Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

lil oil leak

956 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jling2967 
#1 ·
i currently have a lil oil leak on my bike. it's coming from a screw on the case cover my question is if i put gasket sealer on the screw and a lil on the rim will that stop the leak? if you have any other suggestions please let me know. thank you

#2 ·
Do not apply it to the screw, that will make it a pita to get the screw off / put and risk you breaking it ....

do it right, remove the cover and apply gasket sealer propler on gasket surfaces.

G
#4 ·
Replace all of the broken stuff and fix it right. If you can't get the bolts off right, cut them off. Pull the cover off then get the stud of the bolt out. Then do yourself a favor, cut a hole in your fairings and use no cut sliders.

#5 ·
:+1:

If you go doing a half arsed job now you will only regret it down the track, and no just putting honda bond on there won't work.

Remove the cover, replace it if its damaged (good excuse for woodcrafts'?), along with the damaged bolts and get cut sliders.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.