Death - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2016, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Death

"lol Your gonna kill yourself on that thing!"
Thats what family and friends say when they see my rr. But my father in law just passed away today at 84 years old, after almost 3 years of UGLINESS most of you dont know anything about... We took care of him through it all. Point?
You dont Want to live forever...trust me...better to die in a flaming mass of molten plastic, aluminum and gasoline then to waste away from dementia, monstrous bed sores and malnutrition, ect.. Half the time covered/laying in your excrement's. When the body really starts to waste away...you dont want to be in it. Ride On
The Following User Says Thank You to Caldura For This Useful Post:
IowaRR (06-02-2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 04:21 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
May your father in Law RIP i am sure he is in a better place in a lot better circumstances we all gonna go at some point such choice ain't ours

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-03-2016, 04:36 AM
Premium Member

Garage
Sorry about your loss, watching your loved ones fade away slowly is one of the most painfull things to live.

Been there

Honda CBR600RR 2003 - Gone! (the blond)

Honda CBR600RR 2007 - On the road! (the brunette)
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 02:25 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Life is about the ride not about the distance traveled. May he rest in peace. But to those who tell you you're going to kill yourself riding tell them it's about the stories you make. Who cares how long you've lived if you're going to live it with regret from the fear of dying, refusal to take risks.

2A7X3. Aircraft Structural Maintenance.

Any corrosion (Paint, priming, identification, etc) or Fabrication (Sheetmetal, Fiberglass, Tubing, etc)
questions, go ahead and ask and I'll do the best to respond to the best of my knowledge.

Current : '08 CBR1000RR 20160213
Wrecked: '05 CBR600RR 20151221 RIP

Crashes: 2 minor low speed lowsides, 1 50MPH impact.
Injuries: 0 Broken bones, possible tear in shoulder.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 12:24 PM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I feel your pain bro. I watched my own father pass away from dementia in 2014. I'm now seeing the same signs in my Mom. It's a terrible way to go and most people have no idea the effects that it has on the family members that have to deal with this disease. Arguing with you because they think they can still drive and should have their keys. Hallucinating seeing "worms". Peeing in the corner in the middle of the night thinking they're in the bathroom. But even when you experience all of that it's still no excuse to go head long into danger and take unnecessary risks. You can still live a long and happy life without doing a triple digits on the streets. I think your family might be worried that they're going to loose another family member so soon. As long as you demonstrate to them that you're not on some reckless mission of death they should calm down shortly and hopefully stop giving you so much grief over the bike. There's no guarantee though. Especially if your Mom's a worry wort like mine. She's been worried about me on bikes for the past 40 years. I don't see that changing.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 03:21 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by YG27 View Post
Life is about the ride not about the distance traveled. May he rest in peace. But to those who tell you you're going to kill yourself riding tell them it's about the stories you make. Who cares how long you've lived if you're going to live it with regret from the fear of dying, refusal to take risks.
Very well said bro. Life is about making amazing experiences, while you can.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Exactly my sentiments. He was, and most of my friends/family are super hesitant, reluctant, and quite frankly boring. Ive tried to get all of them to get scuba certified, so we could go diving together, or even try it out. "NO WAY"! Skydiving? NO F' ing way!.... ahhhh how about a low priced cruiser or touring bike....? NO WAY! Uh huh well one day when your too old to really live you'll regret waisting your life away witha t.v. remote in your hand. I guess its just the differences in people and im just a prick. lol

Last edited by Caldura; 06-04-2016 at 06:01 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2016, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Na no ones panicked im on a death wish. Its the look of the bike that spooks them more than anything. And I certainly do not condone reckless behavior, but fun exciting activities yes. But your right on about dealing with those with dementia/Alzheimer's .

And thanks for the condolences... he was a pretty cool guy til things with south. Such is life.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 05:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I ride motorcycles, stand up jetskis, have guns, drive much too fast according to the law, high HP trucks, skydiving, paintballing, everything. My family stopped with the warning sillyness long ago.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 05:53 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Flip side to OP's point - I had an uncle commit suicide last year due to constant, unbearable pain from years of MX racing. Motorcycles and living life for the experiences is exactly what caused his end of life suffering.

For me (prior to and uncle aside), everyone in my life was quite happy when I made my decision to keep my riding confined to race tracks. Now that I have been off the track for almost a year (big crash last year plus bought a house) and I'm getting antsy to be back on two wheels - I'm having my own words used against me when I talk about street riding...Bottom line I guess is that people love us and care about us and also know that many of us are likely wired a little different and that is scary to them. Only my very closest family members understand when I tell them 90 mph with my knee on the ground is my zen, my yoga, my prayer, my meditation. The rest of the world doesn't exist outside of that moment.

We all only get one shot and have to live with our choices. You don't get time back that you have wasted, but you can also throw away a lot of your time. Do you is the best answer I've come up with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page