'07 White/Silver Phila - 600RR.net
Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
'07 White/Silver Phila

Hey guys, posting this up for a friend. please contact [email protected] for details;

I am selling my 2007 CBR 600 RR with 5387 miles on it. The bike is white, grey, and black with blue LED's, never dropped and garage kept. I just put two brand new Bridgestone Battlax BT-016 tires on, they have less that 300 miles on them and I replaced the front brakes. I put a brand new back rim on in the beginning of the season due to a bend in the old rim. I also have a helmet and Joe Rocket jacket I am willing to sell with the bike. I am selling it as a track bike because the bike has no title. Price is $3500 OBO.

0828111728a by ak548, on Flickr

0828111728 by ak548, on Flickr

0828111726 by ak548, on Flickr

0828111727a by ak548, on Flickr

Thanks guys

AKoz
2007 CBR 600RR
NESBA #013
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:20 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
this isn't shady.. especially coming from Philly...
where's the VIN for the bike? why doesn't it have a title?
sign?

how did the back wheel bend, and your friend not wreck?

WhatWouldCaRRotDo? that. just. happened.

post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Adam posted the bike for me. I know it sounds shady. I am working on getting the title now but I need the money for rent until I graduate which is why I am letting it go so cheap. This is the deal with the title. My room mate accidentally threw it out before I could get it transferred and I am having difficulty getting in touch with the guy it is currently registered to. It takes a month to get a replacement title even if I get in touch with the guy to get one; due to some unfortunate recent events I am in a bind and can't even wait that long. I'm trying to have a friend that is in law enforcement run the VIN to try to get me the guy's address but I can't rely on that. I've had it insured in my name but that's it. The old rim picked up a ding when I was riding it home from school, the tire picked up a nail on the way and lost a decent amount of air, I must have hit something small that gave it a small bend which is easily feasible at low tire pressure. The VIN is clean and PM me or email me at [email protected] if you want it. The bike had a salvaged title but runs perfectly and always has since I bought it. I wasn't planning on selling it and obviously don't want to without the title since I can get way more when I get one but those are the cards I've been dealt recently. A title can be obtained with some work which I am trying to do and if anyone does buy it they can also do. I'm willing to work with anyone interested and sign any paperwork they desire to assure them it is clean.

As far as any further concerns about it obviously being shady I'm asking you not to flood this thread with those posts. I am located in Philly but at Drexel University where the bike is kept so if you do want to see it, that isn't a shady area. That is the situation surrounding the bike, choose to believe it or not, if you don't then move on to the next posting. If you have any other questions or want more detailed pictures let me know. Thanks and trust me, I wish the situation with the bike was different.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 06:07 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmyer2107 View Post
Adam posted the bike for me. I know it sounds shady. I am working on getting the title now but I need the money for rent until I graduate which is why I am letting it go so cheap. This is the deal with the title. My room mate accidentally threw it out before I could get it transferred and I am having difficulty getting in touch with the guy it is currently registered to. It takes a month to get a replacement title even if I get in touch with the guy to get one; due to some unfortunate recent events I am in a bind and can't even wait that long. I'm trying to have a friend that is in law enforcement run the VIN to try to get me the guy's address but I can't rely on that. I've had it insured in my name but that's it. The old rim picked up a ding when I was riding it home from school, the tire picked up a nail on the way and lost a decent amount of air, I must have hit something small that gave it a small bend which is easily feasible at low tire pressure. The VIN is clean and PM me or email me at [email protected] if you want it. The bike had a salvaged title but runs perfectly and always has since I bought it. I wasn't planning on selling it and obviously don't want to without the title since I can get way more when I get one but those are the cards I've been dealt recently. A title can be obtained with some work which I am trying to do and if anyone does buy it they can also do. I'm willing to work with anyone interested and sign any paperwork they desire to assure them it is clean.

As far as any further concerns about it obviously being shady I'm asking you not to flood this thread with those posts. I am located in Philly but at Drexel University where the bike is kept so if you do want to see it, that isn't a shady area. That is the situation surrounding the bike, choose to believe it or not, if you don't then move on to the next posting. If you have any other questions or want more detailed pictures let me know. Thanks and trust me, I wish the situation with the bike was different.
I'm saying, you have to include a VIN with the bike when you post the FS add, and a sign including your avatar name and date in the pics.
& idk. i have a RR so I'm not worried about getting another.
Did you not get a bill of sale when you bought it?
The OP also mentioned that the bike has never been downed and always garage kept, so why would it have a salvaged title? has it been stolen before?
No disrespect for you, but I'm just trying to get these general need to know questions answered to help the person that may be interested in buying a bike that might not be smart enough to ask all the right questions. I'm sorry but I think you and your buddy have to work on the approach a little more before you can land. Especially since a few forum guys JUST caught scam artists last week trying to sell on CL.

post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 06:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

its also VERY odd that the OP has introduced himself 3 times within 2 years with random stories. i call heavy BS.

post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by caRRot View Post
I'm saying, you have to include a VIN with the bike when you post the FS add, and a sign including your avatar name and date in the pics.
& idk. i have a RR so I'm not worried about getting another.
Did you not get a bill of sale when you bought it?
The OP also mentioned that the bike has never been downed and always garage kept, so why would it have a salvaged title? has it been stolen before?
No disrespect for you, but I'm just trying to get these general need to know questions answered to help the person that may be interested in buying a bike that might not be smart enough to ask all the right questions. I'm sorry but I think you and your buddy have to work on the approach a little more before you can land. Especially since a few forum guys JUST caught scam artists last week trying to sell on CL.
I apologize, I should have looked closer at the requirements before asking him to post it.

The vin is: JH2PC40047M002681

I will take more pictures with the date and my name and post them. The title is listed as salvaged due to collision. It was before I bought it and unfortunately don't know the details. Again, adding to the shadiness I guess..
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 06:26 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
its also VERY odd that the OP has introduced himself 3 times within 2 years with random stories. i call heavy BS.
Not sure what random stories you are talking about but as I stated before, it is my bike and yes, it sounds shady. I will do whatever I can to prove that it is legit. I knew posting it was a long shot without the title and at this rate I probably won't sell it before I finally get the new title but in my current situation, it is worth a shot. If you have any other questions I can answer to prove it is legit then please let me know. I'm an open book on this.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 10:10 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
cough cough sounds like BS!!! idc if i was in a bind for money id wait for a title and get twice as much for this bike
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 02gsxxr For This Useful Post:
caRRot (12-02-2011), Inkslingerxx (12-30-2011)
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Interested, PM sent
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
Some Heavy BS indeed.....

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 07:05 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYUperman View Post
Interested, PM sent
youre a PHUCKING IDIOT. just in case you didnt know.

post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 07:20 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 27 reviews
i can vouch that this bike isn't stolen. I knew the previous owner (i even thought about possibly buying this bike when he mentioned he was going to sell it soon), however i do not know the current owner personally. I also know adam, the guy that originally posted it. that being said, i wouldn't say that i know them well enough to call them friends, i just meet them and know them a little.

the previous owner was a guy named dave. He bought the bike from a guy in north philly, the bike needed new plastics and the owner at the time needed money to bail his buddy out of jail, so dave got a good price on it (i believe he paid about 4.5k for it, i dont remember for sure tho.) Dave barely rode the bike last year or the year before that, and upon gradating in june of last summer he sold the bike to the current owner. (dave, the current owner, and adam all belong to the same frat at drexel. I'm a drexel student but i dont belong to the frat, my room mate does which is how i know some of the guys and why i know what happened with this bike.)

So thats all i know, and anyone that thinks this bike is stolen can forget about it. I dont know what the deal is with the title, or any of that other stuff. Dave was not the nicest person, so it wouldn't surprise me if he took the money, forgot to give the new owner the title and then when we moved a few weeks after graduation he probably forgot about it or threw it out by mistake. again, i do not know any facts about this. I also dont know what the guy from north philly did with the bike, i wasn't there when dave bought it, i just heard about the price and that it was a good bike aside from needing some new fairings. (the original ones were a little scratched up, nothing serious)

I'm an honest person (look at my feed back, i can send links to ebay and other forms, never screwed anyone over and i'm not a confrontational person), i wouldn't offer up my information unless i was sure that the bike isn't stolen. If you dont want to believe what i said, thats fine. I'm only saying anything here because i know if I was the one trying to sell my bike then i would be glad if someone tried to help me out...

Last edited by SuperBrute; 12-14-2011 at 04:58 PM.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 01:29 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
I appreciate your concern, I was going to do my due diligence to figure out the details behind the bike. Looking for a track bike... so not really concerned about the title aspect.

Love the words of advice....
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 01:55 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Wow, I thought we were here to help each other out. Guess some of us never grew up.

2009 CBR600rr Phoenix Edition - Defeathered

Motovation Axle Sliders Front and Rear
Motovation Frame Sliders
Lawst Caws Frame Plugs
Pit Bull Gold Spools
Galfer Superbike Lines (Gold banjos, no labels)
Hot Bodies Flush Mounts
Leo Vince 8194B
TST Intergrated Tail (Clear)
Comp. Werks License Plate Holder
PCIII with Leo slip-on map
Cox Radiator Guard
Zero Gravity SportTour Wind Screen
TechSpec C3 Tank Grips
TechSpec C3 Center Tank Pro 1 Pad
Lamin-X Yellow Headlight Covers

Honda Ruckus
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 01:57 PM
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forget It

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
well hope you get a title...never throw it away..its the most important thing of ownership...just saying.

03 600RR, 07 Jeep Wrangler Sahara & 14 Subaru WRX
(Lapeer,
MI)

September 2012 BOTM Winner

My Build
UPDATE: P. 42 (ALL MODS INSTALLED)
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 07:19 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
still no replys from OP... damn this bike smells as fishy as davey jones locker
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Moto GP Racer

i REPORTED THIS TO A MOD, JUST FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT THERE ARE IMPROPER PICTURES AND OP ISNT FOLLOWING THE FORUM RULES FOR SELLING. oN TOP OF THAT, THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOME HORSES ASS BULLSHYT..... I dont care what friends you have vouging for you, who you are, but if you cant follow simple rules, what makes you think someone will trust you to buy a bike without a title?

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 04:55 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK View Post
i REPORTED THIS TO A MOD, JUST FOR THE SIMPLE FACT THAT THERE ARE IMPROPER PICTURES AND OP ISNT FOLLOWING THE FORUM RULES FOR SELLING. oN TOP OF THAT, THIS SOUNDS LIKE SOME HORSES ASS BULLSHYT..... I dont care what friends you have vouging for you, who you are, but if you cant follow simple rules, what makes you think someone will trust you to buy a bike without a title?
well said, I agree that pics and rules need to followed.

on a side note, if you were referring to me about vouching for them, let me state again that i'm not "friends" with the current owner or the OP. I know the OP (meet him on 3 seperate ocassions), have never meet the current owner. The only thing i stated was that i knew the previous owner, and the bike is not stolen (i actually had some interest in buying this bike last summer when the previous owner mentioned that he was going to sell it soon). As for all the other details, like why there is currently no title, or the state of the title, i have no information on that. I posted my information with the intent of adding relevant accurate information to the thread, I do not wish for this to turn into any sort of attack on my personal character (which hasn't happened yet, so i'm not accusing anyone of anything here), because i can assure you that I would not be doing anything illegal or helping anyone do anything illegal...
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWario89 View Post
well said, I agree that pics and rules need to followed.

on a side note, if you were referring to me about vouching for them, let me state again that i'm not "friends" with the current owner or the OP. I know the OP (meet him on 3 seperate ocassions), have never meet the current owner. The only thing i stated was that i knew the previous owner, and the bike is not stolen (i actually had some interest in buying this bike last summer when the previous owner mentioned that he was going to sell it soon). As for all the other details, like why there is currently no title, or the state of the title, i have no information on that. I posted my information with the intent of adding relevant accurate information to the thread, I do not wish for this to turn into any sort of attack on my personal character (which hasn't happened yet, so i'm not accusing anyone of anything here), because i can assure you that I would not be doing anything illegal or helping anyone do anything illegal...
Nope, not referring to you at all. Just a general purpose type thing. I hope they get things figured out, if they do, ill buy it.

R.I.P. PHATTY
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrede View Post
Wow, I thought we were here to help each other out. Guess some of us never grew up.
It's a sportbike forum. Half the people on it act like they are 16.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-18-2011, 02:46 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Yeah, that was unnecessary.

To OP: Just apply for a new title. If you've registered the bike under your name previously, the motor department should still have your info. All they have to do is match the VIN # you have to the one you previously registered. It would clear all the suspicions here.
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 01:26 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
If you get that title, I'm VERY interested.

03' 600rr- sold
07' 600rr-
sold
05' 636- sold
Currently searching
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 04:50 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallout View Post
Yeah, that was unnecessary.

To OP: Just apply for a new title. If you've registered the bike under your name previously, the motor department should still have your info. All they have to do is match the VIN # you have to the one you previously registered. It would clear all the suspicions here.
Exactly........

03' 600rr- sold
07' 600rr-
sold
05' 636- sold
Currently searching
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Here are new photos of the bike with my name and date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWario89 View Post
I dont know what the deal is with the title, or any of that other stuff. Dave was not the nicest person, so it wouldn't surprise me if he took the money, forgot to give the new owner the title and then when we moved a few weeks after graduation he probably forgot about it or threw it out by mistake.
I bought the bike off of Dave, I sent him the money when I was on co-op and by the time I got back he had lost the title. I wasn't aware that he had never registered the bike in his name, the title he lost was still in the previous owners name and I had no idea who that was and Dave wasn't much help. I was finally able to get his address so I am working on getting him to get a replacement title in then sign it over to me but it has been a process..
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Training Wheel Hero

post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 05:20 PM
World Superbike Racer

Just waiting for the OP to give me a call.........

03' 600rr- sold
07' 600rr-
sold
05' 636- sold
Currently searching
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:46 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Damn, if this was in cali Id snag that in a sec for a track bike!

Honestly, sometimes weird chain of events happen for people and make it very hard to sell stuff. I'm on no ones side, but when I bought my last bike the owner had me go through so much BS to get the title transferred to my name...literally took a whole summer of waiting and calling people. It was almost not worth the hassle to save the money I did.

Hopefully its not a scam, and if its real its a freakin steal!

CAPTIVE SPACERS ARE SOLD OUT...Again

Neek - SMUSA #143
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:48 AM
World Superbike Racer

Neek check my build thread. I bought it.

03' 600rr- sold
07' 600rr-
sold
05' 636- sold
Currently searching
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 01:59 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 31 reviews
Quote:
Hey carrot...I bet you feel like the idiot now. A guy bought that perf condition bike for 2600 bucks!!

CAPTIVE SPACERS ARE SOLD OUT...Again

Neek - SMUSA #143
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 12-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neek View Post
Hey carrot...I bet you feel like the idiot now. A guy bought that perf condition bike for 2600 bucks!!

bump to point out the DB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page