'03 CBR 600RR for sale, $5k - 600RR.net
Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 11:37 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
'03 CBR 600RR for sale, $4700

Guys/gals,

Unfortunately I am having to sell my bike for financial reasons.

It's an '03, originally black with the silver lower. I laid it down and replaced the plastics with '04 Black/Red with the black lower and flat black rear.

Specs:
approx 3900 miles
Jardin CF racing baffle
Fender Eliminator
Integrated taillight/blinkers (Clear Alternatives)
Flushmount front blinkers
Moriwaki Frame Sliders
CF mirrors
Aftermarket grips and bar ends (due to laying it down)
Tank has black pro-grip scratch protector

Everything else is stock unless I'm forgetting something.

Problems are minimal. Slight scratches/"rash" on both sides of case covers. Minor scratches on plastics. Speedometer works, but the actual crystal display is very hard to read. I don't know how to explain it more than that. I would say it doesn't work, except that it does, it's just that half of the numbers are generally not "lit" up so it's really hard to read your speed, but everything else works; gas guage, odometer, trip odometers, clock, tachometer, etc. A couple of other things I forgot about. Both levers have been slightly ground down on the round "knobs" on the end from laying the bike down. Also, I know it's dirty in the pics, but it's getting washed this weekend, we didn't have time after our ride the day that I took those pics.

That's about all I think. I will gladly answer any questions anyone has and be completely honest about the bike. I have some pictures, and will gladly take as many more detailed pics as anyone wants on request, it just might take a few days for me to get out to the garage and then email them.

I would like to get $5000 for it. I haven't looked recently, so I don't know how this falls as far as what bikes are selling for. This is negotiable as I really need to sell the bike and put the money to use in other places.

The bike is located in NY around the Newburgh area, which is close to the 10997 zip code. Pickup in person is preferred, or I will ship if the buyer makes all shipping arrangements.

Again, I'll be more than happy to answer any questions.
Ben

Email me at [email protected]

Let's see if these pics work now.

Last edited by Nitesky59; 01-13-2006 at 11:07 AM. Reason: Change to Price, addition of email address
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 08:52 AM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
pictures arae worth a thousand words man.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 06:49 PM

Where are you located?

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
nice bike, gl witrh the sale, wash it and post pics of it clean :)
glad i could help.
BUMP!

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 06:56 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Bike location and i quote
The bike is located in NY around the Newburgh area, which is close to the 10997 zip code

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Yes, that location is correct. If you don't want to look it up and want a general idea, Newburgh is about 60-70 miles north of NYC, straight up the Hudson. Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]

Last edited by Nitesky59; 01-13-2006 at 11:09 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 11:08 AM Thread Starter

Lowered price...I desparately need to sell this bike to meet other financial obligations.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 02:24 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My friend is looking for a bike. Do you have pics of the issue with the speedometer?

WIL

2003 Honda CBR 600RR (Black) - Gone but not forgotten (11/10/07)
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-13-2006, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

no i don't. but i can try to take some this weekend. here's my best attempts to describe it.

the numbers are formed by little sections of the LCD screen that change. so, i can take a picture and you can see what 0 looks like, but it will be hard to take pictures while moving. basically, for some reason, when the numbers change, all of the little portions don't "light" up correctly. but it's not the same ones every time. it's really kind of strange. it is possible to tell what speed you're going, it's just kind of hard. it's also easier at night. originally i was going to get the problem fixed, but that requires an expensive purchase of a new instrument cluster and then another fee to have the dealership put the correct mileage back on the new one.

here's how i dealt with the problem. first of all speed is not an ego issue to me. secondly, you can accurately gauge the speed from the Tachometer b/c the sprockets are stock. if we're riding twisties, the last thing i care about is my actual speed. if we're cruising on the highway just going somewhere i'll usually just glance at one of my friends' bike or at cars speedo's that we pass, but it's pretty easy to guess your speed. again, i know i mentioned this already, but everything else on the instrument cluster works fine; the odometer, tachometer, clock, fuel gauge, trip odometers, standard and metric unit conversions.

honestly, for the price that i'm asking for this bike, with the accessories and aftermarket parts, buying a brand new instrument cluster and having it installed will still end up being a really good deal.

i'll send some pictures, probably monday or tuesday. any other questions, please let me know.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

bike is sold, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page