What the hell is going on with cyclesector?!? - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What the hell is going on with cyclesector?!?

I received the speedohealer on august 11....

What the hell is going on with cyclesector?!? I ordered a speedohealer from them over a month ago now and i have emailed 5 times, called twice (from canada on a cell phone in the middle of the day which is bloody expensive), left a message for them to call me, just looking for some information on it. No one has returned any emails and they will not answer the phone. I have given them ample opportunity to contact me over the last month and nothing... I am really frustrated over this, i cannot believe any self respecting company would act this way....

2005 CBR600RR Red/Black
PC3, Scorpio(i900), Speedohealer, Renthal(S)
Watsen Designs, Clear Alternatives, T-rex(FS), FE,
Zero Gravity(DBS),
EBC(HH), BMC(Race), JT(15T), Titax/Crg.

Last edited by JinxedRacing; 08-11-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:17 PM
Ocho Cinco

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Dude... can you read other threads... they're backed up right now... calm down!

'06 Honda CBR600RR

"What's so great about normal?"
post #3 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:21 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've read the other threads. If they are that backed up then their invoice/website should note that it could take over a month for an item to be shipped so consumers can make informed decision.

08 CBR 1000RR
03 CBR 600F4i (wife's)
03 CBR 600RR - Sold
07 CBR 600RR - Sold

post #4 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Their team was at laguna seca for a week and upon return
one of the essential members left for another job your issue
will be resolved i have no doubt in that

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #5 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffRRy View Post
Dude... can you read other threads... they're backed up right now... calm down!
I have been reading, maybe you should to.... Does that explain why they have not returned a single email i have sent in the last month asking if it had even been shipped?

2005 CBR600RR Red/Black
Zero Gravity(DBS),
post #6 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think going to laguna seca might have been an overstretch of their resources...

Anyway, it's twice is as hard for me, since Scott was my only contact and he used to respond incredibly fast...now it's been more than 15 days and i have no idea where my stuff is and i also spent a butt load of money (at least for average joe, me). Still...i'm patient, a guy as nice as Scott was couldn't have possible worked for a company that will do things like these. And also all their reviews show they are among the best vendors here. I'm sure we will all get explanations and it will be an isolated event in the future.

But i can't imagine how backed up they are, to be completely off radar...

Last edited by pretzeL; 07-25-2008 at 12:35 PM.
post #7 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 12:52 PM
#2 Office Monkey!!

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Pretzel and Jinxed, shoot me a PM with your names and what you ordered and I will check on your orders for you.

post #8 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Pocketbike Racer

PM sent...thx for taking interest ;)

post #9 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:16 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
We are here, I am aware of the speedohealer and I will send it out to you by today. Yes we have been very swamped lately, and its very frustrating for me as well. I apologize for the delays but rest assurred that your speedo is coming.

Oh and pretzel, the post office held your package for some customs reasons. I went to the post office yesterday and straightened everything out. It is now on the way to you.

post #10 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:41 PM
Alcoholic.

Location: Doylestown, PA /\ NYC, NY /\ London,UK/\ Boston, MA
I've heard nothing but awesome things about these folks, and they did make notice that they were going to be in LS for a time.

I for one am happy that they are backed up, because that means more business, and more $$$ for a well run company who cares about its customers.

Glad to see it was taken care of!
Phill

Give this a read:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=113225

'07 335I Coupe: Weekend/Summer weapon (SOLD)
'08 Tacoma TRD Off Road, (SOLD)
'00 Grand Cherokee: slush and snow bucket
'09 BMW 545I Wagon, people mover
'08 Lexus RX-350, daily
'10 Sti Special Edition, New Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl Racer 159 View Post
yeah ill take one big peice of wood instead of two long skinny peices
rofl!
post #11 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:45 PM
cyclesector.com

Thanks Phill, yes our customers are top priority, and I hate seeing threads like this. We want to maintain a great reputation and we are making changes here to make sure that these delays and mistakes don't happen again.

As a new company we are still working out many kinks, but we are doing our best to take care of everyones orders ASAP.

post #12 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
We are here, I am aware of the speedohealer and I will send it out to you by today. Yes we have been very swamped lately, and its very frustrating for me as well. I apologize for the delays but rest assurred that your speedo is coming.

Oh and pretzel, the post office held your package for some customs reasons. I went to the post office yesterday and straightened everything out. It is now on the way to you.
Finally a response. I realize that you are busy, we all are. Thats fantastic for the business side of things but what about the customer? All i needed was a yep its on its way or a sorry we havent got it yet and id still have that warm fuzzy feeling about cyclesector that everyone hyped into me. Why do i feel like i have to start threatening people (with getting my money back) just to get a response??

2005 CBR600RR Red/Black
Zero Gravity(DBS),

Last edited by JinxedRacing; 07-25-2008 at 01:53 PM.
post #13 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Alcoholic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxedRacing View Post
Finally a response. I realize that you are busy, we all are. Thats fantastic for the business side of things but what about the customer? All i needed was a yep its on its way or a sorry we havent got it yet and id still have that warm fuzzy feeling about cyclesector that everyone hyped into me. Why do i feel like i have to start threatening people just to get a response??

Not that I mean to act like CC's attorney or anything, so sorry for getting involved guys. but I'd just like to point out from a 3rd party perspective.

I used to think that way about my girlfriend, I would get angry before anything ever got done. took me a while to realize getting angry was just my way of getting her attention. I chose to change and try to bring things up differently.

Your right, you don't need to start threatening people, you have your own personal options on how you write the thread bringing attention to it.

Give this a read:

'08 Lexus RX-350, daily

Quote:
rofl!
post #14 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braincrater View Post
Pretzel and Jinxed, shoot me a PM with your names and what you ordered and I will check on your orders for you.
Thanks for the interest Braincrater

2005 CBR600RR Red/Black
Zero Gravity(DBS),
post #15 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 01:57 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphiteBrawler View Post
Not that I mean to act like CC's attorney or anything, so sorry for getting involved guys. but I'd just like to point out from a 3rd party perspective.

I used to think that way about my girlfriend, I would get angry before anything ever got done. took me a while to realize getting angry was just my way of getting her attention. I chose to change and try to bring things up differently.

Your right, you don't need to start threatening people, you have your own personal options on how you write the thread bringing attention to it.
Im sorry threaten was the wrong choice of words.. i meant with getting my money back, i edited that part... here is a copy of my correspondance so you can see i was nothing but patient

(the following is my final email to them)
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 11:15 AM

Subject: Attention! Please read as i have lost my patience..

This will be my final email. If i do not receive some correspondence from cycle sector by tomorrow i will begin proceedings to recover my payment from through paypal and i will make sure to post the details of this extremely poor customer service on all motorcycle forums for everyone to read. I apologize if i come off rude but i think i have been patient long enough...
(the following is one large condensed email detailing all but my final email to them)
To: [email protected]
Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2008 4:20 PM

Subject: Very Disappointed... I have to admit that i am very disappointed with the service at cyclesector. You company came very highly recommended from some of the guys on 600rr.net and having not dealt with you in the past i thought i might make you my supplier considering your work with the cbr600rr and the website. Your website was easy to use but thats where my good experience ended. i placed and 2 orders (Your order number is 1365, placed 6/22/2008 at 8:22PM) and also needing a speedohealer which i had not seen advertised on your website decided to give you the business if you had them available instead of ordering from someone else which i did as soon as received your paypal information. I received an automated receipt for my first 2 orders however i did not receive any receipt for the speedohealer. I emailed asking for a tracking number if possible and the status of the speedohealer.

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 10:30 PM
To: Diego Romo
Subject: Order Information?
Hi, I did not receive any receipt or shipping information for orders 1365, 1366 and the following order which was sent via paypal. Has the order been sent and if so can i get a tracking number as i am anxiously awaiting my parts. Thanks in advance. Jared Dechert

I received this..

To:'Jared Dechert'
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2008 11:26 AM
Subject: RE: Order Information?
Hi Jared, I shipped your PC3 already because we were waiting on the Speedohealer to come in and I didnt want to hold up your order. I am expecting the speedohealer to arrive today so I will ship it out when it comes in. Thanks again.

I must admit had i realized that you needed to order the speedohealer first i would have tried to get it with someone who had it in stock as our local speeding fines are very steep. My concern was warranted as i just received a ticket for 150 dollars and the cop didnt buy my ' im still waiting for my speedohealer story......' I still received no mention of tracking information so sent this....

Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2008 09:30 PM
Hi Diego, i was just wondering how you sent my parts? usps or a courier? I believe there was an option of some sort but i cant remember what i picked. i was just wondering if there was a tracking number so that i could have an idea of when to expect them. Thanks

Still i received no response, so i sent another email...

Jared Dechert [mailto:[email protected]]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2008 09:03 PM

Hi Diego, i am still wondering how and when you sent my parts? i have been wondering if there was a tracking number so that i might have an idea of when to expect them. Thanks.

Still no response, so i gave up trying and just hoped that the parts would eventually make it here. I realize i am in Canada and that the border loves to hold things up but all i needed was some way of tracking them so i had an idea of when to expect them would have made all the difference. On that note i have since ordered from another supplier in texas and have already received that order sent by usps ground. With that said i received the first two orders 5 days ago but i still have no idea what is happening with the speedohealer and it has been nearly a month. I suppose it is possible that i have slipped through the cracks (multiple times) here and that things are just delayed but i have to admit i am going to have a really hard time recommending cyclesector to anyone on my team, the other racers and their teams, or even the riders i ride with and meet on the street. You seem like a great company and though Canada does not have the same volume of riders as your market in the US there is a huge demand for parts here and the suppliers out of the US are still our best bet. In addition the stalling US economy and the rising Canadian economy coupled with our strong dollar means we could be sending a lot of business your way... Thats a huge market to let slide with poor service. Thank you for listening.

2005 CBR600RR Red/Black
Zero Gravity(DBS),

Last edited by JinxedRacing; 07-25-2008 at 04:04 PM.
post #16 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 02:03 PM
cyclesector.com

Quote:
Finally a response. I realize that you are busy, we all are. Thats fantastic for the business side of things but what about the customer? All i needed was a yep its on its way or a sorry we havent got it yet and id still have that warm fuzzy feeling about cyclesector that everyone hyped into me. Why do i feel like i have to start threatening people (with getting my money back) just to get a response??
You are absolutely right, it shouldn't get to that point. This whole Laguna Seca thing was a major headache, and I'm not sure it was even worth it. We wanted to do it right so we put a lot of attention on it, but unfortunately it meant taking focus away from our customers. We dont do business that way, and I'm going to make sure it never happens again.

We like making people feel warm and fuzzy! Thats why we have grown to this point. Even though we are vendors, we are still members of this site just like you, we do this because we love it and we want to provide a service that we would want out of a parts company. Cycle Sector is only going to get stronger from this point, and I hope you guys will give us another shot at making you completely satisfied.

post #17 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 02:20 PM
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
sh!t happens sometimes, i think these guys are great and cycle sector is of great benefit to this site - especially after meeting and chatting for a little bit at L.Seca last weekend i know these guys try their best to satisfy customers...

YouTube Channel

----------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!
post #18 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 02:23 PM
Testicular Fortitude

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:

Because you spent money on sometime and you didnt recieve it. But you also have to understand its only one guy working in the store so its hard on Disco to do everything by himself. You have alot to learn young grasshoppa

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #19 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 02:28 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Not sure as how not having a speedohealer can cause anyone to get a ticket? Did they get you for going to slow? At least mine and most others that I have seen the speedometer reads 5-10% high. I guess I had start paying more attention. I dont need any tickets!!!

Quote:
I must admit had i realized that you needed to order the speedohealer first i would have tried to get it with someone who had it in stock as our local speeding fines are very steep. My concern was warranted as i just received a ticket for 150 dollars and the cop didnt buy my ' im still waiting for my speedohealer story......' I still received no mention of tracking information so sent this....

Kevin

'83 Alfa Romeo Spider Charcoal (+/- 11,000 Miles)
'00 V-Star 1100 Maroon/Ivory | Cobra drag pipes | Jetted
'04 600RR Red/Black | Corsa III | Ohlins Shock | Ohlins Springs/Piston Kit | PCIII | Scotts Damper | CF Jardine Race SO | Vortex Rearsets | HRC Throttle | 520 Conversion -1/+1 | Galfer Brake Lines | Speedo Healer V4 | Jardine FE | Pro Grips | Short Stalk V
post #20 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Jinxed, hopefully Diego has helped you sort out any issues.

2006 CBR 600RR (Red)

Akrapovic Hex slipon Titanium/Carbon
BMC Air filter (street)
Power Commander III usb
Puig DB windscreen (light smoke)
Pazzo levers (long gold, black adjusters)
Watsen 3 LED flushmount front signals
Sato rearsets (black)
Clear Alternatives integrated tail-light (clear)
Woodcraft frame sliders and spools
Galfer front stainless steel brake lines (clear)
OEM solo seat cowl
R&G Racing Tail Tidy Fender Eliminator
Michelin Pilot Power 2CT's
Pro Grip Rim Tape :)
post #21 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 04:08 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
Because you spent money on sometime and you didnt recieve it. But you also have to understand its only one guy working in the store so its hard on Disco to do everything by himself. You have alot to learn young grasshoppa
not really following this part.... 'Because you spent money on sometime and you didnt recieve it.' as for the rest of it, no personal offence but i dont know how they do business where you come from but over here you do not take a customers money and then drop off the face off the earth, whether its $1 or $1000. maybe you hava a lot to learn old grasshoppa.....

2005 CBR600RR Red/Black
Zero Gravity(DBS),
post #22 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 04:19 PM
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
hopefully Disco can make it right by everyone waiting on stuff soon and these threads that pretty much go no where will disaper....

YouTube Channel

kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!
post #23 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 07:24 PM
Testicular Fortitude

Quote:
not really following this part.... 'Because you spent money on sometime and you didnt recieve it.' as for the rest of it, no personal offence but i dont know how they do business where you come from but over here you do not take a customers money and then drop off the face off the earth, whether its $1 or $1000. maybe you hava a lot to learn old grasshoppa.....

just so you know i'm american serving in the armed forces. i know how things work in the states.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #24 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
just so you know i'm american serving in the armed forces. i know how things work in the states.
Whats that got to do with it. I served in the armed forces too and went to iraq twice. But whats that got to do with you knowing how things work in america. So just because your in the military you know how everything works now. I just hate that when people use the military as an excuse.

Last edited by fofiffs; 07-25-2008 at 07:44 PM.
post #25 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 08:46 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
How fast were you going to get that ticket?

The DSLR Lounge ['(O)] - Ask questions about DSLRs and tell about what you shoot with!

mjoyphotography.com[/U]- My Photos - please comment
post #26 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 10:47 AM
Testicular Fortitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by fofiffs View Post
Whats that got to do with it. I served in the armed forces too and went to iraq twice. But whats that got to do with you knowing how things work in america. So just because your in the military you know how everything works now. I just hate that when people use the military as an excuse.

If you read his originaly post that i quoted you would understand. He was saying I dont know how things work in America because my location says Italy. He was making an assumption that I wasnt american and that i was italian. Nothing against him for making that assumption. And I'm not using the Military as an excuse. So read post wise one and dont make assumptions.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #27 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_cbr600rr View Post
hopefully Disco can make it right by everyone waiting on stuff soon and these threads that pretty much go no where will disaper....
NO my ignorant friend these posts dont go nowhere.... this post got me the reply id been trying for....

2005 CBR600RR Red/Black
Zero Gravity(DBS),
post #28 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdRRty. View Post
How fast were you going to get that ticket?
15km over in an 80.....

2005 CBR600RR Red/Black
Zero Gravity(DBS),
post #29 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
If you read his originaly post that i quoted you would understand. He was saying I dont know how things work in America because my location says Italy. He was making an assumption that I wasnt american and that i was italian. Nothing against him for making that assumption. And I'm not using the Military as an excuse. So read post wise one and dont make assumptions.
Actually it seems you are the one making assumptions... I said i dont know how things work "there"... at no point did i insinuate the US. it was wherever you are

2005 CBR600RR Red/Black
Zero Gravity(DBS),
post #30 of 72 (permalink) Old 07-26-2008, 08:12 PM
Alcoholic.

Seriously.

Group hug needed in this thread.

Who wants first dibs on my trademark hugs.

Give this a read:

'08 Lexus RX-350, daily

Quote:
rofl!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page