MSG for iWin and iWin customers - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
MSG for iWin and iWin customers

Two months after I ordered a $130 light from iWin I finally recieved it. I modified my bike cut wires and hooked up the light. Flipped the key on.....nothing, light was dead. I talked to Jamison himself who attemped to help me wire the light so that it might be a wiring problem from the bike....no luck. Said also that maybe it was a shipping problem....doubtful. He then replied to me that he would send me a new light last week......no light. I sent and email to iWin moto......no response. So I finally got fed up with the wait and the overwelmed new business of iWin moto.

Quick history of my life I went to college for awhile on automotive electricity and electronics I also went to electronics I and II in high school I love the sh*t.lol That means that I can wire and run any diagnostic on your vehicles computer or simple install a head unit (radio).

Today I took apart the crudely made iWin moto integrated taillight to see what the problem was. Circuit board was recieving no power what so ever,(reason being was the it was made poorly, good concept, but poor). I ran a hot wire to the board and BOOM light came on. Only problem was the the "rush" made mini circuit board had pins that had solder on them but no solder to the board to connect the pins to complete the circuit needed. So I whipped out my soldering Iron and connect all the pins via solder, and checked others that may have accidently been solder together during the extreme rush to get the taillight out. Hooked the light up and wam bam thank you ma'am it worked.

Yes I am tooting my horn a bit. The moral to this post is don't lose quality over quantity. Keep the integrity of your product by putting the same time you would put into your first taillight even if it means losing customers or having to give money back. You'll only create more work for yourself in the long run if you send a sh*ty product to a customer.

-I got two guns one for each of yah'-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:21 PM
World Superbike Racer

does this surprize anyone??

NICE WORK IZ'Y!

yea yea yea, i know my cycle may one day get me killed..... but i get to ride it first!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:22 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn good job man thats amazing

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:46 PM
Demented

Ha...and to think, I called Jamison out when he first showed up, and he attacked me saying I'm being a prick and so on.
...let me find that thread.

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...highlight=iwin
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php...2&postcount=26

Last edited by Demented; 10-29-2008 at 11:48 PM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:57 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I love my Tripage light :) And it shipped in like 3 days :D
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Ha...and to think, I called Jamison out when he first showed up, and he attacked me saying I'm being a prick and so on.
...let me find that thread.

https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...highlight=iwin
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php...2&postcount=26

hah im laughing about that! good work demented, ill never be buying that bull shat.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 12:24 AM
Moto GP Racer

Wow.

I paid so little for my f/e and I love it. I was sprung on that iwinmoto, but after reading some of the posts, I dont think ill ever put one on my bike.

In a world full of automated systems, and robots, customer service still sells.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 10:28 AM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
The sad part folks is no one really cares once they get their funds
all you will hear is the word Next and that is really a shame

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-04-2008, 02:50 AM
Pocketbike Racer

if i was in their shoes i would just limit the orders to what i could i supply in good quality in a month, let's say for example 10 lights. Then i would just make 10 lights for the first 10 people that pay that month, and so on. And instead of looking like a company who has serious customer care issues, i would look like a company who is creating a highly sought after item in very small numbers, i'd try and use the word exclusive and custom a lot :D.

In essence, it would be the difference of waiting 2 months with your money in your pocket and waiting 2 months with your money in the vendor's account.

Last edited by pretzeL; 11-04-2008 at 02:52 AM.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:32 PM

wow. this is fascinating stuff. i would have never thought that there would be so much drama associated with a simple taillight.

and demented, when exactly did jamison call you a prick or whatever? i looked through the entire thread and couldn't find anything. just wondering.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by until240 View Post
wow. this is fascinating stuff. i would have never thought that there would be so much drama associated with a simple taillight.

and demented, when exactly did jamison call you a prick or whatever? i looked through the entire thread and couldn't find anything. just wondering.
He PM'd me chewing me out and telling me to delete my posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page