autolumintion.com Dispute - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
autolumintion.com Dispute

Here is the background I bought a LED and it was broken so I tried to make it work but only three lights would light. Here is our conversation read it and tell me what you think. He thinks I do not know how to install LEDs. I would like some suggestions. Thanks for any help.

From Buyer - James Carr
12/10/2008 15:27 PST
Received broken product. They refused to refund or replace.
James Carr requested a $6.74 USD refund.

12/10/2008 15:27 PST

www.autolumination.com denied James Carr's request for a $6.74 USD refund.

12/11/2008 08:22 PST

From Seller - www.autolumination.com
12/11/2008 08:22 PST

Mr Carr returned a bulb he physically damaged on installation.
12/11/2008 08:31 PST

Mr Carr returned only one bulb of the two he purchased.
On installation, Mr Carr pushed on the face of the bulb, forcing the face diodes on the light right down through the bulb casing itself. In doing this, he forced the bottom contacts off the bulb casing and damaged the circuitry beyond repair. He then taped (with scotch tape) the casing he popped off it, back onto the bulb and sent it back here. We have the bulb and would be happy to provide it to paypal for their inspection, or to send a photo showing this clear physical damage. He told us when he requested the exchange that the bulb did not work. He never told us of the damage he had done to it. When we received it, it was apparent that the reason was self-inflicted. We cannot replace or refund for an item that was returned damaged by the installer.
Both bulbs were tested here prior to shipment and both worked 100%.
We are not even certain that the bulb Mr Carr returned is ours. Because of the heavy damage to the bulb, we can't test the circuitry to ensure it is in fact our bulb and physically, it does not look like the bulbs we have in stock due to this damage.
We will not agree to any refund or exchange on this product that was damaged by the purchaser thru misuse. He failed to follow the installation guide he was provided which gives clear instructions as to how to install leds properly and specifically explains not to push on the face of the bulb.
From Buyer - James Carr
12/11/2008 09:12 PST

When I received the unit the casing was already "popped off" so I taped it so I would not lose any peices. I was trying to make it work with out having to send it back. I do not think the bulb was ever tested before shipment. It was not only already popped off it did not even light. How hard is it to install a bulb? all you do is put it in the socket. I ordered two and one works fine. I am only asking for half of the refund.
The buld was popped off when I received it. It did not even light. I tried to make it work with no success. Followed their return policy. They blamed me for damaging the product. They refused a refund.
From Buyer - James Carr
12/11/2008 09:13 PST

When I received the unit the casing was already "popped off" so I taped it so I would not lose any peices. I was trying to make it work with out having to send it back. I do not think the bulb was ever tested before shipment. It was not only already popped off it did not even light. How hard is it to install a bulb? all you do is put it in the socket. I ordered two and one works fine. I am only asking for half of the refund.
The buld was popped off when I received it. It did not even light. I tried to make it work with no success. Followed their return policy. They blamed me for damaging the product. They refused a refund.
12/11/2008 15:29 PST

The bulb was in one piece and working perfectly when sent to Mr Carr. What he is alleging is absurd and untrue.
I realize Mr Carr believes it is not difficult to install an led, but clearly he is mistaken. Unlike an incandescent bulb, you cannot push on the face of an led bulb. This is why we do provide an entire online installation guide, which was emailed to Mr. Carr when his order shipped. He did not follow those directions.
He physically jammed the diodes down into the socket. He pushed on the face of the bulb and the diodes in order to seat the bulb into his socket. He had to have pushed quite hard because the damage is quite bad. As soon as he did that, he broke the solders inside the circuit and the bulb ceased to light.
The bulb was tested here prior to shipment and worked perfectly. It was in one piece and brand new when shipped with the diodes at the same level in the bulb as the outside casing. Now after his installation attempt, the diodes are flattened down into the housing of the bulb, well below the exterior casing.
It was not sent out that way, and no refund nor exchange is possible under those circumstances.
From Buyer - James Carr
12/11/2008 16:01 PST

The diodes were already flattened when I received it. The buld was in peices when it arrived. The top was popped off. I tried to install thinking the housing would not affect the lighting; moreover, the LED only paritally worked. I am lucky to not have damaged my bike or even hurt myself. I have also heard similar stories from other customers receiving products not in complete working order. I know how to install lights. I have replace other LEDs on my vehical with success. I have also installed HIDs with success. Thank you for your time we will have to let Paypal decide.
12/11/2008 18:39 PST

There is NO way that bulb was received in that condition. None. The bulb was tested here. We did not crush the diodes down into the base of the bulb, and disconnect the contacts from the diodes by smashing them into the housing.
HIDs and halogen bulbs do not install like an led.
The top was intact when it was sent. It only popped off when you pushed the diodes down into the bulb housing.
I am agreeable to letting paypal decide though. I will gladly provide a picture of your returned bulb beside a new bulb from here for comparison.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 10:24 AM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
What did you buy, Link? the third eye led? What kind of package was it shipped in? Box, envelope etc... Could have bee damaged during shipping. Why not see if you can get a replacement instead of refund? Why did you buy two if you only needed one? Just looking at this from a seller perspective. Have any pictures? T

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 11:27 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yeah, I agree with T, it was probably damaged during shipment...also, the 6.74 refund is probably not even worth the return shipping. I would just post your experience in a review thread and move on.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
It was for the 3rd eye. I bought two colors to see what one I liked best. It was mailed usps in a small box wrapped in newspaper. I do not think it was the shipping there was lots of paper and the 194's are small. The other one works great. I asked for a replacement (they refused) and I sent back the broken one. Yeah its not about the money its about not being sent broken things and they need to take responability (sp??) for that. I am also on winter break and have lots of time so this is keeping me busy. I figure every hour of theirs is like 20 bucks an hour.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 06:58 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesess007 View Post
When we received it, it was apparent that the reason was self-inflicted.
I guess the bulb had nothing worth living for...
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2008, 07:01 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixinus View Post
I guess the bulb had nothing worth living for...
I read that twice... then started busting up histerically, lol!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page