Absolutely Horrific Experience with MotoFansClub - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Absolutely Horrific Experience with MotoFansClub

I have been trying to work with MJ, Ken, and others for the past few months trying to get the fairings that I paid for in February. To this date, I have been given numerous false shipping dates, many empty promises and a lot of lies. Additionally, they are now not responding.

Here is the whole story…

I purchase the ’07 Repsol fairing back in December 2007. I was very happy with the fairings and posted pictures on 600rr.net, 1000rr.net and recommended them to others. The quality, although not OEM, was good for aftermarket fairings. I loved the way the bike looked!

In February ’08, I hit a patch of ice on the angles crest highway and low-sided the bike. The front cowl, the left side top cowl and the tail fairing was damaged. The tail fairing actually cracked apart very badly even though it was a very slow low-side. I emailed MotoFansClub and paid $350 for the 3 pieces. It seemed overpriced for the pieces, but I was willing to pay for them as I LOVED the Repsol paint scheme and LOVED my bike. I was told that it would take about 3-4 weeks to get my fairings…

Forwarding a few months, to June..…. I’m still waiting for my fairing so I can get my bike back together. I emailed them about 4-5 times and each time they would tell me that it would be ready in a few weeks. As I was getting frustrated, I told them that I would post my bad experience on 600RR.net. Finally, I get a reply from MJ apologizing for the delay and telling me that he would personally handle my order and get me my fairings. I was extremely happy with the new and bought another set of fairings for another bike from them on June 8th.

Shipping for the replacement fairings were supposed to take 10 days and 8-15 business days for the new fairings. After waiting for almost 6 weeks and a couple of emails, I finally got a tracking number for the new fairings and did eventually receive them.

However, I still have not received the replacement fairings. I was given numerous ship dates, many excuses (export problems, family issues, vacation, ‘emergency’ etc..). And FINALLY on July 31st, I receive a shipment. I was VERY excited and VERY happy as I would finally be able to get my bike back to the way it was. However, upon open the box…. I was shocked in disbelief. Only 2 of the 3 pieces were shipped and that I am still missing the side fairing.

I contact MJ right away and was told that they had made the wrong side. Upon thinking about it, if they knew the wrong side was made, why did they not tell me before they shipped the package? If they did not know, why did they not include the piece? Whatever the reason was, I was obviously being lied to.

MJ apologized and specifically promised me that the missing piece would be made and I would have it within 2 weeks at the latest… well 2 weeks past… nothing. I emailed and was told that MJ was on vacation and would get back to me in a day or two… a week passed and nothing. Then on August 19th, Ken told me that he would give me a tracking number for the missing piece the next day…. once again.. I didn’t get anything. I emailed once again and was told that someone would get back to me next week. On August 23rd, I was told by someone ‘Moto’ that the faring was shipped a few days ago and I would have it in 10 days. 10 days passed and once again nothing… F*#K! I emailed them once again and apparently, they’ve decided not to respond.

It’s now been 7 VERY frustrating and VERY upsetting months since I paid them for the fairings. I still don’t have my Repsol bike back on the road. It looks like that I will never get the piece that I need (and paid for) and Motofansclub (MJ, Ken and others) is not willing to fix this problem. I have been more than patient with them and have given them more business as I trusted their word. It seems like the Repsol bike that I loved will never be back to the way it was. I feel that I have been totally screwed by Motofansclub and this is the absolute worst experience that I have ever had with any vendor by far.

I hope that others take my experience into consideration before wasting their hard-earned money with MotoFansClub. Hopefully, other CBR riders will not be royally screwed like me.

Joseph
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 06:43 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Sorry about your experience man!

I'd like to hear MJ's story on this one.
post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:15 PM
HONDAholic

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
this is crappy service ....... and nobody should have to go through that!

2008 METALLIC SILVER
Silver Mids
Stomp Grips
Vortex Spools
Tripage PC'ed pegs/blinkers
Akrapovic Slip-on
Tripage Adj. FE
Puig Smoked Windscreen
CA Modified taillight
Tripage Crazy Eyez
Proton Flush-Signals
HID's 35w 4300k With Tripage Relay Delay

stolen**

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:16 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
did you pay with a credit card? if so, just dispute the charge and get your money back.

2004 Honda CBR600RR
-Spiegler SS lines f+r
-Woodcraft rearsets
-Woodcraft Clip-Ons
-GPR Steering Damper
-Vesrah RJL brake pads
-Elka 3-Way Shock
-CRG gold levers
-Leo Vince Full Exhaust
-PCIII
-green painted rims
-puig d-bubble screen
-Pro-impact Frame sliders
-EK MVXZ 520 green chain w/ Pit bull sprockets (-1/+1)
- .9 kg/mm constant-rate fork springs +re-valving
-Tanktredz
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:23 PM
T. BOTM Winner 10/11 Super Female Moderator

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
you can file a claim with paypal too. i know someone who did that and got their money back

2007 CBR600rr Track Whore
2012 CBR600rr Street Slut
2008 BMW Z4M Daily Driver
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport 6 Speed Garage Queen

RIP Chenhan, you are missed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatstud View Post
You little shiit! Haha
Next time I'm not shopping Hello Kitty with ya bwaahaha!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidnightproject View Post
This song didn't help me poop at all!
2W1R
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:27 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Dude, 7 months? WTF???? I would have been smacking heads after 2 months for sure...sorry bro...threaten with a lawsuit unless you get your money back or the fairings you paid for within 2 weeks...PERIOD...if no response email them again saying you are going to take legal action and just have a lawyer (prefferably a good one) send them a letter with a nice lil "give me what I want or get sued for it..." type angle on it...
Thats what i'd do...good luck.

2006 CBR 600RR - Red/Black *StreetBike*
2003 CBR 600RR - All Black *Trackbike* SOLD
Orion Pit Bike *SOLD

05' CBR 600RR - Sold/Missed
WANTED!!! 08'+ 1KRR for sale White/Red or all Black
and....OHLINS FORKS/BREMBO BRAKES!!!
PARTS FOR SALE: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=204160
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wow sorry to hear about your experiance. You have been really patient with them the whole time, if I were in your shoes I would have probably strangled somebody. I have no patience when being lied to. That's really some Sh***y service. I'll definitley take this into consideration when shopping around for parts.
post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 07:58 PM
GS3
Pocketbike Racer

sorry to hear

06 600rr Movistar Replica

8000k HID Kit, LP Aeros Flush Mount (Smoked), CA Intergrated Tail Light (Smoked), Tripage FE, Tripage LED Hugger, Tripage 3rd Eye, BrowningBuck Blue Gauges With Gear Indicator, Jardine RT-1 Carbon Dual Outlet, Black Gas Cap, Flat Black Fairing Bolts, Powdercoated Black Swing Arm, Black Vortex Rearsets
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 09:53 PM
World Superbike Racer

I hope ever thing works out....I know how frustrating it can be when dealing with people.
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 PM

wow, i was going to order a set of fairings from them. but not now. i would do like another member said and file a claim with your CC company.
post #11 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 03:26 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Unfortunately, they only accept PayPal... and PayPal only give you 45 days to file a claim. Honestly, I would be MUCH happier if I can just get the fairing I paid for so I can get my 600RR back to the way it was.

Joseph
post #12 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 04:25 AM
Moto GP Racer

You could have prevented all of this by just not crashing in the first place, shame on you!
post #13 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hi everyone, MJ here. Not sure how to best explain all of this but it does get long so I will try to start from the beginning. If everyone looks at all of my earliest posts you will see that this new team here at moto took hold of this company in June. Unfortunately for Coral he was one of the previous customers from the old owners at moto, the first time I heard about this was around the beginning of June as well. Now when the current owner bought moto we were given assurances that no outstanding orders were due and everything was a-ok. However, we now know better. Understanding that the old moto had a crappy name the current owner set up his own factory and wer are for the most parts using our own moulds. Coral's mould was from the old owner and the factory that they used. When we filled his order the first time in mid-July when we shipped it out the factory caught on that there was something amiss with the upper left fairing - all of motos fairings have a special code which only we know how to see and as they were cross referencing this with Coral orders they noticed that this did not correspond to the code in the order hence that piece was pulled. I was not notified of this till Coral emailed me. Timeframe (Beginning of August), so the QC guy in our factory (again I work in the operations side in Hong Kong) just said that something was wrong and they would straighten it out. Now it turns out that the problem was that his first fairing set was from the original factory of the orignal owner and they haven't been the most co-operative since we do most of work in house now. So (Timeframe beginning-August) our QC guy had to purchase set from the original factory as we don't have that mould. As you are aware farings take about 2 weeks to make so we got them in mid-late August unpainted. Our containers must clear customs in China before the tracking numbers are released - otherwise if it doesn't clear there is no point to a tracking #. Coral's was slowed because of this - but I have been give assurances that it will clear by next week. I have forced the shipping company to give us a tracking number today - but it will not track until it clears customs and I anticipate that happening Monday or Tuesday. We owe Coral a big apology and I hope that you forum members will at least try to give us the benefit of the doubt as I have tried to make myself avialble to everyone and have tried to reply to all pms and emails within a reasonable amount of time. Rest assured that if you have bought a kit from June onwards this will not happen to you as all of these moulds we have in house.

post #14 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 05:39 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cling View Post
You could have prevented all of this by just not crashing in the first place, shame on you!
**** happens but now what do you think would have happen if someone else order it just because they want new fairings and not due to a crash.. they would also be in the same situation

to op.. hope you get things fixed
post #15 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 05:41 AM
Moto GP Racer

This will not happen to anyone else R3DSK as we don't have a mould for the ones ordered before June we have to go to the previous factory and like I said they are not the most friendly since we dont order from them anymore and produce our own.

post #16 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 05:46 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motofansclub View Post
This will not happen to anyone else R3DSK as we don't have a mould for the ones ordered before June we have to go to the previous factory and like I said they are not the most friendly since we dont order from them anymore and produce our own.
oh.. i didnt see your post till after i posted mine

so he will be seeing his new fairing piece soon.
post #17 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 05:57 AM
Moto GP Racer

Yes he will - apologies once again, this was due to the new team coming aboard here and to elaborate that's why you see we started our membership here with the 03-06 Best Fitment Offer, this was the first mould we made and we thank everyones input into it.

post #18 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 06:08 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
i am glad to see that things are working out....

keep us posted coral

Honda 600RR RED (Julia)
"Ambition is just a poor excuse for people to not have enough sense to be lazy..."
post #19 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Hi MJ,

Thank you for replying. I would have been more understanding (as I had been for the past 7 month) if you had explained this new problem to me. How about the new front fairing that I received? Will I have a problem with fitment?

When should I expect to receive the side-fairing?

What frustrates me is that on August 2nd you told me that I would have the piece by Aug 13-14 (at the lastest). Additionally, why was I told that the right-side piece was made instead of the left side piece when it was not the case? And why did someone tell me the piece had already shipped on August 23rd?

I started working with you at the beginning of June and you told me that you, specifically, would take care of the problems. Now I only get email replies from Ken, 'moto' and someone who doesn't put their name on their email replies. As you can imagine, being brushed-off and ignored is not a pleasant feeling.

All being said, I do appreciate you replying and offering a solution. I hope to finally receive the piece soon.

Joseph
post #20 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 02:39 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I found someone in the USA that stocks kits out of Colorado. Buy from the USA and customs wont be necessary. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ksid=p3907.m32
post #21 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 03:15 PM

Id at least want compensation, along with a refund for the 7 month delay...Sounds like alot of excuses from MJ.

Quote: Understanding that the old moto had a crappy name the current owner set up his own factory.

If i took over the business of a company with a crappy name, the first thing id do would be to change the name and any links to the "crappy company"

Coral, its slightly odd how MJ has only decided now to reply to you, after you posting on here. Like you said you dealt with him from June, its now September.

Well done for posting and with luck this con artist wont last much longer....
post #22 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralchopper View Post
Hi MJ,

Thank you for replying. I would have been more understanding (as I had been for the past 7 month) if you had explained this new problem to me. How about the new front fairing that I received? Will I have a problem with fitment?

When should I expect to receive the side-fairing?

What frustrates me is that on August 2nd you told me that I would have the piece by Aug 13-14 (at the lastest). Additionally, why was I told that the right-side piece was made instead of the left side piece when it was not the case? And why did someone tell me the piece had already shipped on August 23rd?

I started working with you at the beginning of June and you told me that you, specifically, would take care of the problems. Now I only get email replies from Ken, 'moto' and someone who doesn't put their name on their email replies. As you can imagine, being brushed-off and ignored is not a pleasant feeling.

All being said, I do appreciate you replying and offering a solution. I hope to finally receive the piece soon.
I only passed you the info that was relayed to me Coral. I have been trying to do my best to resolve everything for everyone here. Someone told you because it had, there was an export issue we had again the best is to put attention to me as that way it will make its way to me. Moto could be almost anyone as there are 5 people besides me who answers emails. I told the people in shipping to let u know as soon as it shipped so hopefully I could end this ordeal for u sooner. That is not common practice though - shipping usually notifies us AFTER it clears customs at which point we issue the tracking #. Afterall what point is giving you a tracking # if it is not validated by customs officials and gets sent back to us?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHairyBush View Post
Id at least want compensation, along with a refund for the 7 month delay...Sounds like alot of excuses from MJ.

Quote: Understanding that the old moto had a crappy name the current owner set up his own factory.

If i took over the business of a company with a crappy name, the first thing id do would be to change the name and any links to the "crappy company"

Coral, its slightly odd how MJ has only decided now to reply to you, after you posting on here. Like you said you dealt with him from June, its now September.

Listen George, with all due respect. Don't comment on this until you know all the details. Everyone of my pms and emails I try to reply as promptly as possible, it's not an easy job but it's one I like and that I think you all deserve. As for calling me a con artist - I'd really like to chew you out. But i'm gonna take the high road on this one. If you ask Coral he'll even know taht I contacted him several times not in a reply but rather to ask him if everything is ok. It was only after this had passed to the replacements guy that I did not handle his file anymore. And, George I have been responding to most of Corals emails. As for the company name, I agree with you - but hey I only work here and am not the management nor the owner so back off dude. I know that most have gotten their kits on time and there are a few that are not happy but I'd like to think that as far as customer service I ahve been pretty good - accessible, and for the most part have been trying to help you guys. Just please understand that there are limits ot what I can do as I am not management nor the owner.

Btw I think the most suspicious is someone who has JUST joined the forum and starts bad mouthing people here. Hmm.. joined September... bad mouths us... smells of a competitor.

Last edited by motofansclub; 09-06-2008 at 06:50 PM.
post #23 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-06-2008, 09:05 PM

Who the heck is this?

MJ is so incredibly busy and, still is as nice and quick to respond after all the people here bug he constantly for help and questions.

Me being one.

1 or 2 unhappy people out of 100 to a buisness is natural.
But, as you can see, he still cares to help the unhappy ones.

So I doubt this thread needs a clueless prick on some random high horse, sticking up for something that isnt his business.
With no due respect.

Keep doing a great job with the community MJ, you're making a lot of bikes beautiful here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHairyBush View Post

post #24 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-09-2008, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deph View Post
Who the heck is this?

MJ is so incredibly busy and, still is as nice and quick to respond after all the people here bug he constantly for help and questions.

Me being one.

1 or 2 unhappy people out of 100 to a buisness is natural.
But, as you can see, he still cares to help the unhappy ones.

So I doubt this thread needs a clueless prick on some random high horse, sticking up for something that isnt his business.
With no due respect.

Keep doing a great job with the community MJ, you're making a lot of bikes beautiful here!
I once met someone from Orange (I do illegal things to my mum) County.....He was begging outside my house and his Mum was pissing up a tree like a dog. So i kicked his f***ing head in....Go Orange County Pests
post #25 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Well, I received a package this moring... words cannot express my frustration / anger / sadness... see the picture for yourselves:

Joseph
post #26 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 03:14 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Damn man, i feel for you bro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
post #27 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 03:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Price for the fairings are real cheap. Should of just bought a new set.

07 CBR 600RR - Race Tech .925 Fork Springs - Gold Valve Kit - Full Akrapovic Race System - PCIII - Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch - Vortex Rear Sets - Brembo RCS19- HRC Throttle Kit - DID ERV3 520 Conversion -1/+2 - Galfer GP Brake Lines - Vesrah RJL Pads - Pair Mod - OEM Solo Cowl - Puig Screen - Renthal Grips - LP Carbon Fiber Bar Ends - Speedo Healer - Gear Indicator - DDM HID's 6000k

post #28 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 03:30 PM
World Superbike Racer

oh dang. so what now you just got one mismatched panel?

post #29 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 03:33 PM

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
well thats not very encouraging to say the least.

I have the same set ordered from Fullgearcycle... hoping mine goes alot smoother than this
post #30 of 59 (permalink) Old 09-11-2008, 03:53 PM
Knee Dragger

wow... Man that really sucks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page