.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzman View Post
I'm not moving to the US ever. I pay $365/wk for a 5br house with a huuuge yard (have a caravan in the backyard). 5min drive to the beach, pub is at the beach, and has a pool for the kids to swim. :)
Here in US the money is a lil dif where ppl make about 1000 a month in Europe in US you make a 1000 a week. That also depends on where u live. I came here from Europe when i was a kid.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 02:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phx
Posts: 966
Thanks: 10
Thanked 199 Times in 174 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I pay $1050/month for a 2bdrm, 2 bath, 2car garage house and thats a little high IMO. A townhouse/condo should be about the same but only 1 car garage at best. Traffic is indeed killer, on a bike its not bad but in a car I'd shoot myself being stuck in it for an hour each way every day. Been there done that never again.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
bored&stroked is offline  
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator
 
OzMoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Townsville, Australia
Posts: 1,943
Thanks: 55
Thanked 283 Times in 245 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
Here in US the money is a lil dif where ppl make about 1000 a month in Europe in US you make a 1000 a week. That also depends on where u live. I came here from Europe when i was a kid.
I make between $700-$1000/wk depending on the hours I work. However with conversion that's only around $500-700/wk US I think.

Ride carefully - You are invisible.
FB | YT

I'd rather be next to a rider that can maintain a controlled wheelie than a muppet on their phone.

Current: 2012 Street Triple R
Sold: 2001 NSR150SP | 2012 CBR250R
RIP: 2003 CBR600RR

DIY:
OzMoto is offline  
post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-29-2016, 05:29 PM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzman View Post
I make between $700-$1000/wk depending on the hours I work. However with conversion that's only around $500-700/wk US I think.
i just realized youre in Australia

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 10:49 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
TBR33ZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 64
Thanked 87 Times in 85 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So what kinda work u coming down here to do?
TBR33ZY is offline  
post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBR33ZY View Post
So what kinda work u coming down here to do?
im in the trucking business (supervisor/dispatcher) but the move wouldnt be for that.. my girl got into school over there and well ive been wanting to try west coast for a while now so life threw us on opportunity to try something new..

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
I pay $1050/month for a 2bdrm, 2 bath, 2car garage house and thats a little high IMO. A townhouse/condo should be about the same but only 1 car garage at best. Traffic is indeed killer, on a bike its not bad but in a car I'd shoot myself being stuck in it for an hour each way every day. Been there done that never again.
where do you live if you dont mind me asking? 1000-1100 that would be perfect.. my main concern is having a garage. here my toys are in the company warehouse but if i move theyre coming with me, so i NEED at least 1 car garage.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 12:21 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
03cbr-rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 5,702
Thanks: 213
Thanked 605 Times in 479 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't live there yet, but I'm planning to move there too, just haven't found the right place yet and need to get my sh!t together. There are dirt bike trails north of phoenix and in other places online you can find listed trails to ride, but you'll need an off road vehicle permit thingy and or register your street legal bike to be able to run off road I believe (can't remember specifics). There are two road courses that're under 45 mins to get to from the central phoenix area as already described, and a go kart track that I believe guys are still running super motos north of phoenix as well. There are some excellent mountain bike trails on south mountain stretching for miles. Snowboarding can also be done in flagstaff. From the looks of it, I'd have very little desire to have a sport bike for the street there, any local street riding is going to really suck because of the immense grid pattern. Housing is not terribly different cost wise from NY state. Az is a bit cheaper, and it's because the availability is huge. Carports are the norm in AZ, if you want a garage, you end up spending much much much more for a little one car garage. That is my only complaint, because I'd be moving without a garage and a place to do maintenance or work on small projects. I don't feel comfortable buying any property right away either. If you enjoy firearm ownership and shooting, then it too, is an excellent area to live in without stupid restrictions that we have to deal with.
03cbr-rider is offline  
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cbr-rider View Post
I don't live there yet, but I'm planning to move there too, just haven't found the right place yet and need to get my sh!t together. There are dirt bike trails north of phoenix and in other places online you can find listed trails to ride, but you'll need an off road vehicle permit thingy and or register your street legal bike to be able to run off road I believe (can't remember specifics). There are two road courses that're under 45 mins to get to from the central phoenix area as already described, and a go kart track that I believe guys are still running super motos north of phoenix as well. There are some excellent mountain bike trails on south mountain stretching for miles. Snowboarding can also be done in flagstaff. From the looks of it, I'd have very little desire to have a sport bike for the street there, any local street riding is going to really suck because of the immense grid pattern. Housing is not terribly different cost wise from NY state. Az is a bit cheaper, and it's because the availability is huge. Carports are the norm in AZ, if you want a garage, you end up spending much much much more for a little one car garage. That is my only complaint, because I'd be moving without a garage and a place to do maintenance or work on small projects. I don't feel comfortable buying any property right away either. If you enjoy firearm ownership and shooting, then it too, is an excellent area to live in without stupid restrictions that we have to deal with.
I think i commented on your thread a while back too about the moving sotuation but now that its getting closer i wanted to get down to business and start doing research.. as for dirt bike here in midwest theres no titles so i would be able to register it over there. Im selling my street bike this spring so im track only but with two street not legal bike i will need a garage. When are u planning to move?

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Seksas For This Useful Post:
03cbr-rider (02-01-2016)
post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 06:37 PM
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 231
Thanks: 53
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
My girl and I recently moved in together in a one bedroom apt with a detached garage in north phoenix. Right by where the 101 and 17 freeway meet. Rent is $760 plus $100 for the garage.

They gave us a "home town heroes" discount for working at Mayo Clinic, my girl is a Nurse and I'm a CNA which gave us 5% off. But without it, the regular rate is at $801 plus $100 for the garage.

A lot of times, you just have to get lucky and move at the perfect time. Depends on how long the unit has been up to get leased. Usually, you get the best rates when you lease a unit that just became available. I kept checking the price online for 2 weeks straight and all of a sudden a new unit popped up and was the cheapest out of all the 1 bedrooms.

Also, call around and ask for "look and lease specials." Pretty self explanatory. When we were calling places, most of their specials were for 2 bedroom units.
kdotv23 is offline  
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 10:36 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
TBR33ZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Tucson, Az
Posts: 1,105
Thanks: 64
Thanked 87 Times in 85 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
im in the trucking business (supervisor/dispatcher) but the move wouldnt be for that.. my girl got into school over there and well ive been wanting to try west coast for a while now so life threw us on opportunity to try something new..

Howd u get into management?? Been in the driving/delivery industry over 10 yrs n seems like theres noway to move up. Sucks
TBR33ZY is offline  
post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 12:48 AM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdotv23 View Post
My girl and I recently moved in together in a one bedroom apt with a detached garage in north phoenix. Right by where the 101 and 17 freeway meet. Rent is $760 plus $100 for the garage.

They gave us a "home town heroes" discount for working at Mayo Clinic, my girl is a Nurse and I'm a CNA which gave us 5% off. But without it, the regular rate is at $801 plus $100 for the garage.

A lot of times, you just have to get lucky and move at the perfect time. Depends on how long the unit has been up to get leased. Usually, you get the best rates when you lease a unit that just became available. I kept checking the price online for 2 weeks straight and all of a sudden a new unit popped up and was the cheapest out of all the 1 bedrooms.

Also, call around and ask for "look and lease specials." Pretty self explanatory. When we were calling places, most of their specials were for 2 bedroom units.
I just replied to your pm and saw your detached garage comment.. def a good option thank you. How do you like it? It says everything is included in the rent?





Quote:
Originally Posted by TBR33ZY View Post
Howd u get into management?? Been in the driving/delivery industry over 10 yrs n seems like theres noway to move up. Sucks
I was never a driver i started as a dispatcher and sorta moved up. Ive been with the company for a long time too.

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 12:39 AM
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 231
Thanks: 53
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
I just replied to your pm and saw your detached garage comment.. def a good option thank you. How do you like it? It says everything is included in the rent?
Good place, quiet and location is great. Close to freeways 101, 17 and the 51. Its a newer apartment so everything is updated which you probably saw on the website. My specific unit is louder than most cuz I'm on the third floor and the freeway is literally right outside but it doesn't bother us when all the doors and windows are closed. Even when they're open, the noise doesn't bother us. I kinda like it actually.

We pay for water, trash, sewer, and pest control which is usually around $30 and was required to get renters insurance which is $15/month.

If you decide you like the place, just make sure theirs an available garage to rent out.

My priority when looking for a place was to make sure I can have a garage and the area to be safe.
kdotv23 is offline  
post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 02:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phx
Posts: 966
Thanks: 10
Thanked 199 Times in 174 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I'd seriously hate life living at the I17 and 101 merge area, and not because of the noise. Just goes to show different strokes for different folks.
Seksas- I live in mesa around Baseline and Gilbert roads. Everything in phoenix is defined by what cross streets you are closest to. Something to consider: when we were moving from Rochester to AZ nobody but my dad wanted to go. He had to promise a present to everyone. Little bro wanted godzilla toys. Mom wanted a dodge intrepid [back in 96 they were hot!] I wanted a dirtbike. Got to AZ and realized its all plain, flat, boring, hard dirt out here and said screw dirtbikes, got fixed wing pilot lessons instead. I still have zero interest in riding dirt bikes out here. Maybe in the dunes in CA but not here in AZ.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
bored&stroked is offline  
post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 02:37 PM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
I'd seriously hate life living at the I17 and 101 merge area, and not because of the noise. Just goes to show different strokes for different folks.
Seksas- I live in mesa around Baseline and Gilbert roads. Everything in phoenix is defined by what cross streets you are closest to. Something to consider: when we were moving from Rochester to AZ nobody but my dad wanted to go. He had to promise a present to everyone. Little bro wanted godzilla toys. Mom wanted a dodge intrepid [back in 96 they were hot!] I wanted a dirtbike. Got to AZ and realized its all plain, flat, boring, hard dirt out here and said screw dirtbikes, got fixed wing pilot lessons instead. I still have zero interest in riding dirt bikes out here. Maybe in the dunes in CA but not here in AZ.
well u stayed there so im assuming you got used it? how do you like it now?im not the biggest fan of downtown but i dont wann abe too far from it. like right now i live about 30mins away from it

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 04:09 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phx
Posts: 966
Thanks: 10
Thanked 199 Times in 174 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
well u stayed there so im assuming you got used it? how do you like it now?
Im confused. Stayed where? The I17/101 merge area? Nope never lived there as its not a pleasant area IMO. Stayed in arizona? Yeah, I like it now. I ride tracks in the winter at 4 different race parks and ride stand up jetskis all summer at 4 different lakes including one where you can back up to the beach and chill all day. In between all that I can go shooting almost anywhere I want and can go grocery shopping with an AK47 if I feel the need. I love this state.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
bored&stroked is offline  
post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-01-2016, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
Im confused. Stayed where? The I17/101 merge area? Nope never lived there as its not a pleasant area IMO. Stayed in arizona? Yeah, I like it now. I ride tracks in the winter at 4 different race parks and ride stand up jetskis all summer at 4 different lakes including one where you can back up to the beach and chill all day. In between all that I can go shooting almost anywhere I want and can go grocery shopping with an AK47 if I feel the need. I love this state.
yea sry i ment stayed in az. the more im talking with you guys here the more i wanna give it a try. tracks/beaches and guns and from what im reading there a snowboard place not too far.. cant ask for more lol worst case i can live there for a couple of years and come back, but from everyone i talked to so far no one has came back lol

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 01:51 PM
Moto GP Racer
 
03cbr-rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Upstate, NY
Posts: 5,702
Thanks: 213
Thanked 605 Times in 479 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
I'd seriously hate life living at the I17 and 101 merge area, and not because of the noise. Just goes to show different strokes for different folks.
Seksas- I live in mesa around Baseline and Gilbert roads. Everything in phoenix is defined by what cross streets you are closest to. Something to consider: when we were moving from Rochester to AZ nobody but my dad wanted to go. He had to promise a present to everyone. Little bro wanted godzilla toys. Mom wanted a dodge intrepid [back in 96 they were hot!] I wanted a dirtbike. Got to AZ and realized its all plain, flat, boring, hard dirt out here and said screw dirtbikes, got fixed wing pilot lessons instead. I still have zero interest in riding dirt bikes out here. Maybe in the dunes in CA but not here in AZ.
It's funny how that works because while there is pleasant terrain on much of the east coast, it snows hard and gets really cold for 4-6 months and there isn't a single place to legally ride in all of Rochester NY as far as off roading. When you say flat in AZ, I'm assuming you're referring to the city and the flat land mass that it was developed on, and not the mountainous terrain that surrounds and boarders many areas of development along with the parks etc. You can never get everything you want in life, but some places make for happier life styles and living conditions in comparison to others for sure. For me, I don't care about winter sports anymore, I want a light dual sport dirt bike for city transportation, that I can ride year round, I want to be able to go hiking and visit small and large parks, go out to eat often, get lots of sun, shoot and own unrestricted firearms like I once have, be less dependent on other people, enjoy life..... everything that I can't do right now.

Oh yeah, and palm trees are [email protected] awesome!
03cbr-rider is offline  
post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
BOTY 2014 Winner
 
Seksas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Glendale, AZ
Posts: 2,709
Thanks: 162
Thanked 228 Times in 205 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 32 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cbr-rider View Post

Oh yeah, and palm trees are [email protected] awesome!
honestly this right here is what i neeed. .lol something about palms makes me feel like im on a vaca

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog. Mark Twain
https://www.600rr.net/vb/176-rr-other-brands-bike-build/527578-seksas-track-build.html
04 CBR600rr Track bike partout : https://www.600rr.net/vb/106-03-06-rr-parts/581209-03-04-track-bike-part-out-pcv-yoyodyne-so.html
Seksas is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Seksas For This Useful Post:
03cbr-rider (02-02-2016)
post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 03:43 PM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Phx
Posts: 966
Thanks: 10
Thanked 199 Times in 174 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seksas View Post
honestly this right here is what i neeed. .lol something about palms makes me feel like im on a vaca
Until a f'in scorpion drops out of one and in your face.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
bored&stroked is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome