Teenager goes into coma after being tasered - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 08:10 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Teenager goes into coma after being tasered

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Should have just shot him then.

What's your point?
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 11:06 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Really?

A death sentence for being a teenager?

For not wanting to be bullied by some thug?

Maybe you should be shot for being two inches too short to be a man.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 02:09 AM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Cop drop him on his face? Take it thats what the blurred out sides are for? Reckless PO should do jail time.. no need to drop the kid after he had complete control..

2007 Cbr600rr Black

[SIZE=1]Tripage IT and Plate Bracket, TST Turn Signals, GB Case Covers, Captive Rear Spacers, Driven 520 -1 +2 steel sprocket kit, Spiegler Steel Brake Lines, Front Fork Revalve, Stomp Grips, Speedodrd, Dunlop Q3's, HRC Rear Brake Res, Woocraft Frame sliders, Shorty levers, 90 Degree Valve Stems, EK 520 Black/Gold Chain, Tekarbon Chain Guard, Engine Swap, Brembo RCS, Evotech Front Brake Res, SBS Sintered Race pads, Healtech Quick Shifter, Vortex Rearsets, and Trackdays!
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mran556 View Post
Cop drop him on his face? Take it thats what the blurred out sides are for? Reckless PO should do jail time.. no need to drop the kid after he had complete control..
The officer got 4 years in jail after pleading guilty to excessive force by dropping the teen's face on the curb. Although what got the teen into a coma is the officer stunning the teen for 23 seconds while commanding the teen to get out of the car. With his voluntary muscles already filled with the majority of his blood, he went into cardiac arrest, then later into a coma.

The teen's father is also a police officer.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Knee Dragger

yea this was on fb a few days ago, he didnt have blood flow to his brain for 6-8 minutes and he has trouble remembering simple things etc

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 11:40 AM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polishblood View Post
The officer got 4 years in jail after pleading guilty to excessive force by dropping the teen's face on the curb. Although what got the teen into a coma is the officer stunning the teen for 23 seconds while commanding the teen to get out of the car. With his voluntary muscles already filled with the majority of his blood, he went into cardiac arrest, then later into a coma.

The teen's father is also a police officer.
to bad cop sould have got sentenced to way more time. I feel bad for that kid

2007 Cbr600rr Black

[SIZE=1]Tripage IT and Plate Bracket, TST Turn Signals, GB Case Covers, Captive Rear Spacers, Driven 520 -1 +2 steel sprocket kit, Spiegler Steel Brake Lines, Front Fork Revalve, Stomp Grips, Speedodrd, Dunlop Q3's, HRC Rear Brake Res, Woocraft Frame sliders, Shorty levers, 90 Degree Valve Stems, EK 520 Black/Gold Chain, Tekarbon Chain Guard, Engine Swap, Brembo RCS, Evotech Front Brake Res, SBS Sintered Race pads, Healtech Quick Shifter, Vortex Rearsets, and Trackdays!
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 02:38 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Cop was wrong for dropping him on his head, but as in most cases, it should not have gone this far and probably wouldn't have if the kid just did what he was told...I would imagine their job is hard enough...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 06:26 PM
Knee Dragger

Polishblood, that's a very accurate and concise description of the situation.

I should add that 4 years was recommeded by the prosecutor as part of a plea agreement.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 08:35 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,045 Times in 851 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
american cops are cowards, bottom line

look at police in the rest of the world, they aren't tasing children
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 11:37 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Terrifying.

2014 Chevrolet Express 2500
2015 Honda Rebel
2016 Toyota Prius C
2016 Lexus GX 460
2017 Honda CBR600RR
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
american cops are cowards, bottom line

look at police in the rest of the world, they aren't tasing children
I try to look at everyone as an individual no matter what party one belongs to. Unfortunately, whether intentionally or unintentionally, I believe we learn things by grouping and associating. This leads to putting people of better quality, within the same party, on par with the same people of lesser quality.

I remember when I was in Poland or in Germany, the general attitude toward the police wasn't much different.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 07:14 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post

What's your point?
you're a piece of sht, surprised you're not a cop

The Following User Says Thank You to bikelife38 For This Useful Post:
kmiller0401 (06-13-2016)
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 09:30 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post

What's your point?
Dude you really are a piece of sh!t.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 12:05 AM
Maynard

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Since we are on a bike forum I feel that a stronger proportion of us take less of a liking to police. However that cop let his frustration get the best of him when he shouldn't have. The kid should've just listened and it minimizes things like this happening.

What'd he pull the kid over for anyway?

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 12:06 AM
Maynard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikelife38 View Post
you're a piece of sht, surprised you're not a cop

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmiller0401 View Post
Dude you really are a piece of sh!t.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no need to go around calling members pieces of shvt.

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 03:34 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Statement by the family

...Bryce’s only mistake in this situation was following his parents’ advice to ask questions, particularly to ask “why” if stopped by law enforcement....

Last edited by venomenon83; 06-14-2016 at 03:43 AM.
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 05:23 AM
Premium Member

Garage
If it wasn't for the invention and use of the taser, this guy would be dead....

Honda CBR600RR 2003 - Gone! (the blond)

Honda CBR600RR 2007 - On the road! (the brunette)
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 06:04 PM
Training Wheel Hero

yeap its better to just do what the "officer" says than get beaten on the street. Its Waaaaaaay too easy to become a Cop, and cash strapped city/states just cant afford to vet out the possible Thugs. And this guy did this on Camera....What happens at home with the wife and kids behind closed doors?
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 07:49 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My issue these situations is the inevitable comment "if he would've just done what he was told...". As citizens we all have rights and they should be respected which would have also avoided this outcome. So we have here a young man with no clear cut crime committed and a cop who was completely out of line, so much so that he was tried AND convicted which is almost unheard of. I don't care what outfit or uniform you wear to work, if you feel you need to commit felonies and injure others to "do your job" effectively then you are unfit for your job and are a criminal.
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 01:36 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomenon83 View Post
Statement by the family

...Bryce’s only mistake in this situation was following his parents’ advice to ask questions, particularly to ask “why” if stopped by law enforcement....
That was tough to watch. I don't know what the cop was thinking when he chucked him onto the ground like that.

While I agree with you guys that some (or most) cops can go overboard, I think the kid deserved everything he got UP UNTIL he got tossed like a gym bag.

There's a huge difference between asking why calm and clearly, and yelling stuff while disobeying orders. There's no reason why he couldn't have asked the same questions while getting out of the car, or while getting cuffed.

'07 600RR | '07 exige s | '07 cayman s | '95 240sx | '03 y34 | '85 girlfriend
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-15-2016, 02:38 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneepuck_envy View Post
That was tough to watch. I don't know what the cop was thinking when he chucked him onto the ground like that.

While I agree with you guys that some (or most) cops can go overboard, I think the kid deserved everything he got UP UNTIL he got tossed like a gym bag.

There's a huge difference between asking why calm and clearly, and yelling stuff while disobeying orders. There's no reason why he couldn't have asked the same questions while getting out of the car, or while getting cuffed.

Idk if you noticed what the cop said before he opened the door and what the kid reaction to it. Now the cop knew he's not to open the door (well...with out probable cause I guess).

"Does this one open?" .... That's the cop excuse to open the door. I've seen cops waiting for a K-9 unit to sniffed from out side of the car and when the K9 signals for a suspicious scent or whatever-that'd be the probable cause.

"What are you doing" was the kids initial reaction when the cop first opened the door followed by "am I being detain? - am I being arrested?- for what?" And the cop couldn't even give him his reason. I mean I'm not a cop heater but I'm sure the good ones would agree that what he did from the beginning was wrong.

https://youtu.be/W-Trv8_cJOI

Last edited by venomenon83; 06-15-2016 at 03:28 PM.
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 05:01 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomenon83 View Post
Idk if you noticed what the cop said before he opened the door and what the kid reaction to it. Now the cop knew he's not to open the door (well...with out probable cause I guess).

"Does this one open?" .... That's the cop excuse to open the door. I've seen cops waiting for a K-9 unit to sniffed from out side of the car and when the K9 signals for a suspicious scent or whatever-that'd be the probable cause.

"What are you doing" was the kids initial reaction when the cop first opened the door followed by "am I being detain? - am I being arrested?- for what?" And the cop couldn't even give him his reason. I mean I'm not a cop heater but I'm sure the good ones would agree that what he did from the beginning was wrong.

https://youtu.be/W-Trv8_cJOI
I agree with you so let me rephrase. When you run into a cop like this that has ulterior motives or an agenda, it's best to do what he says or wants (to a reasonable extent of course).

If he wants me to get out of the car for no explicit reason? Sure. If he wants to open my door? Sure. First off, I have nothing to hide (maybe this kid did). And secondly, there's absolutely no way you can win by not cooperating and being difficult.

To your point, a lot of things aren't done by the book with cops, but I think people get too touchy now a days. They're convinced that by getting out of the car or opening the door (in this example), that it equates to some sort of admission or conviction of a crime. Or, they're so hung up on rights, that they decide to "take a stand."

We'll never know in this case, but it's likely that the cop would have explained to him at some point in time why things were happening the way they were. He wouldn't have cuffed him, towed his car, and brought him back to the station without one word. The explanation was imminent, but the kid was too defensive/militant/impatient imo. I feel like the kid being difficult set the tone for the cop to react to.

Hell, I'll even go as far as to getting cuffed and still cooperate. Honestly, what can you do? There's literally nothing that you can do in that point in time that will make it go away. Either lawyer up or resist. We all know what usually happens with the latter.

Unless you plan on being a martyr and settling in court for a settlement, just say yes sir and shut your mouth. Personally I'd rather speed up their "investigation" and be on my merry way.

I understand that we have rights, but I'm not going to test those boundaries when it's just me against a cop. You're going to lose.

https://www.600rr.net/vb/7776754-post37.html

'07 600RR | '07 exige s | '07 cayman s | '95 240sx | '03 y34 | '85 girlfriend
The Following User Says Thank You to kneepuck_envy For This Useful Post:
Miweber929 (06-17-2016)
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-16-2016, 05:17 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
I agree with you so let me rephrase. When you run into a cop like this that has ulterior motives or an agenda, it's best to do what he says or wants (to a reasonable extent of course).

If he wants me to get out of the car for no explicit reason? Sure. If he wants to open my door? Sure. First off, I have nothing to hide (maybe this kid did). And secondly, there's absolutely no way you can win by not cooperating and being difficult.

To your point, a lot of things aren't done by the book with cops, but I think people get too touchy now a days. They're convinced that by getting out of the car or opening the door (in this example), that it equates to some sort of admission or conviction of a crime. Or, they're so hung up on rights, that they decide to "take a stand."

We'll never know in this case, but it's likely that the cop would have explained to him at some point in time why things were happening the way they were. He wouldn't have cuffed him, towed his car, and brought him back to the station without one word. The explanation was imminent, but the kid was too defensive/militant/impatient imo. I feel like the kid being difficult set the tone for the cop to react to.

Hell, I'll even go as far as to getting cuffed and still cooperate. Honestly, what can you do? There's literally nothing that you can do in that point in time that will make it go away. Either lawyer up or resist. We all know what usually happens with the latter.

Unless you plan on being a martyr and settling in court for a settlement, just say yes sir and shut your mouth. Personally I'd rather speed up their "investigation" and be on my merry way.

I understand that we have rights, but I'm not going to test those boundaries when it's just me against a cop. You're going to lose.

Very good point... Totally agree... But if he was to search my car, I'd probably ask for a K-9 unit just so I know nothing would be planted. But hell if the cop is so crooked he'll find a way I guess.
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 01:46 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^
We should have a thread of posts everyone has to read and this one should be in there.

Be smart out there guys, when you're on the side of the road with a cop or any stranger it ain't the Internet.

There are fights worth fighting, there are fights you can win, and there are fights you are going to lose. Sometimes those overlap but if you're stopped by a cop and it turns into a you versus them confrontation it's a foregone conclusion that you are going to lose. So you have a couple of choices, go down fighting or minimize the damage and live to fight another day. In this situation the cost to fight in is almost always more than the cost to lose so why choose to fight?

Enjoy every minute of life!

Current stable:
05 Honda CBR 600RR (track only)
06 BMW R1200 GS (sold)
08 Honda CBR 1000RR (street only)
12 BMW K1600GTL

IBA# 57849

Motorcycle Road Trips I've Taken: http://lonemuser.blogspot.com/p/moto...rip-index.html
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-17-2016, 07:42 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:

Great post and a very smart way to look at things.

Over the last few years my city and our country have had several instances that created terrible situations that could have been avoided if the victim had simply taken their hands out of their pockets when asked, left when they shoukd gave or opened the door when told to. Right or wrong if you don't escalate the situation it can be over with quickly and the wrong doing be dealt with at a later time in a proper manner.

Be it an employee at McDonald's, your boss, your wife or a cop, we all have bad days and take it out on people who don't deserve it. That's human nature. How we react to someone who does that it the key.

It's a tragic situation regardless but was completely avoidable in my eyes. Anyone hear what led up to the stop anyway? Just curious.

- '17 Ducati Supersport S
- '13 Kymco Super 8 150
- '11 Triumph Sprint GT
- '10 Yamaha WR250R
- Past rides: too many to list
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I never realized that a taser can do that.
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 02:09 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Garage
I wouldn't resist or play difficult.

I also don't know what happened prior to this video.
But this is just disgusting!

At no moment did that kid come over as a threat. As I understand, in the US the officer has to explain why you're pulled over, he was just asking for that reason.
The officer's "OK, **** it" while he grabbed his taser says it all honestly.

This could've been avoided, from both sides. But still, that it escalated so quickly.. Disgusting.

Good thing he ended up getting those 4 years.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page