FS: 2009 CBR600RR C-ABS, HRC colors - 600RR.net
Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
FS: 2009 CBR600RR C-ABS, HRC colors

For sale in Italy – buyers from other countries are welcome to visit and see it, but I am not prepared to deal with any international issues.

I am putting my 2009 CBR600RR (C-ABS) up for sale. It's the red, white and blue HRC-colored version. I bought the bike used in April of 2012 from a dealer and have used it primarily in mountain passes. It hasn't seen a track (at least while I've owned it) and has not been driven in the city except to escape from it. The bike has not been down, but has been tipped, resulting in some minor scratching/discoloration on the left side – see pics. Apart from that, it's in very good condition cosmetically and runs perfectly.

Details:

• It has relatively new Metzeler M5s and the brake pads were replaced recently (I think about 2000km ago) so it will run for some time without the usual maintenance costs. The tires are very good in the twisties and stick well in wet weather.
  • Comes with a gear indicator, well worn tank pad (the tank is happily not worn as a result), a tail tidy (F/E), and a Honda alarm with the 2 remote controls. I can include a battery charger if requested.
  • Other accessories visible in pics will be included if bought for €6000: Rizoma Zero11 rear indicators; Rizoma grips; Rizoma brake guard; LighTech adjustable rear sets (excellent grip and feel); Barracuda indicator mirrors. All original parts are also available.
  • The bike has some minor scratches in these locations: tail; left side fairing – red part, along edge; left side lower; front fender. The tail is due to feet hitting it while getting on and is a very minor detail. The front fender got scratched by the disc lock bumping it and has a very small crack, not even really visible. The left side scratches and discoloration are from a tip while parking.
  • Other accessories available for purchase with bike or as part of negotiation: Moto-D camera/phone mount; bike cover; 2 long chains to lock it; 1 disc lock.

Price: €6000.
VIN: JH2PC4OE89K200562
KM: 31,100km / 19300 miles (more or less)

Two dealers have told me they would sell it for a little more than this (I guess €6500) if I put it in their show room for sale. The price can be negotiated if you can show me a better deal in the area or if you are not interested in some of the aftermarket parts; you can suggest which you'd like to keep and pay for or which you'd like to have removed and what change in price you think is reasonable.

Examples of scratches and discoloration (due to polishing too much to remove scratches...):

For the most part, it's in beautiful condition.

Imagine yourself on her, rolling over the Stelvio Pass like I did.

Vid filmed about 3 weeks ago on Stelvio Pass - last ride. Sound edited to clean it up; it's not as deep as this and has a stock exhaust. Stickers, subframe and passenger peg coloring and tank grips removed since the last pic was taken. Kriega bag not included.

Last edited by Maaku; 11-24-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 12:51 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice bike, that is one nasty, narrow road, no centre line? Are you still coming to Vancouver? Hope you sell it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-07-2013, 02:58 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuck and roll View Post
Nice bike, that is one nasty, narrow road, no centre line? Are you still coming to Vancouver? Hope you sell it.
Hey, hey, thanks for the bump!

Yes, the plan is definitely to be in Vancouver next year - I need to sell the bike and clear up a few things here in Italy, but maybe spring or summer. I've had a few offers for the bike (one of which was not too bad, which I'm considering for later if he's still interested in the spring and willing to talk), but 2 others were undecently low (one from a dealer) - to the point where I might as well park the bike at my relatives home and use it in the summer in Europe to save money on rentals if I visit. If I can't move by spring, I'll go on a massive cross-Europe ride on my bike to see places I haven't had a chance to, then park her with a lot more km and take a hit on a sale in the UK

I realize the price looks high from the perspective of some markets, but it is more or less the market value, the bike runs perfectly and I'm willing to negotiate - bigger drop with removal of aftermarket parts if anyone's interested.

Let's say €5500 now.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

The bike has been sold.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page