Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

anyone gone with custom motofansclub fairings?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  infinate719 
#1 ·
has anyone out there gone with a set of custom motofansclub fairings? something that they've never made before until you asked them? i'm very nervous and hesitant. any info helps, thanks

#2 ·
#3 ·
Yo bro,

hey kali thanks,

yeah Im working with them communication is pretty good, they are on a different time zone so you will get messages around 7pm PST,

just be clear in what you want, and send pictures and designs. Hit up the photoshop thread and ask if they can help, IRISH is the man, hook him up if he does any work for you, he is in college notre, and it would help,

Here is my design, as it stand now,

Ill have to post it up later as photobucket is having issues,

#4 ·
That looks sick Suuscbr!

Just a thought, if your getting custom work done, I'd go with a US company. Cbrfairings has a good rep, as well as Nicecycle. They both have USA reps and they'll be sure your order is correct.

GL, let us know how it pans out.

#5 ·
I was thinking that as well, but they are a bit more in price from the Customs.

CBRfairings are from china, my only issue with them was, I emailed them my design, and called and left several messages, they nevr replied, nor called me back, still hasnt, its been over a month, and I left more than 4 messages,

I emailed motofans, got a response in less that 24 hours. I email them and get a response no more than 24 hours sometimes we chat, which is good communication,

nicecycle they are around 800, way out of my range,

motofans has the deal going!!!!

and yes I will be putting up a full detailed review of the complete transaction, they know this, hahahah

#8 ·
awesome, like it a lot :thumbup:
always, cool to see the process from start to end - especially since down the line i might be considering some plastics as well (custom of course, that's why i want to see)...

#9 ·
I agree I think its important to list these things, even if it was a positive experience,

to many times do you see this but only when it went south,

hopefully motofans does me right, and we have a smooth transaction, Im all for pushing a good company,

good luck everyone who put their faith in humanity, its a gamble everytime, hahaha

#10 · (Edited)
I had a great experience with MotoFansClub making me a custom set for my old '06.

Great communication. Great price. Got progress updates, and a final photo of the fairings for me to okay before they were shipped. Received fairings about a week later. Overall, it took just about 1 month from date of payment to opening box.

Oh and all those "american" fairing companies order from the same chinese places, wouldnt be surprised if they were the same people. Hell, MotoFans and Auctmart are the same company AFAIK -- many people (me included) have received emails from MotoFans with an Auctmarts signature. Just goes to show you cant always believe what you see.

#11 ·
I had a great experience with MotoFansClub making me a custom set for my old '06.

Great communication. Great price. Got progress updates, and a final photo of the fairings for me to okay before they were shipped. Received fairings about a week later. Overall, it took just about 1 month from date of payment to opening box.

nice how was the fitment? do you have a thread of them arriving, post a link,

Im almost there, just waiting for paint to be complete, then they come home, hahah

#12 ·
The fitment was actually fairly good, I was surprised.

Yes, they will be "tighter" than OEM on your first couple fits, but are known to "break in" once on the bike and been ridden. I did not have an issue with the tightness of the fit, other than the tail scared me quite a bit at first. OEM is already sketchy with flexing the tail to get it off, the chinese one is more stiff so honestly felt like I was going to break it at first. However, it got easier the more I did it.

As far as hole placement, it was also surprisingly good. A couple holes had leftover plastic from the injection process that you need to clear out, and I believe there was one hole on the bottom fairing at the rear tire that I needed to drill out because the hole was too small for the plastic rivet that goes in it.

All in all, I barely touched the dremel, and it wasn't as bad as people make it out to be. Yeah it takes a good couple hours beginning to end, you may throw some sporadic curse words, get a bit frustrated at times, but its all in good fun. haha

I also lined the lowers and mids with aluminum heat tape. It is not required but I wanted a little bit more piece of mind just incase.

G
#14 ·
I had mine done through Motofans and I thought everything went great. Fitment, shipping time, paint, communication, price....ALL:thumbup:. I sent them two slides from powerpoint showing everything I wanted. I had the pic with text boxes describing what decals I wanted and where and what colors I wanted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.