Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2005 Blue Yamaha R1 FS 8K -NJ/NY/CT/PA Area

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showt...postid=2106704

Price Lowered to $8000 Firm
I am helping a girlfriend sell this bike after getting dicked over by her ex boyfriend. She bought the bike so that he would have something to ride and that she would have a bike to ride on the back of. Well, they are no longer together and she is stuck with the bike and payments. I was going to take it off her hands but I really don't need another bike to race since I use my 600 in the Unlimited Superbike class anyway. And on top of that it would just be another bike that I would have to race prep and all of my current funds are going into my 600.

The bike is clean and is completely stock. Mileage is around 4000 but I will get an exact number in the not so far future. Last I looked it was at 2500 in August and I know it has had some use since but I am sure it has not been used that much.

The only notable thing I want to point out is a scratch on the right rear portion of the tail section. Her boot had a metal clasp or something that scratched the paint and surface but this is something that can easily be touched up or just covered with a sticker or some vinyl. Pretty minimal but I just want everyone to know the full deal. I am not looking to cover or hide anything.

The bike is currenly located in Wallingford, CT but I am bringing it back down here by me in North Jersey pretty soon. I can help out with delivery for a minimal cost but of course, pick up is preferred.

The bike is currently on lien by Yamaha Finance and the account will be closed upon sale of the bike. Yamaha typically takes 2 weeks to send the title after closing out a yamaha card account. So the bike will be sold with the lien title and a (notarized) bill of sale stating that the clear title will be delivered by Yamaha Finance. The buyer will be more than welcome to verify the closing of the account and the delivery of the title. Upon receipt of the title, she will sign it and it will be fed-exed to the buyer. If there is an express means of having the title delivered after acount closing it will be utilized.

You will see that I have a low number of posts on this site but please do not be disouraged. My low post numbers are only because I tried to help her sell this bike once before ( I was not aware of the 40 day cure time back then, then she goes and gets back togheter with him for a coupe months till this happened again) and I was also on here looking for info to help one of my friends who races and '03 R1. Feel free to check my website teamsampsonracing.com and also look for me on 600rr.net where I have over 700 posts. You can also check out myspace.com/roadracerx for more info about me. You can also go to teampromotion.com and scroll to the bottom for a recently published article by me. I am a track and riding coach for the club.
I am a stand up guy and racer and not looking to **** anyone over or scam anyone. Everything is legit and I assure you of that. I am just helping out a friend who got screwed by an a**hole of an ex boyfriend.

Please email me at [email protected] if you are interested since I don't get on here too often. You can also call me at 973-704-1555 if you have any questions. This will probably be the fastest and easiest way to get a hold of me.

I will be at the Intl MC Show at the Javitiz Center in NY on Friday Jan 20th and could deliver the bike at that point. Or you are more than welcome to come speak to me about it. You will be able to find me at the Team ProMotion booth (I am a track coach). It will be real hard to miss us as we will have our rig in there and are taking up 12 booth spaces.

Asking price is $8500 or Best Offer. Payment will be accepted by direct bank-to-bank wire transfer (no western union crap or shady escrow account stuff) or cash only. I will not deal with money orders or cashiers checks. I have just heard too many stories of fraudulent cashiers checks and money orders and I am not going to allow my friend to get screwd over any more than she already has.

If you are thinking about putting this on your credit card I will do this though. I will set up a private ebay auction with a buy-it-now on the agreed upon buying price. The final cost will be the agreed upon price plus the auction fees plus the withdrawl fee of 2.9-3%. In the case of an $8500 sale price it will be plus $255 in paypal fees plus the auction amount. The funds must then clear paypal and the withdrawl acount so that the title may be ordered. When the title is delivered, it will be presented with the bike and a bill of sale. This way the buyer and seller both remain protected. During the cure process you will recive a tentaive bill of sale with the vin numbers and notary stamp acknowleding receipt of your payment.

This is a great bike and I had a lot of fun for the few hundred miles that I rode it. If you're in the market for one of these then I shouldn't need to tell you how awesome the power delivery on this bike is. If you have any questions then email me or call me.
-Eric Sampson

I can also ship this bike via forward air or another freight carrier such as Fed Ex customs critical. Payment must be secured and cleared before the bike will be released though. Forward air is my shipper of choice as they have metal bike crates for shipping and have a lot of shipping depots. Check out www.forwardair.com for more info.
Shipping will be actual plus a set of tie downs, bar harness and padlocks for the crate and $50 termial delivery fee.

I also forgot to add that there is the balance of the factory warranty that is through June I think.and it is able to be extended up to 4 years. In the event that you buy the bike I can put you in touch with a friend of mine who is the sales manager for my local yamaha dealer and he will give you a good rate on an extended warranty.

I will also throw in a set of tires. You can take your pick from either a set of street dunlop 208's, 218's or a set of take off Pirelli Supercorsa Pro's. The Dunlops have maybe 400 miles on them and the take-off's are only a weekend old with plenty of life left in them. All the center tread is there and the sidewalls are still real healthy. I use them on all my street bikes and for track days after my race weekends.

NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/ASRA #973
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
someone buy this fuggin bike

NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/ASRA #973
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 08:17 PM
homerjay4242

if i was not trying to sell mine and if i were in the market for a new bike i would buy it.. bump..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page