'04 Blue 600RR NorCal w/damage feeler - 600RR.net
Motorcycles for Sale Items for sale by forum members

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
*sold*

bike is sold

Last edited by FlyLow; 05-29-2006 at 12:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-27-2006, 08:32 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
make it a track bike

X
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 04:30 AM

great to see your ok. take it easy bro.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 09:14 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
How much are u asking for it?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 09:22 AM
Nemesis

26K miles???

If the insurance company tells you it's not worth fixing and they want to total it, DO NOT claim it. Deny their offer and just fix it yourself. Why??? Cuz your insurance will go up if you claim it. Trust me on this.

Also, you wouldn't get much if you sold the bike because you got 26K miles (something may give out...depending how hard you've ridden the bike), chain has to be replaced, sprocket, pistons (maybe), bodywork fixed, etc.

DIY, make it work for you. If you don't want to deal with it, I'll give you $1500 as is.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
26K miles???

If the insurance company tells you it's not worth fixing and they want to total it, DO NOT claim it. Deny their offer and just fix it yourself. Why??? Cuz your insurance will go up if you claim it. Trust me on this.

Also, you wouldn't get much if you sold the bike because you got 26K miles (something may give out...depending how hard you've ridden the bike), chain has to be replaced, sprocket, pistons (maybe), bodywork fixed, etc.

DIY, make it work for you. If you don't want to deal with it, I'll give you $1500 as is.
Yeah, it probably would end up costing me more in the long run if I claim it, thanks.

I replaced the chain and sprockets already and they have less than 1,000 miles on them (RK 520 conversion, -1 in front) and the unlimited mileage warranty until September 2009 from Honda is transferable. The $1,500 offer is amusing though :)
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLow
The $1,500 offer is amusing though :)
I thought so too but guess what, that's around what the insurance company will offer you as a buy back price. Something to think about, huh? :)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Red face

I should have posted this in the General Discussion forum instead. WTF was I thinking asking a bunch of cheap bastards for help in setting a realistic price in the "for sale" section?

I was thinking about selling the Corbin seat and PCIII first. Then, after straightening out the brackets and using epoxy to repair the front signal and rear cowl, offering it up locally for around $4,800.

Thoughts anyone???
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:49 AM

i am intersted in the power commander... PM ME
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 11:54 AM
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyLow
I should have posted this in the General Discussion forum instead. WTF was I thinking asking a bunch of cheap bastards for help in setting a realistic price in the "for sale" section?

I was thinking about selling the Corbin seat and PCIII first. Then, after straightening out the brackets and using epoxy to repair the front signal and rear cowl, offering it up locally for around $4,800.

Thoughts anyone???
Here's a thought: Just do it.

And FWIW, I sold my RR which had 16,000 less than yours and in way better condition and I sold it for $3800. Why? Cuz it wasn't worth more than that--lowsided a few times but fixed right back up.

Your bikes not worth $4800 I'll tell you right now but if some stupid guy comes along and pays that then good for you. So, that's why I'm saying "JUST DO IT".

And the warranty means nothing because if something did go wrong with the bike they'd say it was wear and tear, and it would not be covered under warranty.

You got nothing to lose. Best wishes.

Last edited by Nemesis; 05-28-2006 at 11:57 AM.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 12:39 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis
Here's a thought: Just do it.

And FWIW, I sold my RR which had 16,000 less than yours and in way better condition and I sold it for $3800. Why? Cuz it wasn't worth more than that--lowsided a few times but fixed right back up.

Your bikes not worth $4800 I'll tell you right now but if some stupid guy comes along and pays that then good for you. So, that's why I'm saying "JUST DO IT".

And the warranty means nothing because if something did go wrong with the bike they'd say it was wear and tear, and it would not be covered under warranty.

You got nothing to lose. Best wishes.
I've seen bikes with salvage titles and rash sell for $4,500 here in CA. I do think used bikes sell for way too much. That's why I bought a new bike insted of spending the cash on fixing this one. But there are people out there willing do do a little work to save some cash. But, not me. But, I will not dump it cheap. Instead, I would convert it to a dedicated track bike.
Thanks for the best wishes. Peace bro.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-28-2006, 05:58 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
No offense bro but you wouldn't get $4,800 IF the bike hadn't been crashed... Mileage like that will scare off alot of buyers (even though we know Honda can run for tens of thousands more.)

Goodluck with the sale and please prove me wrong - cause that means my never dropped '03 with 3k miles will sell for $7k.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page