2004 Red/Black 600RR - $4000 OBO - 600RR.net
Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
2004 Red/Black 600RR - $4000 OBO

Up for sale is my beloved 2004 CBR600RR. I am the second owner. I am located in Stewartstown, PA, zip code 17363, (about 10 minutes over PA/MD line, half hour south of York, 30-45 minutes north of Baltimore/Cockysville, MD). Overall the bike is in good shape. Not new, but in great running order and cosmetically not too bad. Sadly, a summer of unemployment has made me choose between the bike and continuing education.. an education wins, sadly.

Here's an older pic (more recent ones to come):

(note: lowers are no longer on the bike, read under The Bad)

The Good
Mileage: about 12,XXX
Title: Clean and clear, in hand
Recent oil change (Amsoil 10w-40, Purolator Pureone filter)
Fork seals and oil changed around 9k miles
Bike is all stock except front flush mounts and rear DIY fender eliminator
Asking price is about $1,500 below the Blue Book value, which is stated for a bike of 7K more miles than the current odometer reading.
Engine runs well (duh, it's a Honda...)
Shinko tires, have a decent amout of tread left, and may not be the best cornering tires, but will hold up for a good bit of commuting.
Bike always stored in shed.

The Bad
The bike is cosmetically in decent shape, but it of course shows sign of 5 years of use. It has been down on the left side, and both the right mid and upper cowl have been replaced, though the stator cover is scratched up. There are blemishes here and there, some of which were touched up, but not overtly visible unless being scrutinized. The lower cowls are broken off after a collision with a gopher.. the bike didn't go down, but I'm guessing the carcass bounced up and broke them off. The tabs holding the lowers to the mids are broken off and they may be reusable, but it would take some ingenuity. They would, of course, be included with the bike. Also, the bike is not inspected, but I don't think it needs anything to pass inspection, I just haven't got around to it.

Extras
I will also include a medium (used about 1 year) and large (used about 1 year) red and black HJC helmets, both in great condition, the medium being a gloss finish with nice accents, and the large being a subtle but attractive matte finish. A used Joe Rocket Phoenix 4.0 mesh jacket, size XL, though it has rash from when I went down. Also included will be leather Joe Rocket gauntlet gloves, size large, which also were involved in my lowside, but received little damage and are still very usable. Also will include the service manual (self printed). I have lots of extras like OEM brake pads, fork oil, Honda HP coolant, etc that can go with the bike. PM me if interested.

Asking price is somewhat negotiable, as the bike is not in perfect condition, but I do need to hit a certain mark to make my school payments. PM me with any questions (though I'd prefer email, [email protected] ). You can stop by any time to take a look at the bike. **NOTICE** Bike is listed on Craigslist and perhaps will be listed locally as well.

Squid test:

So far, 13109 people (including you) have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated.
Of those responses, the average grade is 53. Your grade was 82 (from 0 to 100)

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society. Your score indicates that you are a fairly responsible motorcyclist but a bit of a wise-ass.

Hahaha.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-03-2009, 08:13 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Photobucket album: http://s616.photobucket.com/albums/tt242/bike_for_sale/

Recent pictures:

Squid test:

So far, 13109 people (including you) have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated.
Of those responses, the average grade is 53. Your grade was 82 (from 0 to 100)

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society. Your score indicates that you are a fairly responsible motorcyclist but a bit of a wise-ass.

Hahaha.

Last edited by chipmunkofdoom2; 08-03-2009 at 08:21 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i had the same exact bike and i loved it.. good luck wit your sale

JERSEY'S FINEST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page