Nitrous!!!nos!!! - 600RR.net
Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nitrous!!!nos!!!

hey i have a kit i made for my 03 600rr i was thinking about selling it will have everything you will need to put it on your bike (2) 10oz tanks lines valves foggers airbox wiring just bolt it on and go ive used 25 shot on mine all the time it likes it :) 1000's dont im going to go turbo so i dont need it anymore so make me a offer and mail it to me or if you want pics let me know [email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2005, 01:12 PM
cvlighthouse

I don't want it.. But Welcome to the forum!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 12:34 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

don't know about nitrous on this bike after they tried running one at the bonneville salt flats and pretty much annihilated the motor not even half way through the run and had to shut it down. nitrous is meant for a purpose built motor for doing drags. it'll significantly shorten the lifespan of your 600rr. If you have to think about putting nitrous on this bike, well then you own the wrong bike. But to each their own i guess. to me it's like putting spinners on a neon.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEDWN5UP
don't know about nitrous on this bike after they tried running one at the bonneville salt flats and pretty much annihilated the motor not even half way through the run and had to shut it down. nitrous is meant for a purpose built motor for doing drags. it'll significantly shorten the lifespan of your 600rr. If you have to think about putting nitrous on this bike, well then you own the wrong bike. But to each their own i guess. to me it's like putting spinners on a neon.
I'm anything but a nitrous user for motorcycles, but as a person who's built SEVERAL blower, turbo, and nitrous vehicles...that was hands down the worst description I've ever heard. Bring facts to the table before you destroy a persons post. Unbelievable.

Welcome to 600rr.net You'll find lots of useful people and information on the site! Good luck on the sale!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 01:07 AM

going for a land speed record.. yeah.. go for it.. but might as well drive a dragster..... i like riding the bike on the twisties.. still learning to ride the twisties but i'd rather do that than having a nitrous behind me on the straight away... my 0.02
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 06:40 AM

Jesus...again, not a nitrous guy on bikes..I'm all about track days and twisties...save the straight line raw power for the cars...but land speed records? Hmmm...right. I'm not sure explaining nitrous oxide and it's functions would even help this case. Too much of the Fast and the Furious, and Gone in 60 Seconds mentality going on, with no mechanical understanding of the gas what so ever.

Too much ignorance in this post already.

Again, good luck with the sale. There are some people who ARE interested in drag or higher performance street trim motorcycles. It might be a bit less dense in population on this site, but it never hurts to ask.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 10:51 AM Thread Starter

well as long as you know whats your doing and not going for a 100 extra youll be fine i hope you dont have a pipe or k&n or anything other then stock becuse thats herder on your motor and will shorten the life to so all i have to say is i like twistys but every once in awile i like to bring the hurt down on a 1000 and it dose that so you should stop watching tv and start reading you might learn somthing and if there anyone interesed do some reading and youll find it is safe if done right and in moteration
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 10:57 AM

How badly does it tear up the bike cbrturborr? I'm not interested in putting it on my bike but throwing out some info would be cool. The thought had never crossed my mind.

Explain how you'd use a shot of nos on a bike for me. I've never used nos in a car even. Always been told it tears everything up worse then any other mod u could throw on. Details =). The info would be cool.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2005, 12:32 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

ok...so I should have said, it'll significantly shorten the lifespan of your 600rr motor if you over do it or set it up improperly, which many people that are inexperienced with nitrous often do. I used to build sand drag motors using yamaha banshees running alcohol fuel injection with nitrous on top of that. I have also built pro-street harley motors running nitrous and have built some drag hayabusas as well. I have seen people grenade motors by getting button happy with the nitrous.
I am not saying that you can't put it on a 600rr but in my opinion it seems a little pointless, but then again, if street-racing is your thing (which I don't condone), then it might make a good sleeper to put up against some else, though I would be interested to hear where he's putting his 2, 10oz bottles. The 25 shot would be about as much as you would want to do wth a stock motor. Anything above that you are risking to blow it up. If you know anything about building motors for formula extreme you'd agree since many of the cast parts need to be replaced with either forged or machine parts in order to withstand the additional loads put on them. If you hold that button too long or crank it up too much with a stock motor, you will have a parts bike on your hands.
I like drag racing and going fast but this wouldn't be my bike of choice for doing that, but soemtimes it does become a work-with-what-you've-got situation. I am sure that if you lowered a 600rr and stretched it out a bit, lightened it up even more, did some different profile cams and strapped a nitorus bottle to it it's be a friggin blast to ride. But the guy next to you on the liter bike or the busa will still smoke you with about half the amount of money into the bike. But hey,this is just one persons opinion. Feel free to juice it up if you want. In fact, I'd be interested to see some 1/4 mile specs before and after the bottle.
Good luck selling them though. I'm sure there will be someone out there who wants it. Ebay is the place to be selling them and if you market them towards a larger number of applications, you'll sell the heck out of them. I sold one of my used single 10oz setups with just the bottle, solonoid and switch plus a few jets for nearly 250 bucks on ebay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page