Show me every phone you've ever owned - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Show me every phone you've ever owned

I don't know what prompted me to make this but, yesterday, I had the urge to line-up, single-file every phone (and pager) I've ever had. As it turns out, this lineup spans almost exactly 20 years. In ~1996 I was rocking the Motorola Ultra Express FLX pager! And in 2016 I bought the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. My how things have changed. My favourite is still the Ericsson T28 Let's see yours!

Last edited by AF4iK; 03-31-2017 at 12:28 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AF4iK For This Useful Post:
tary preisser (03-31-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 01:22 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Whoa,

Dude, you're far down the road to Electro maggedon........

I started with the motorola flip phones in 98?

Suspicious of them then, fearful them now.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 01:39 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Looks like fun, I'll play.

Behold! The super-awesome-glitter-clad paint skills! Also not pictured is a Docomo brick phone back from my time in Japan that was my first cell in the late 90s.

L -> R: SGH E715 // Nokia 6010 // Samsung t519 // RAZR // KRZR // iPhone 3 // HTC HD7 // iPhone 4 // iPone 5 // S5 Active // S7 Edge

The Nokia was by far the most durable phone I owned. I dropped it onto concrete from the top of a baseball batter fence ~20ft high and it just blew up in 4 main pieces - the front, back, keyboard, and main board. Slapped it back together and lived like nothing happened. Drowned the iPhone 3 when I was showing off on a floating dock in Miami and went for an unplanned swim. The HD7 was great in terms of hardware but the Windows OS was totally garbage. Forgot that on the roof of my car and went for a drive. It was never seen again. The iPhone 5 died in my pocket when I rode in the winter at about 20degF to work. Guess it doesn't like windchill in the negatives. That prompted me to get the S5 and that thing still lives though I gave it to my dad when I picked up the S7 edge.

Addendum: I took the S7 edge on a snorkeling tour in Hawaii and dove with it about 15ft while filming and taking photos for 15 minutes on multiple occasions. That was about 6 months ago and still no ill effects. Good that the boat had a rinse bucket otherwise the salt would probably have gotten to it by now.

Last edited by Lyoha; 03-31-2017 at 02:03 PM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tary preisser View Post
Whoa,

Dude, you're far down the road to Electro maggedon........

I started with the motorola flip phones in 98?

Suspicious of them then, fearful them now.
lol huh? I don't really understand what you mean but sounds funny. I never had the brick-sized Motorola flip phone but my mom did. I sported the pager until the next wave of phones came out that were a little smaller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoha View Post
Looks like fun, I'll play.

Behold! The super-awesome-glitter-clad paint skills! Also not pictured is a Docomo brick phone back from my time in Japan that was my first cell.

Nice lineup. I think I had the black "fairings" for the RAZR too. What is the Docomo phone?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 02:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Docomo is a carrier. I have the phone buried somewhere in my archived junk so I can't easily look up the phone itself and 20 minutes of google searches didn't surface it either.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 02:36 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I had the original cricket when they came out in like 2001. Then I had motorola razr like things for as long as I could. I finally bought a used Iphone4 like 4yrs ago. I hate it, but the camera is much better then I can get with a flip. I don't allow it to connect to the internet. So yeah, I'd say maybe 4 models of phones total in 16yrs.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-02-2017, 02:19 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
I had the original cricket when they came out in like 2001. Then I had motorola razr like things for as long as I could. I finally bought a used Iphone4 like 4yrs ago. I hate it, but the camera is much better then I can get with a flip. I don't allow it to connect to the internet. So yeah, I'd say maybe 4 models of phones total in 16yrs.
Wow 4 phones in 16 years. I find my smartphones tend to start breaking on me in some fashion around the 2 year mark. But then those old school phones were much simpler, sturdier devices in general.

One time I got out of the car and my door wouldn't close properly. So I repeatedly tried to slam it shut and on the third try my Ericsson T28 fell out of the door jamb lol. The mouth piece was hanging by one side of the hinge and my heart sunk when I saw it. But I picked it up, snapped it back into place and it worked perfectly fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page