I sold the BMW for...... - 600RR.net
Off Topic & Flame Thrower All non 600RR related banter goes in here...
Sponsored by: Sharp Turn Motorsports

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I sold the BMW for......

The all new 2017 Honda Civic HB Sport Touring! I did a couple test drives and I just fell in love with the Sport Touring trim plus for the price you get a lot of great options! I now have a full Honda garage...Odyssey, Civic HB, CBR600RR

I wasn't too thrilled about how the rear end looked at first but it definitely grew on me, especially the dual center exhaust. Coming from BMW standards, which makes great cars by the way, I didn't think I would like the Civic at all. It handles just as good if not better and acceleration is pretty damn good for a 4 banger turbo.

Anyone else a fan or do you hate it?

2008 CBR600RR

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Here are a few pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017 Civic Hatchback .jpg
Views:	90
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	189986   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-Honda-Civic-Hatchback-Sport-Touring-front-three-quarter-04.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	189994  

2008 CBR600RR

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 02:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Can't get over the look of the Civics. They've peeved me since the massive redesign in '06.

That said, there are lots of cars that handle better than a BMW. Take my E92 as an example, it's awesome at high speeds in terms of stability and feedback but it doesn't compare to the R53 (which I had) that's basically a go-kart with a roof and a supercharger. Up to about 40mph I'll dare to admit that my wife's 09 Civic will likely at least match the E92 in tight corners.

Gotta give it to Honda though. Even though they killed some brilliant cars in their past, they have't completely abandoned the philosophy of cheap fun. Civics comfortably sit on that throne today.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lyoha For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-06-2017)
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoha View Post
Can't get over the look of the Civics. They've peeved me since the massive redesign in '06.

That said, there are lots of cars that handle better than a BMW. Take my E92 as an example, it's awesome at high speeds in terms of stability and feedback but it doesn't compare to the R53 (which I had) that's basically a go-kart with a roof and a supercharger. Up to about 40mph I'll dare to admit that my wife's 09 Civic will likely at least match the E92 in tight corners.

Gotta give it to Honda though. Even though they killed some brilliant cars in their past, they have't completely abandoned the philosophy of cheap fun. Civics comfortably sit on that throne today.
I wasn't a big fan of the Civics for a long time as well but I liked this one enough to buy it. I probably should've held out for the Type R but who knows, maybe I can trade mine in for one!

2008 CBR600RR

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 03:22 PM
Pocketbike Racer

I'm a Honda tech so I get to drive these pretty often. they sure are night and day difference from previous generations. they have a much more "solid" feel to them and feel like quality. almost feels like you're driving a vw or bmw
The Following User Says Thank You to bikelife38 For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-06-2017)
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 03:34 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIPDAWG View Post
I wasn't a big fan of the Civics for a long time as well but I liked this one enough to buy it. I probably should've held out for the Type R but who knows, maybe I can trade mine in for one!
I haven't exactly paid enough attention but I thought the Type R wasn't coming to the states? At least not in the same trim and performance specs as the Euro or the Jap model.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 09:19 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Hot looking Civic i bet its pricey though Honda cars ain't cheap

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 10:52 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My neighbor just bought a white two door and a black four door. I have to admit, they are nice cars.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-06-2017)
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 11:01 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
... what on earth does the Sport Touring have that adds $7,000 over the Sport trim?
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 02:33 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingChance View Post
... what on earth does the Sport Touring have that adds $7,000 over the Sport trim?
Another word in the name and a bunch of stuff nobody really needs. But those points are mute. Pretty much everyone goes for options and high trim levels these days.

I think the car looks amazing. I just can't get over the fact it cost more then we paid for our last Accord V6 we bought new. With prices going the way they've been, I'll never buy a new car. They just aren't worth $500+ a month to me.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
------Disclaimer: I can't spell------
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 02:34 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,045 Times in 851 Posts
Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
which bmw did you sell? it's a funny company, they make everything from absolute dogshit to absolutely incredible, then a bunch of stuff in between.
The Following User Says Thank You to wibbly For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-06-2017)
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-01-2017, 08:06 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Seriously though, it goes from ~$21k for the Sport to ~$28k for the Sport Touring. Do they give you a free Kia Rio as a backup car?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 07:49 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
which bmw did you sell? it's a funny company, they make everything from absolute dogshit to absolutely incredible, then a bunch of stuff in between.
I had the e90 3 series, it was a great car but it was a 2006 so it was definitely showing its age.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightingChance View Post
Seriously though, it goes from ~$21k for the Sport to ~$28k for the Sport Touring. Do they give you a free Kia Rio as a backup car?
Haha...I did check the Sport vs Sport Touring and it is definitely more upgraded on the Touring trim.

These were all the standard options with the Touring : Leather interior, moonroof, 7in Infotainment system, digital dash, Honda sensing (Active Cruise Control, Lane Keeping, etc...), Heated front and rear seats, 540watt 12 speaker system(Amazing!),Rain sensing wipers, LED lights, mirror signals, 180hp vs 174hp. I'm sure there is more but these are just some of the options that I remember.

2008 CBR600RR

The Following User Says Thank You to FLIPDAWG For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-06-2017)
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 07:53 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyoha View Post
I haven't exactly paid enough attention but I thought the Type R wasn't coming to the states? At least not in the same trim and performance specs as the Euro or the Jap model.
Yes they said sometime late Spring or early Summer and it will be the first Type R available in the states!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikelife38 View Post
I'm a Honda tech so I get to drive these pretty often. they sure are night and day difference from previous generations. they have a much more "solid" feel to them and feel like quality. almost feels like you're driving a vw or bmw
Yes, the handling is just as good if not better than my e90.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
Hot looking Civic i bet its pricey though Honda cars ain't cheap
Thanks, Moe...it's actually very affordable considering all the options and resale value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
My neighbor just bought a white two door and a black four door. I have to admit, they are nice cars.
They definitely look better in person, I think.

2008 CBR600RR

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 01:24 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Yes they said sometime late Spring or early Summer and it will be the first Type R available in the states!
Here's to hoping they don't pull a BMW like when they sent the neutered e36 M3.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 03:23 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Thanks, Moe...it's actually very affordable considering all the options and resale value.
Thats ALOT different then saying they aren't cheap. Regardless of anything else, its $28k. For a Civic. Doesn't that buy a V6 accord still? And no, I'm not knocking your choice. If it makes you happy then its all good. I'm just bitching about the pricing of cars these days.

'06 F4i- Yoshimura RS-3C, Racetech springs and valves, Ohlin's rear shock, steel brake lines, 520 conversion. 87k miles and counting.....
'08 600RR- Stripped trackbike. CRG shorty brake lever, goodridge front brake lines
'15 1000RR- weekend toy
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 03:25 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
These were all the standard options with the Touring : Leather interior, moonroof, 7in Infotainment system, digital dash, Honda sensing (Active Cruise Control, Lane Keeping, etc...), Heated front and rear seats, 540watt 12 speaker system(Amazing!),Rain sensing wipers, LED lights, mirror signals, 180hp vs 174hp. I'm sure there is more but these are just some of the options that I remember.
Personally, I'd pay extra to keep most of these options out of my car. Can't stand useless tech like lane keeping etc. I hate leather with a passion, hate TV screens on my dash, LED's do nothing to make the car better IMO, its AZ so we naturally have heated seats etc.

'15 1000RR- weekend toy
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 04:08 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Garage
Originally I was pretty salty with the mindset that they stole some of the looks from the STI or WRX but after getting in one I realized that it's probably better in every way from the factory. It feels modern and quality

2009 CBR600rr Black / Grey / Silver
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 09:55 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
Thats ALOT different then saying they aren't cheap. Regardless of anything else, its $28k. For a Civic. Doesn't that buy a V6 accord still? And no, I'm not knocking your choice. If it makes you happy then its all good. I'm just bitching about the pricing of cars these days.
Yeah man I hear you, car prices are going up just like everything else in this world. I was thinking about the Accord as well but I liked the 4 cyl turbo on the Civic better for gas mileage wise and the hatch comes in very handy when you need to haul a lot of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored&stroked View Post
Personally, I'd pay extra to keep most of these options out of my car. Can't stand useless tech like lane keeping etc. I hate leather with a passion, hate TV screens on my dash, LED's do nothing to make the car better IMO, its AZ so we naturally have heated seats etc.
I'm all about tech. Do I need those things? No...but I enjoy having them. Leather is a must for me in all my cars, I think it looks nicer, doesn't absorb odors and stains as easily as cloth, and much more durable. AZ definitely can get hot for sure, having tinted windows would help out a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnet View Post
Originally I was pretty salty with the mindset that they stole some of the looks from the STI or WRX but after getting in one I realized that it's probably better in every way from the factory. It feels modern and quality
I felt the same way myself until I test drove one and I was sold!

2008 CBR600RR

The Following User Says Thank You to FLIPDAWG For This Useful Post:
dixon cider (04-06-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page