in need of a loving home and TLC ('08 silver0 600rr in iowa) - 600RR.net
Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 11:22 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Exclamation in need of a loving home and TLC ('08 silver0 600rr in iowa)

**EDIT** there has been some... shall we say "concern" over the asking price. i know it's a bit high considering the damage, but i'm more of a casual seller, as in: if it sells great, if not i'll ride it. that said, you are welcome to offer *any* amount, but i may not accept it. just like i can ask *any* price and you don't have to buy it. yay for free countries! thanks to all those who helped me realize i needed to clarify **END EDIT**

**EDIT 2**removing the $6000 asking price, pm me for current amount i would be willing to part with it for. it's around $5200 right now, not going any lower. **END EDIT 2**

i picked up this 2008 silver 600rr with ~3200 miles for a good price knowing full well that it had some issues... now that i have it i'm not sure that i have the time or money to fix it up like i want so i'm putting it up for sale for a while before i put much time or money into it. i am located in marshalltown, ia zip 50158 but might be able to deliver if you're not too far away. pm or email coln.panic (at) gmail.com if you're interested.

from what i understand, this bike was stolen (maybe hot wired?), crashed, recovered, and sold at auction. due to some weird titling or law or something it still has a clean title, i just transferred it to my name and can email a scan of the title if you want. the previous title was listed as "abandoned". it has had some work done on it since all that, but not sure who did it.

while i have not taken the time to do more than visually inspect it, the guy i bought it from said the frame, forks, and wheels are straight. the engine starts and runs fine (loud, currently missing an exhaust), and can shift into all gears. i bought a used brake lever and stock exhaust, i will try to get them on this weekend and at least drive around the block to make sure everything "feels" straight and runs/shifts normal.

i tried to get pictures of the worst of the damage, here is a list of things i have noticed, i will update it if i discover more:
  • fairings rashed all over, painted over rash some areas (only crack is right side by knee)
  • both sides engine covers rashed, painted black
  • brake side rearset peg gone (replaced with random peg), lever bent
  • clutch lever broken, replaced with bolt
  • chain rusty
  • air duct mount stress fractured, still appears to be holding up well enough
  • missing turn signals and tail light
  • tubing surrounding some wiring is missing chunks... wiring appears to be ok though
  • clutch cable doesn't seem to be in the right place, runs way up on top of the cluster when wheel is straight forward or turned right
  • grips nicked
  • rear axle nut rashed but functional
  • exhaust missing
  • brake lever broken
i tried to get pictures of the worst of it, if you want specific pictures of anything let me know. if i have time, i also intend on taking most/all of the fairings off this weekend and taking more pictures. this is the way it was when i got it, haven't done anything except remove one bolt from the fairings to look at something. on to the pics:

NOTE: there was a bolt holding the mid on, i took it out and forgot to put it back in. not sure why there is a hole on the silver part.

zip ties are classy!

crack on air duct, missing cable routing thing-a-ma-bob

other side of air duct, also notice the chunks missing from the wire tubing

clutch side cover, specs of red stuff on mid? liquid gasket or hole filler? there is a little patch that looks like old gum on the sidewalk, might have had a hole that was filled and then painted black, not sure...

improv shifter lever and rusty chain

i would prefer a local sale so you can come check it out yourself, but given a few days can take pictures and video of anything and everything on it if you are further away. if i don't get much interest i will start working on it as i have time, and adjust the price accordingly.

thanks for lookin'!

Last edited by colnpanic; 03-27-2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: clarification
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 12:36 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
bump for a good seller!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:55 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

hey, i'm beginning to wonder what i was thinking selling the black one! i could have been riding it this week, instead i'm looking up parts for this one.... oh well, once it's done it'll be nice. should have started a project like this in the fall though, so i could work/spend a little at a time on it over the winter.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 03:04 PM
One Man Band

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WOW!! That fuggin' thing is a MESS! GL trying to get 6 grand for it.... better off just parting it out....seriously doubt a sale at that price....:book1:

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^| |___
|---Crip2Nite's Ride---- | ||'|";>
|_..._...____________| ||_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)""""*|(@)(@)******(@)

My Facebook
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Jyn
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Nowhere close to being worth that much.

I read your thread as: I bought this piece of **** at auction for a couple g's and thought that I could resell it for profit.
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyn View Post
Nowhere close to being worth that much.

I read your thread as: I bought this piece of **** at auction for a couple g's and thought that I could resell it for profit.
sorry you see it that way, i bought it intending to ride it, and that is still my plan. however, i figured if there is anyone interested in buying it i would list it up. yes the price is high, and yes i would make a profit at that price. like i said though, i bought it to ride, but if i can sell it and make a couple bucks i'm all over it.

if anyone that is interested feels the price is too high, any low-ball offers are welcome, i can turn them down all day long! :glasses10 any reasonable offer will be considered, but i won't sell for a loss...

thanks for your constuctiv(ish) criticism though! :icon_lol:
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crip2Nite View Post
WOW!! That fuggin' thing is a MESS! GL trying to get 6 grand for it.... better off just parting it out....seriously doubt a sale at that price....:book1:
it is a bit of a mess, but just cosmetic stuff... i'm not sure why you think parting it out would be better though. replace plastics and rearsets and it's not awful. granted, those parts are expensive, but still...

and yes, i know the price is high, see previous post about this. mebbe i should edit the first post to make it more clean i guess.

thanks for lookin' and taking the time to comment anyhow!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Bleedin' Honda Red

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
ill take it for 2g and pick it up this weekend

Rossi was born on Honda

08 CBR600rr
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatality View Post
ill take it for 2g and pick it up this weekend
my first low-ball offer! sure thing, under the condition that you sell me your '05 for $1500...

keep 'em coming guys & gals!
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Bleedin' Honda Red

hate to break it but thats pretty much what the bike is worth....

Rossi was born on Honda

08 CBR600rr
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:57 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

i have found this out myself untill summertime you will not be able to get what your asking and what your asking is fine you will just have to put the exhaust and levers on it and call it a day even with the scratches as long as you clean it up and have a clean title some kids dad will buy it for his son quick .... works everytime.... no one on here will pick it up because we could all pick up a track bike just like it for 3000 grand so keep it up you might get lucky i would recommend craigslist though
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatality View Post
hate to break it but thats pretty much what the bike is worth....
i knew i was pretty clueless, but must be worse off than i thought... will you enlighten me as to what makes it so worthless in your eyes? humor me and let's assume that there are no engine or electrical problems and the fork/frame/wheels are all straight.

don't mind if it's in this thread or in a pm.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 08:02 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

and samion that is a good point about people getting trackbikes, you can get bikes with lots of goodies for a great price.

i do plan on putting it on craigslist too once i have a few things done to make it street legal and look a bit better.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Jyn
Banned

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by colnpanic View Post
my first low-ball offer! sure thing, under the condition that you sell me your '05 for $1500...

keep 'em coming guys & gals!
You're not too bright.

I would snatch that offer up and run like the wind.

I wouldn't even have the will power to touch that thing for a grand.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 09:28 AM

I dont see were it is such a rediculouse price, throw some motofansclub fairings on it and some used rear sets from someone on here selling them, some levers. You can upgrade chain and sprocket since it needs chain. If someone is looking for an 08 project bike with low miles here it is. I would lower the price to 5K though, then take offers from there
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Bleedin' Honda Red

my offer stands at 2,000 and ill pick it up this weekend!

Rossi was born on Honda

08 CBR600rr
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07mugensi View Post
I dont see were it is such a rediculouse price, throw some motofansclub fairings on it and some used rear sets from someone on here selling them, some levers. You can upgrade chain and sprocket since it needs chain. If someone is looking for an 08 project bike with low miles here it is. I would lower the price to 5K though, then take offers from there
i bought it myself as a project bike, but thought i would post it for sale in the event someone else with more time wanted a project. i set the price assuming people would offer less as they did with my last bike sale, i just under estimated how much less they would offer...

i have around $5k spent on the bike & parts already, just haven't taken the time to put it all together yet, plus waiting on a few more parts... a week or so ago i did take it around the block and it ran/shifted well and "felt" straight, and then pulled all the plastics off and except for some nicks on some tubing it all looked good.

at the moment i am just going to keep it, put the parts on when i have the time, find some affordable fairings, and ride it. maybe post it for sale locally once its done, maybe not. if someone offers more than i have spent on it, i'll consider it. sorry fatality, still won't go for $2k :sad11: i'll also update with some pictures when there are any worth seeing... should probably just switch this to a "build" thread as the chance of selling it here are lower than slim to none.
post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:09 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Where do you live? $2500 is about all I can offer for that.

My bike is red, black, clean, waxed, and fast.
post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

see previous post... maybe it wasn't showing yet when you posted
post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 04:55 PM
Knee Dragger

yeah I got the exact same bike in pristine condition for under $7K... I doubt you'll get anywhere close to your asking price with the condition it's in. But then again you might lucky:)

But on these forums most people know what a bike is worth...

GL with the sale!

oeY
2008 SilverCBR600RR
-ASV levers
-Corbin Seat
-Puig Double Bubble
-Stomp Grips
-Proton Flushmounts
-Custom LED Flasher Relay
-Tripage Fender Eliminator Kit with Integrated Taillight
-Tripage LED passenger pegs
-OESACCESSORIES Frame Sliders/Spools
-Rizoma Mirrors

post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:38 PM

wow... I hope you like the seat cause you are never gonna sell it at that price..this bike is rough as hell. If you would shine it up and put some money in it you would have a decent bike..
post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 PM
Knee Dragger

assuming the frame and subframe arent torched

2004 1000rr Black
2006 600rr (Sold)
2005 Ducati 999 (sold; miss it!)
2005 R6 (Sold)
2000 Triumph TT600 (crashed! and sold...)
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducatista View Post
assuming the frame and subframe arent torched
that is the big assumption... the guy i bought it from works with used/wrecked bikes quite a bit and seemed honest, he said the frame was straight so for now i'm trusting him. i visually inspected it with the plastics off and it appears to be straight, obviously it could be slightly tweaked and i might not notice it.

any ideas how much it would generally cost to have the local honda shop check out the frame (with engine still inside, triple/forks still attached) to see if it is straight? i don't really have the space to yank the engine at this point.
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-28-2009, 12:36 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tat2DTim View Post
wow... I hope you like the seat cause you are never gonna sell it at that price..this bike is rough as hell. If you would shine it up and put some money in it you would have a decent bike..
i know it looks rough, those pics are from right after i got it. i have ordered a bunch of stuff, just need to receive it all and have the time to put it back together. i think it will be quite nice when it's re-assembled! (crosses fingers)
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 01:15 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by colnpanic View Post
that is the big assumption... the guy i bought it from works with used/wrecked bikes quite a bit and seemed honest, he said the frame was straight so for now i'm trusting him. i visually inspected it with the plastics off and it appears to be straight, obviously it could be slightly tweaked and i might not notice it.

any ideas how much it would generally cost to have the local honda shop check out the frame (with engine still inside, triple/forks still attached) to see if it is straight? i don't really have the space to yank the engine at this point.
Like both your arms and half a leg. I wouldn't worry about yankin the engine out. It doesn't really look like a major crash. Maybe check the sub frame and such.. If you took it to the Honda dealers around here to pull a motor it would be rediculous. That's just my advice.

2008 Honda CBR600rr Graffiti - SOLD
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
gl on the sale

TEAM BLT
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATown0789 View Post
Like both your arms and half a leg. I wouldn't worry about yankin the engine out. It doesn't really look like a major crash. Maybe check the sub frame and such.. If you took it to the Honda dealers around here to pull a motor it would be rediculous. That's just my advice.
yeah, i'm thinking a crash that is bad enough to bend the frame would mess up the fairings a lot more. thinking about taking this friday off to get that exhaust on, finish installing the tripage tail light and tag bracket, and ride around a little bit. it sucks having an uninsulated, non-heated, non-wired garage... really limits the time to work on the bike. hopefully later this summer will replace the garage..... hopefully.

i'm getting really close to the $$ spent on and work done to the bike point that it's no longer going to be for sale. if i end up getting the woodcraft rear sets and delkevic or motofansclub fairings it will definitely be worth more to me than i could get from it.... kinda like it was all along i guess :icon_lol:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page