R6 projectors - 600RR.net
Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
R6 projectors

For some of you guys looking to do a projector mod on your bikes this is for you. I have an R6 headlamp from my friends 03 blue R6 where the housing is completely trashed. The insides are safe though. Willing to send you either the insides or the whole assembly...which ever you prefer. Its probably better for shipping to just send the projectors though. Sold to the first person who gets a 150 bucks in my hands. No dibs calling. **If you want just the projectors i will ship for free to the contiguous 48.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 09:56 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
how much just for the projectors??
Greg
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-12-2005, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregCBR600RR
how much just for the projectors??
Greg

Not sure if that was a retorical question or not, but the price is 150 including shipping. That's if you want just the projectors and not the whole lamp assembly. Seeing how you guys wouldn't be using the assembly it seems rather pointless to want the whole thing. But hey, you never know. That's why i'm leaving it up the the buyer to decide.:)

Caveat: the lens does NOT come with the assembly.

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-13-2005, 01:11 AM

i see, shoulda read the post better huh?
post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Resident Leg-Humper Females Beware

Feedback Score: 18 reviews
are all of the mounting points intact for the internals? it looks as if the top of the left projector is cracked. having done this mod, that makes it much more difficult to mount. also, lens does not come with? meaning the four lenses that focus the light do not come with? or the plastic outer cover doesn't come with. if it's the internal lenses, they are kinda worthless.

HOOORRRAAAYYYY FOR BOOOOOTTIEES!!!

BALALALALALA OMG TERRORIST!!
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 09:47 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBlur
are all of the mounting points intact for the internals? it looks as if the top of the left projector is cracked. having done this mod, that makes it much more difficult to mount. also, lens does not come with? meaning the four lenses that focus the light do not come with? or the plastic outer cover doesn't come with. if it's the internal lenses, they are kinda worthless.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. Never got a notice that someone had replied. Anywho, i got some updates for you all.
I just pulled the projectors out of the housing and took some more pics before i packed them up. To clarify the projectors come as a whole. It was the headlight assembly housing lens, the lexan piece that i was not including. The projector lenses are still intact. Check out the updated pics below. The only thing i could not get out of the inside were the adjustment screws. They are in the housing pretty good. If you must have those let me know so i can go dive in the dumpster for the housing and i'll just have to ship the whole assembly and let you try to wrestle them out of there.

If you have any questions just fire away. BTW the price is 150 shipped to any of the continental 48 states. I'll ship anywhere in the world if you are will to pay the extra shipping fee's.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-21-2005, 09:49 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Sorry for the low light. Didn't realize they would come out so dark. Now they are packed and awaiting shipment. Just to recap you will recieve the projectors, bulbs, wireharness, rear bulb or housing caps, and swivel bolts. I believe that's everything you need for a successful swap.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-26-2005, 12:09 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Wow, this dropped faster than the cheerleader captains skirt on prom night. Back up top for the train.
post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 04-29-2005, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Projectors still on the market.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

bigity bump to tha top

Thanks for looking:)

Now go steal your wallet out of your girls purse and buy these bitches.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Hello.............
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 10:48 PM

edit for an apology

Last edited by BlueBlur; 05-03-2005 at 03:27 PM.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 11:30 PM
Pocketbike Racer

hey i bid on those projectors i can tell by the pictures it was on ebay not to long ago.

Durr...
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 10:51 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Correct me if I am wrong, but the only usefullness of the projectors is looks. These are not true HID projectors, just normal light projectors....right?

Yeah, I know it says I live in Ohio but have a Texas flag...Ohio by military, Texan by heart.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Pocketbike Racer

yes, but projectors can be retrofitted with HIDs (and work much better than reflectors at focusing the light).

shadowcat

2004 CBR 600RR (sold at 42,227 miles)
no longer active

Stapp's Law: The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
honestly, i think $150 is high for these. prob why you don't have much interest.

Thanks, but nobody asked you for your opinion did they? That being the case i guess its pointless for you to post up in my thread. If you are so concerned about me selling a product then pm me don't go interjecting your .02 were it isn't welcomed.
I'm a big boy...i can make up my own decisions now. Bua-bye now.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurrayR6
hey i bid on those projectors i can tell by the pictures it was on ebay not to long ago.

Man, its a shame we have such unscruppulous people amungst us. I never put these on ebay, but appearently someone that is on this sight tried to. Got a link to the ended auction?
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 02:28 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout
Correct me if I am wrong, but the only usefullness of the projectors is looks. These are not true HID projectors, just normal light projectors....right?

Never made such a claim as them being HID lights. I am selling the stock projectors for a retro fit into our rather mundane headlight assembly. Personally i think they look much better in the RR headlamp than the R6 headlamp. If you ever are traveling down a road and you see an R6 or R1 come at you, then you will see why these are much better than stock. Put in some blue/white(hyperwhite) bulbs to give it a xenon look and you're set.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 02:36 PM

How bout I send you my housings and you install them for me and I will pay you for your services and the $150? lol!!

Sorry just do not have the time or patience to mess with this right now, but it looks hella cool!!

How do you get these to work like angel eyes?
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 03:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Sorry it came across as being harsh...I was more or less just making sure I was right about them not being HID's...I agree with you though..they do look great

Yeah, I know it says I live in Ohio but have a Texas flag...Ohio by military, Texan by heart.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tampamax
Thanks, but nobody asked you for your opinion did they? That being the case i guess its pointless for you to post up in my thread. If you are so concerned about me selling a product then pm me don't go interjecting your .02 were it isn't welcomed.
I'm a big boy...i can make up my own decisions now. Bua-bye now.
sorry dude. was trying to say that as gently as possible. i edited to delete that comment. next time, i'll just shoot a pm instead of saying that in public. my bad dude. good luck with the sale. free bumps anyway hehe.

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideout
Sorry it came across as being harsh...I was more or less just making sure I was right about them not being HID's...I agree with you though..they do look great

You didn't come across harsh. I don't mind people asking questions as long as they are relevant. Just don't have much patience for opinions in the for sale forums. If i have an opinion that i feel strongly enough to voice i make an effort to send a pm. Its all good.

Last edited by tampamax; 05-03-2005 at 04:28 PM.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue ThundeRR
How bout I send you my housings and you install them for me and I will pay you for your services and the $150? lol!!

Sorry just do not have the time or patience to mess with this right now, but it looks hella cool!!

How do you get these to work like angel eyes?

I don't know about getting them to work with angel eyes. I really wouldn't feel comfortable even attempting it, and it might begin to detract from the clean look it already has. I will however install the projectors for you if you are serious about it. Keep in mind this is labor intensive and wouldn't be cheap if you want a professional job. You would have to be without your headlamp for about 2 weeks.

PM me if you are serious about it.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 04:30 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
sorry dude. was trying to say that as gently as possible. i edited to delete that comment. next time, i'll just shoot a pm instead of saying that in public. my bad dude. good luck with the sale. free bumps anyway hehe.

Thanks... :)
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 05:01 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Are the lights themselves plug and play, or any special mods needed???..other than the putting them in the housing..

post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 07:39 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

I hear BB has got some experience in this area. You may want to pm BB if you have some specific questions you need answered. From the info that i've gathered i have already provided everything you need to do the conversion. Now its a matter of following the steps from one of the many write up posts on here.
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 10:06 PM
homerjay4242

i just finished this mod up.. looks killer.. but it does take some work.. and time... you can probably finish the entire job in a weekend.. starting say thursday night and working friday night, sat and sun...

for the angel eyes you can buy rings from pepboys.. complete with LEDs and wiring.. you just have to resize them w/ a heat gun.. then attach them with some glue...
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Great fedback in here ya'll. Some of you who have completed a couple conversions willing to offer your services to the potential buyer at a minimally reduced rate for the install? If so, just pm me.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-04-2005, 11:41 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Ok, i got a something here that the potenial buyer can't refuse. BB and myself worked out a deal to help save the buyer the aggravation of having to do this themselves. I would have charged anyone that wanted the conversion done 200 for my time, and i thought that was being generous. However, BB is going to step up to the plate here and help bring together a deal nobody can refuse. For 300 dollars you can have your headlight converted and ready for reinstall within 2 weeks from the time BlueBlur recieves your RR headlight. That's a total package deal kids. Read below.....

Package deal 1
For 150 bucks + shipping and insurance you can buy the parts off me and try the install yourself. This means you have to pay for shipping and insurance, or for go the insurance and chance it.

Package deal 2
For 300(total) bucks you can have a completed conversion done and back at your door step within 2 weeks of recieving your original headlight. BB has agreed to do the conversion and i will be paying for all the shipping and insurance. The insurance will cover a stated value of 600 bucks.
If you want the AA conversion done at the same time you and BB will need to work that out seperatly.

BB, if you would be so kind as to post up some pics of your work?
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-05-2005, 12:14 AM

sure, now to figure out how to do that on the new forum... anyone got somewhere i can upload them?

oh, and i sold the set i made to NJShoreRR. haven't seen him on lately, but he's got em and have no complaints so far. try pm'ing him if ya want.

Last edited by BlueBlur; 05-05-2005 at 12:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page