Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 01:11 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
FS: 2005 Race-Ready 600RR W/ Warranty $8000

2005 CBR 600RR W/ Factory Warranty
Located in Wayne, NJ 07470

I am asking $8000 for the bike in Race Trim. Add $800 for ALL of the stock parts. This includes the complete set of bodywork, rear seat, exhaust, stator cover, brake lines, headlight, tailight, license plate assembly, turn signals, mirrors, stock fork springs, rear shock and sprockets.

So for $8800 you can have a complete turn-key race bike PLUS all of the stuff to put the bike back into stock trim.

Over $3500 in extras!
Hotbodies Race Body Work ($1K)
Factory Pro Velocity Stacks (250)
Elka Trip-Clicker Rear Shock ($900)
Traxxion Dynamics .95 Springs ($125)
Jardine SS Slip-On ($300)
Vortex Adjustable Rearsets ($350)
NRC Stator Cover ($125)
Woodcraft Clutch & Water Pump Guard ($110)
Woodcraft Frame Sliders ($100)
Swingarm Sliders & Spools ($20)
Woodcraft clipons ($150)
15/45 Gearing ($75)
Galfer Direct Screw In Superbike Lines ($125)
Full Safety Wired

Optional Spare parts include:
1 set of wheels, rotors, cush drives & sprockets
1 New Double Bubble Clear Race Screen
Scotts(ohlins) Steering Dampener Mount (top clamp mount)
Custom LED License Plate Bracket for use with race bodywork for street use

This bike was used for one season and was bought new by me in April '05. It saw a small handful of track days ( I coach with Team Pro Motion so my track days are relatively mild due to coaching beginner and intermediate riders) and 7 race weekends totalling about 21 races.

This bike is extrememly capable and I took home 16 trophies out of 21 races with it beating many people with way more money and mods in their bikes than mine. This bike absolutely rips, especially since the installation of the velocity stacks of which was right before my last race weekend. Since installing them, the bike just power wheelies in first gear by rolling on the throttle.

The bike was in absolute imamculate condition until the last race of the year. I was trying to get by an r1 for second when I lowsided. The result; some rashed up body work, a broken stock clip on, worn down frame slider, a tiny bit of rash on the right side woodcraft engine guard ( NOT Cover! yeah woodcraft for making this piece!) a bent rear brake lever and a damaged exhaust canister.

It really sounds way worse than it is and the bike has already had a new jardine slip-on installed, new woodcraft clip-ons, newframe woodcraft frame sliders (the good expensive ones from woodcraft that mount on solid billet posts with solid pucks) and I straightened the brake lever on the right rearset.

The only thing that you would be left having to do is paint the race bodywork. I raced the entire season with it primer grey, so all you will have to do is remove the decals, re-prime it, maybe do a little bit of filler work to clean up the rash then paint it your choice of color. Pretty easy stuff. It was pretty much immaculate until my little spill. But hey, such is racing. Your other optin would be to sell this body work for a few hundred and pick up a new set for cheap.

Another bonus is that I purchased the Elka shock new from a Canadian Superbike Racer sponsored by Elka. Elka told me they have new valving specs and that they would revlave it at no cost to their upgraded specs based upon Candian Superbike champ Steve Crevier's bike. They will probably also swap the spring for you if need be for a minimal cost.

I put about 700 break-in miles on it before dissasembling it and race prepping it. During break-in the bike never went above 7K RPM. Currently the mileage is 4200 but in reality is much lower than that. I did the gearing conversion after the break-in and you know how that throws things off. But I did ride the bike on the street as well with the race gearing and this is where a majority of the mileage came from. This number would be off by approximately 10-13%. stock 16/43 =688 teeth, 15/45 gearing=675 teeth. So real mileage is more like 3500.

I still have all of the stock parts that were taken off after breaking the bike in on the street. The logical thing for me to do would be to return the bike to stock and then sell off all my race parts, but I figured I might as well see if anyone was interested in a turn-key supersport-legal bike first. Purchasing all of my stock parts is also an option.

The bike was maintained rigoursly as I was a Honda Service Manager. Regular oil changes, fluid maintaniace, chain adjustments, brake bleeding, etc were all part of the regular routine. THE ENGINE HAS NEVER BEEN OPENED TO RETAIN THE WARRANTY.

The factory warranty is good through April and you can still renew it for an additonal 48 months. I could probably get you a discount on it if you wanted to go that route as I am friends with the Honda sales manager of whom I also race with.

I can ship the bike via forwardair.com or fedex customs critical or the method of your choice. I was also assist with delivery in a reasonable distance, meet part way or whatever. I will be going up to Mass for the LRRS Series Banquet in 2 weeks so thats an option as well.

Payment will be by bank-to-bank wire transfer or in person with cash. I would except paypal if you pay the withdrawl fees and get clearance from your bank or lender with me on the line, verifying the release of the funds. 5 business days after the funds clear the bike will be released. This is to prevent payment fraud. If paying by paypal I will set up a private ebay auction to conduct the transaction through so that I have seller protection.

Bike is located in Wayne, NJ 07470. You are welcome to come inspect the bike for yourself at any time.

A number of the members on this board can attest to seeing this bike go in person. Gbord, Dayrock and EazyE all saw me down at VIR running 1:38's with it which is podium territory in a WERA Superstock C event or CCS MW event.

This is a phenomonal deal and will make someone really happy. If you have any questions, please PM me and I will be glad to give you a call.

Here's a video clip of the bike in action during one of my first races ever at Loudon's New Hampshire International Speedway.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...9514687&q=lrrs

NE/Mid-Atlantic CCS/ASRA #973
2006 NE CCS/LRRS Amateur Champion
MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 12:30 AM
Pocketbike Racer

great deal and bike!

2012 CBR1000RR (Street)
2008 GSXR600 (Street/Track)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 12:54 AM
World Superbike Racer

wow great deal, *bump*

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Someone want to take advantage of this great deal? Please.

MW SuperSport, MW Superbike, MW Grand Prix, HW SuperSport, HW Superbike, UNL SuperSport, UNL Superbike

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 05:37 PM
ME2

wanna sell me all the street parts for that $800? assuming the condition is good that is
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2006, 07:36 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
You gonna try the R6? Or just a new RR?

Fire Coming Out Of The Monkeys Head
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 01:53 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME2
wanna sell me all the street parts for that $800? assuming the condition is good that is
The street parts are being offered initially with the bike as a package deal. If someone buys the bike and doesn't want the street stuff, it will be sold separate and it's brand spanking new on the shelf.

So buy the bike and you can have a great deal on a set of stock plastics.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayrock
You gonna try the R6? Or just a new RR?
I have been thinking about that new R6 pretty seriously. But I have also been looking at Jamie Hacking's '05 R6. I only have a couple days to decide on it and can't really do much until I sell this one. It'll cost me 5 grand to get the new R6 race ready to my liking while Hacking's bike has over 20K into it and is a steal for the price. I would just pick it up and worry about selling the RR piece by piece if I didnt have all my money tied up in my business.

If I end up keeping this bike another season it won't be the end of the world though. I can still seem to make it go plenty fast.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 10:16 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
A fully race ready R6 is hard to pass up... that's for sure. Good luck with your sale and hopefully see you soon!

Fire Coming Out Of The Monkeys Head
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 11:48 AM

Where do you get to be able to buy bikes like that?? I.E> Where would you find Jamie Hackings bike for sale?

BTW
Bump for good deal..........
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-11-2006, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadRR
Where do you get to be able to buy bikes like that?? I.E> Where would you find Jamie Hackings bike for sale?

BTW
Bump for good deal..........
Through someone who knows Chuck Graves. Thanks for the bump.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page