Is j'neer or iwinmoto in business? - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 06:28 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Is j'neer or iwinmoto in business?

Like the title says, is anyone of these in business? I tried contacting both and I haven't gotten a reply yet. I had a j'neer tail light but it broke when I crashed my bike. I've been thinking of ordering another one, but so far it seems like they are not in business anymore. Anybody knows?
I am aware of the of the Jamison situation splitting from j'neer. Do you think this might have to do with it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Demented

J'neer is still in business. Can't say anything about iwin.
post #3 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-23-2008, 01:04 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
I received an e-mail on Sunday from a question on Friday.

post #4 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 06:14 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
We're still in business. We get backed up with emails a lot of times. We'll get your emails eventually, it just depends on how many people emailed us before you. Let us know what ya' need. :D
post #5 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'Neer View Post
We're still in business. We get backed up with emails a lot of times. We'll get your emails eventually, it just depends on how many people emailed us before you. Let us know what ya' need. :D
What's up Josh,

I emailed you guys about my tail. Also gave you a call.

Thanks
-Matt
post #6 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 12:12 AM

Hi guys! yup we're still in business! In fact we're just getting started! We are putting the final touches on product automation and fine tuning production. We had issues with our email filing some messages in a spam folder and we've changed the client. Shouldn't be any issue. Our tail light looks better and brighter than ever. Whatever tail light you guys choose, I'm sure you will be satisfied.

We've just completed a new photo shoot so look out for new pictures and video within days!

Cheers!
-iWin Motorcycle Parts
post #7 of 92 (permalink) Old 06-29-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWin Moto View Post
Hi guys! yup we're still in business! In fact we're just getting started! We are putting the final touches on product automation and fine tuning production. We had issues with our email filing some messages in a spam folder and we've changed the client. Shouldn't be any issue. Our tail light looks better and brighter than ever. Whatever tail light you guys choose, I'm sure you will be satisfied.

We've just completed a new photo shoot so look out for new pictures and video within days!

Cheers!
-iWin Motorcycle Parts
Wait.... Is your tail light a direct copy of the Hangar / J'Neer light?

If so...damn....thats harsh.
The picture on your website looks to be the exact one on the Hangar / J'Neer ads on this site.

Damn dude... Harsh.
post #8 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-03-2008, 08:14 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ra88it View Post
Wait.... Is your tail light a direct copy of the Hangar / J'Neer light?

If so...damn....thats harsh.
The picture on your website looks to be the exact one on the Hangar / J'Neer ads on this site.

Damn dude... Harsh.
Agreed x2 Harsh!

post #9 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yeah then posting in the J'neer section of the forum... that's greasy
post #10 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-07-2008, 01:51 AM

I can't believe that this is allowed to go on.
Wow.
post #11 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:36 PM

the title of this post is asking about iwin too he was only responding to that question. " Is j'neer or iwinmoto in business?" and also each light is different jneer has the blinkers seperated a little more while i win is the whole half the light.
post #12 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Knee Dragger

Angry Here's what J'Neer ssent me....and won't take back

I received my tail light from J'Neer on Thursday 7/3 and feel like I have been more than patient trying to get this issue resolved privately as it has been 6 business days as of today.

I had my bike apart ready for the tail light to be installed when it arrived Thursday 7/3 but quickly noticed a defect in the light when it arrived. I emailed J'Neer immediately at 3:58pm EST (11:58am PST where they are).
I received the tail light today (thanks for the quick shipping) however it looks as though during the molding process either enough material wasn’t poured in or it was heated too much. The lense looks like someone took a lighter to it and melted about a 3/16” diameter circle from it. I can send pictures tonight around 7pm EST when my brother gets home from school with the digital camera or I can try and take pictures with my camera phone.

Is there anyway you could provide me with a shipping label to return this and send me a new one out today?

Ryan XXXXX
CELL: XXX.XXX.XXXX

I decided I would go ahead and send them a camera phone picture and sent this email to them the same day at 4:28pm EST (12:28pm PST).
I attached a camera phone image for the time being of the defect mentioned in the previous email. Please call me at XXX.XXX.XXXX .

Ryan

After still not hearing from them I sent them a PM on 600rr.net on Tuesday 7/8 hoping this method of contact would work (keep in mind this is 4 business days after the initial email was sent). When Wednesday came and I still had not heard from them I sent them the following email:
I sent you an email on Friday 7/3 immediately when I opened the package with a picture and description of the problem. It is now Wednesday and I have not heard back from you. I don’t want to air dirty laundry on an open forum when this could simply be an overlook by QA but when you don’t respond to emails with a resolution after 6 days, 3 of them business days I don’t see any other option.

Please respond today to any of my emails I have sent you with how this is going to be resolved. Please resolve this issue for me today, I feel I have been more than patient at this point and feel like my emails and concerns are being ignored.

Ryan XXXXX (should say I sent the email 7/3 thursday and it's been 5 business days not 3 but I was in a hurry when I typed this)

It's now Thursday at 1:50PM EST (9:50 PST) and I have yet to hear from them. I feel there is no other option but to inform others of my situation and contact my credit card company, the BBB, and paypal. J'Neer I'm giving this issue until Friday (7/11) to be dealt with or I will be disputing the charge with my credit card company, paypal, and submitting a claim with the BBB. It has been 6 business days of you ignoring my emails, sorry it came to this but I've been patient.

Here is what the light looks like, for $200 I didnt expect this and feel there should be no problem with me expecting a replacement.

Last edited by marbalizer99; 07-10-2008 at 01:58 PM.
post #13 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
The sucks man, I hope it works out and they can get you a better looking one then that. I would be up[set to.

White 07 CBR600rr
post #14 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanO View Post
The sucks man, I hope it works out and they can get you a better looking one then that. I would be up[set to.
I'm trying to be understanding as I know things like this can happen in a production facility. But come on, 6 business days and not a single reply. I feel like I wasn't pestering them as I gave them Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday before I sent them another email on Wednesday. Can they really say they didn't receive 3 emails and 1 PM?

A timely replacement is all I am asking...or at this point, even an acknowledgment of the issue

(I'll update the thread with any response and resolution I receive...or don't receive from J'Neer)

Last edited by marbalizer99; 07-10-2008 at 02:04 PM.
post #15 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:03 PM
The Flying Mohawk

I sent them an e-mail a while ago asking about shipping and stuff, but they haven't responded to my e-mail either.

Customer service = 0

I had been trying to decide wether to go with Tripage or J'neer, but J'neer has decided that for me.
post #16 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:28 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

wow man... sorry to hear that. I definitely had a different experience in general with Hangar (before they gave production to J'Neer).

One thing to note (while this really doesn't change the lack of communication THAT much) is that 4th of July is not considered a business day. I would have expected some kind of response on Monday or Tuesday though. Hopefully J'Neer can make things right for you

'07 Black 600rr
post #17 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:33 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'Neer View Post
That's not acceptable. You should at least post up here that you are having problems getting to the emails in time or you need to hire or assign some one the specific task of responding to emails as a priority.

It's not good business practice to leave your customers hanging in the wind for days without a response.

Perceived or not, word of mouth gets around fast when companies have poor customer service.

:book1:
post #18 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanO View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHSpud View Post
wow man... sorry to hear that. I definitely had a different experience in general with Hangar (before they gave production to J'Neer).

One thing to note (while this really doesn't change the lack of communication THAT much) is that 4th of July is not considered a business day. I would have expected some kind of response on Monday or Tuesday though. Hopefully J'Neer can make things right for you
Yea I realized that afterwards. Still instead of 6 its been 5 business days.

Just to update, I decided to open a Paypal dispute (not a claim which is where paypal evaluates and decides on an outcome). I will give them time to respond to the dispute first.
post #19 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Wow there has been a lot of negative feedback about J'Neer
I was thinking about buying the light but because of the price and the feedback people are putting up on this forum, i'm staying away.

I want to try Iwin, but not sure about them either.
post #20 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:40 PM
Pocketbike Racer

post #21 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Knee Dragger

At this point I think I just want the Iwinmoto product. J'Neer doesn't seem to want to handle my issue and the only thing that made me choose J'Neer was their quality which at this point to me isn't even close to good. The only thing that could fix the quality was customer service, and that is non-existant.

If J'Neer doesn't fix this, I'll be purchasing the Iwinmoto pruduct for $136 shipped as that is the current price and will post install pictures on here for everyone to judge the quality.
post #22 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 02:51 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Tripage FTW....

08 Graffiti (Soon To Be White/Black)
Clear Alternatives Tail Light
Freestyle Ingenuity Stunt Cage (For Now)
Hot Bodies Flush Mounts (Smoked)
Turn Signal Mirrors
V1 Radar Detector…. A Dream Come True

600RR Mods On Hold

My Official 50Stunt Build Coming This Year!
For Sale OEM Mirrors (Left and Right)
Must buy Both

post #23 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Knee Dragger

I filled a claim with the BBB as of 3:05PM EST. The claim # is 6679273

I suggest anyone else with product delivery/quality problems with J'Neer do the same.

I will be contacting my credit card company EOB today to dispute the charge. I'm sorry but at this point I feel pushed over by J'Neer.
post #24 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 03:48 PM
I need more COWBELL!!

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Thats why I went with Tripage..and did it myself

|2007HONDA cbr600rr|
post #25 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:08 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation. I have some older lens that were used on the J’Neer light that I believe will fit your model. Just PM me your address, and we’ll get it out to you soon. I think Josh went too far and I think you were right to do this. I get a lot of e-mails complaining about the jneer light and how they can’t get a replacement or a refund. No company is perfect and sometimes there will be defective products but a good company should always replace them or at least give a refund.
-iWin Moto
post #26 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:15 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

So Tripage for me, for sure. Plus Tripage is in my town so shipping or pickup is fast.

Bike:
2008 CBR600RR "Graffiti"

Installed:
Full R&G setup
GCraft brake res
Tripage FE
Tripage LED passenger pegs
Woodcraft rearsets
20grit racing custom LED tail section
ASV shorties
Smoked windscreen
Wanted:
Galfer brake lines
Driven 520 conversion -1/+2
Akra full or SO
Bazzaz ZFi
Carrozerria GP brake mod
Wave rotors
Brembo monoblocs
Ohlins shock
post #27 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:18 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
wow. redonkulous
post #28 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:25 PM
Pocketbike Racer

sucks...i wanted the j'neer light bad! Guess iwinmoto for me too if this thing doesn't get solved. Also, because i have to get stuff shipped to the other side of the world customer service and getting orders right the first time is dead essential to me. It's a pain in the butt to return stuff to the US!

post #29 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 05:33 PM

Dammit, this post should have been around a week ago.

Look what I just got in the mail today:

Now *that* is a defect.

I emailed JNEER but have slim hopes of getting a reply now, according to what everyone here says.

What should I do? Dispute the paypal charges as well? Does anyone know if there is a phone number where JNEER can be reached?
post #30 of 92 (permalink) Old 07-10-2008, 06:57 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I ordered my tailight from j'neer last tuesday and still havent got it. so i kept emailing him to get a status on my tailight but he never emailed me back. so finally today he emails me back :

Hey Jimmy,We're not on avacation. Our system was down for a little bit. We had no contact with anyone. EVerything is in order now. I believe your unit was shipped. Send me your transaction number. I'll look you up. If your unit was not shipped I'll get it shipped out today, immediatly! LMK -Josh-

so hopefully that answers some of your questions marbalizer99

Last edited by bangbang; 07-10-2008 at 08:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page