03 Honda 600rr with 07 front end $5300 - 600RR.net
Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
03 Honda 600rr with 07 front end $5300

I have a 49 state 03 600rr with 10300 miles on it. The front end, wheels, tires, brake rotors, pads, chain and sprockets are from an 07 and have less than 500 miles on them. There are Moriwaki rear sets, flush mount LED front turn signals and a Puig double bubble are the other mods that have been done.

My bike is by no means perfect but it is in sound shape and looks good for her age as well. A little over two years ago we did low side (damn unexpected rain!) I had to replace the tail plastic, frame slider, tank cover and the clutch lever. There are still a few scratches on the stator cover that are shown. The scratches on the swing arm were there when I purchased it. It was one of those insurance deals. Insurance buys some guy a new swing arm so he puts it up on ebay. I put it on because the 06 is so much lighter then the stock 03 swing arm and few scratches did not really bother me. The rear shock is a left over from a friend and is virtually brand new as well.

The only other flaw is the crack in the instrument cover. A little brake fluid sat for a few minutes before I wiped it off. When I did there was a teardrop shape batch of small crack in the cover. Never caused any problems but it is a little unsightly.

I have the title and the California registration is good until 8/08.

Last edited by ircsmith; 04-05-2014 at 08:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 02:38 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
nice bike good luck
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks

did I mention I have a very nice metal motorcycle palette? the bike is ready to ship!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2008, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

do I understand this correctly. people would rather hunt down ratted out 03 bikes with cracks, worn tires, stale fork fluid, shot chains and sprockets to save $800 off the asking price? economically that makes no sense.

Chain and sprockets =$250ish
tires =$300
fork fluid change =$100
rear shock fluid =$100
body panels=$$$$$ (lets say $250 to be fair)

so ratted out 03 =$4000+needed items =$5000

for $300 you get almost new upside down forks, radially mounted brakes, tires, wheels, wheel bearings, fork and shock fluid, mater cylinder, brake pads, brake rotors, BMC filter and a lighter swingarm,

or go at from an 05-06 point of view. you save $500 and get a bike that is just as light and just as fast. older look body work however.

simple economics. help me out here what am I missing? I think its a fair price. if the scratches on the stater cover bug you then I will knock off the $65 to by a new one off ebay.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 02:59 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: -1 reviews
you've had it up for 10 days.... if you want it sold quick put it on ebay and get what you get, otherwise have some patience.

also most modification don't add value fyi. just because you spent money on the 07 front end and 06 swing arm doesn't mean your 03 is going to sell for anymore money than a stock 03.

I pity the fool who doesn't ride an RR

06 600RR
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

yea I know, patience. never has been on of my strong suits. I have just been watching the market for the past few months and some of the bikes I have seen sold....I thought this was priced right.

I am well aware you dont recoup the money spent on upgrades but I dont completely agree with you. there is some small value added when a new or improved item is fitted to any machine. I am not expecting to get my investment back but I think its worth a few hundred to right person.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2008, 04:34 PM
d.k
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how much for shipping?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

sorry for the delay. work has me pretty busy right now.

where you located? last sportbike I shipped to NJ was about $450. with gas the way it is I am sure is going to be a little higher now.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 01:10 AM
World Superbike Racer

Here is little .2cents to sell your bike. Take a better picture. Your price looks good IMO. Be patient and you can ship it for cheaper. Try Uship.com I had great experience with them.

2006 Yamaha R6 - STOLEN (miss riding)
350z Track edition -Back to stock, soon to be turboed. 500WHP

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page