Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 06:35 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 17 reviews
j'neer

(Backwards, start from the bottom)

On Mon, May 5, 2008 at 2:48 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
You were shipped out a new tail light. The lens is the same but you do have a new housing with new circuit board. These tail lights are built by hand, in house. Quality is as good as it will get unless we drop $20,000 to get these parts injection molded; and we don't have that kind of money. Our company decided to build these parts because people asked us to and because there is nothing else like it built specifically for the 600rr. These parts all come out of the same mold, they will all be the exact same. Since there is nothing wrong with your tail light, you can return it in exchange for a new tail light at the cost of a 10% restocking fee. We do not reiemburse shipping fees for this kind of situation. If you want a refund, send your tail light back. You will get a refund minus the 10% restocking fee (refer to our disclaimer we sent you along with the installation instructions).
Respectfully,
-CS-
J'Neer

On Sat May 3 14:05 , 'Rich' sent:
I recently returned a defective tail-light with an understanding that it would be replaced, not repaired. I would not have any complaints if my old one was repaired properly, however, it is not much better than when it was sent out to you. The lens are still not flush -- one side is still visibly uneven. If I was told outright that I was it would be repaired instead of replaced, I would have gladly overlooked this flaw: "I'll be waiting for your light, we'll get your new one out immediatly upon recieving your old light in the mail." For $200 I would expect a quality product and higher level of workmanship...Again, I have only heard good things about your product and loved it - when it wasn't broken - and would love to support your company; however, my experience has not been good so far, to say the least.
I would like either a refund or a new replacement light sent out ASAP - either way, with my shipping paid for. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Rich

On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 12:51 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
No problem Rich, we'll get it back to you as fast as possible :)
-CS-
J'Neer

On Tue Apr 29 04:24 , 'Rich' sent:
Sent it out. I'd really appreciate it if you send it out expedited shipping.

Thanks!
Rich

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 7:48 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
I can appreciate your situation, unfortunately we need to wait for you to return your tail light first. I hope you can see it from our perspective. Its not that we dont trust you and we can obviously see the light is not properly operable but for a fair exchange we need to get your package shipped to use first so we can ship another one back to you.
Can you please put a note in the box explaining what we discussed when you ship your light out to us.
I'll be waiting for your light, we'll get your new one out immediatly upon recieving your old light in the mail.
Sorry you can't ride this weekend; I know the feeling :(
-Josh-
J'Neer
C/O jShort
4555 Vandever Ave
11A
San Diego, CA 92120

On Thu Apr 24 19:56 , 'Rich' sent:
Great. Is there any way you guys could send it out now, so I can get it faster? The weather's great and I'm just itching to ride. Unfortunately I sold my stock lights and am left with nothing...I'm planning on sending the light out tomorrow.

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:50 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:
Oh yeah, I can guarentee that's a deformed lens. It was probably taken out of the mold a little to early. Send your light back, we'll replace it ASAP.
-Josh-
J'Neer
C/O jShort
4555 Vandever Ave
11A
San Diego, CA 92120

On Thu Apr 24 12:22 , 'Rich' sent:
OK, so I finally had time to see what was up with the light today. Took off the tail and saw that the red plastic lens was starting to pull away from the housing...I'll admit it was fine when I got it in the mail, but I've put less than 20 miles on the thing...pictures attached. Would it be possible to send it out to you guys for a replacement? I've heard only good things about your product on 600rr.net and surprised that this happened.

Thanks,
Rich

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 1:23 PM, <[email protected]> wrote:

Whoah,
This is quite honestly the first time we've recieved this question. Can you please send us some pictures of the tail light installed on the battery tray and some pictures of the tail light completly installed with the tail fairing in place. It's probably just a case of miscutting I'm sure. Let us take a look :)
-Customer Support-
J'Neer

On Sat Apr 19 22:51 , 'Rich' sent:
Hi, I just recently installed your TL and it does not fit flush no matter what i do...I've drilled the holes in the proper places, but the light pops out from under the tail a good 1/2 cm or so. Do I have the shave the inside of the cowl? Any help would be appreciated. I really like your product, but I'd like it to sit completely flush as in the pics I've seen...

Thanks,
Rich

Apparently these guys can neither spell nor provide any sort of justifiable customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 07:41 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Rich
I am sorry to read about your bad exp & i hope these guys come
thru and get the situation resolved to your satisfaction

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 09:46 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Man, I was thinking about hooking myself up with one of
J'Neer tail lights. Maybe not now. I guess they need some
real world R&D.

2007 Red & Black CBR600RR

Arrow Carby Race Exhaust
Tapeworks Silver Wing Shadows
Lockhart Phillips Flush Mount Blinkers
Tkisbmf Fender Eliminator
Clear DB Puig Windscreen
Vortex Rearsets - Silver

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 10:45 AM
cnk
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I've got a first generation Hangar/J'Neer light and have not had any issues. I will state that it was made very clear that these were hand made which means that there will be slight imperfections. This was all before production was handed over to J'Neer so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Here are some pics of my light installed for reference. It would probably help if you posted up your pics for comparison.

2007 Pearl White

OEM seat cowl
HRC CF trim set
R&G aero sliders, cotton reels, bar ends, swingarm protectors
Pazzo shorties
Cox radiator guard
White reflective rim tape
Tripage IT
Tripage adjustable FE
Akrapovic S/O
Dynojet PC3 USB
PAIR plates
Watsen flushmounts
Techspec pads
5000K DDM HID's
Woodcraft clutch/stator covers, rearsets, and shark fin
Ohlins 25mm fork cartridges
Ohlins TTX rear shock
HEL SS brake lines
Brembo RCS19 MC
Gilles TECA chain adjusters and crash pads
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 02:32 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sorry you had a bad situation with the tail light watdawaq. We have not heard back from you since our last email. Like all companies, we can't please everyone. We did everything in our power to make you happy and we're still trying to work with you. We try to be reasonable and fair. Sometimes, a few great customers, like you, may have a bad experience and we try to do what we can to make everyone happy. So, Please PM us or reply to our last email if you have any furtehr questions or concerns.

Respectfully
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I'm going to sound like an idiot for even saying this but I'm not mechanically inclined so when I first tried to install my light I actually put it upside down. It took me a minute to figure how dumb I was. I can't see how it doesn't fit since I thought all the lights are made from the same mold. I could understand if it wasn't sealed properly of it there was internal damage. But then again, I'm no expert. I'm sure if you show us pics of how you installed it Josh and/or others would be able to help.

R.I.P Phatty
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 01:56 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Freak;1619583
[COLOR=#0000ff
J'Neer tail lights. Maybe not now. I guess they need some[/COLOR]
real world R&D.
dont be so quick to judge there.
Hanger got some real R&D more so then many other company out there, and it happen right here on this fourm. I was able to offer some crash parts (rear cowl and battery tray) for them in the begging to make a mack up model and test fit the thing. just because you were not here at the time and did not went thru their processes does not mean it did not happen.

RIP Phatty

Said whaaaa!!!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:59 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I stand corrected, real world consumer R&D

2007 Red & Black CBR600RR

Arrow Carby Race Exhaust
Tapeworks Silver Wing Shadows
Lockhart Phillips Flush Mount Blinkers
Tkisbmf Fender Eliminator
Clear DB Puig Windscreen
Vortex Rearsets - Silver

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:35 PM
cnk
AMA Supersport Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Freak View Post
I stand corrected, real world consumer R&D
You'd be corrected there as well as they tested on a few members' bikes first, then the first batch of 20 were sent out. They have made changes to the lights since those first batches based on feedback they received.

As for the OP's concern. . .to be honest, my light's lens does extend a tiny bit below the edge. But the point of the flush mount light was not meant to mean that it would sit perfectly flush even, but that it would fit without distorting your rear tail plastic like the 06 lights do. The 06 lights also leave a large gap at the very top whereas the Hangar light fits perfectly. Having the light sit 1/2cm below is not even noticeable. If it were 1/2" sure, but 1/2cm. . .that's a bit nit picky if you ask me. If you don't like the light, then return it and get the 06 light. . .then you can complain when your rear seat/cowl doesn't fit anymore or how there's a large gap at the very end of the tail.

2007 Pearl White

OEM seat cowl
HRC CF trim set
R&G aero sliders, cotton reels, bar ends, swingarm protectors
Pazzo shorties
Cox radiator guard
White reflective rim tape
Tripage IT
Tripage adjustable FE
Akrapovic S/O
Dynojet PC3 USB
PAIR plates
Watsen flushmounts
Techspec pads
5000K DDM HID's
Woodcraft clutch/stator covers, rearsets, and shark fin
Ohlins 25mm fork cartridges
Ohlins TTX rear shock
HEL SS brake lines
Brembo RCS19 MC
Gilles TECA chain adjusters and crash pads
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-12-2008, 12:06 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I have had a couple emails with j'neer and they have been great. Too bad you had a negative experience but it does sound like they are trying to help out. I don't know the whole story... I am sure they are more than happy to help you out. Plus this is one of the first times I have ever heard of a negative experience of their product. I am still planning on ordering one of these!

The DSLR Lounge ['(O)] - Ask questions about DSLRs and tell about what you shoot with!

mjoyphotography.com[/U]- My Photos - please comment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page