Motofansclub 08 Kit - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Motofansclub 08 Kit

EDIT: This post was moved (incorrectly?) to this section and is NOT a Vendor Experience or Product Review, just commenting on a frustrating night of install(s).

So today I finally got around to putting on the Konica Minolta kit I bought from MotoFansClub and things started out relatively well. The tail went on without any real problems... tank was ok... so was the nose. Then came the moment of truth... the mids. At this point I should have figured things would probably not turn out well. The throttle cables were more trouble to replace than I thought... I completely stripped one of the screws that hold the fairing stay in place and had to destroy the old fairing stay so I could get it out with a pipe wrench... and I spent a lot of time running back and forth from the local shop to pick up the various screws and clips that I kept finding had been lost during the accident. In any case, I started with the right side and it didn't even come close to lining up. The part closest to the tip of the nose is short by over a centimeter, not to mention its at an odd angle. Only one of the tabs go into the tank and the sides don't even begin to go into the headlight cover. One of the headlight covers was left on the freeway after the accident, so I tried using one of the supplied ones... and it cracked right down the middle. So I'm kind of at a loss as to what I should do now. It's not something I can even think about wiggling into place. The parts that fit are already so firmly in place that applying a little pressure put a crack in the fairing. *sigh* I just want to start riding again...

Last edited by zheric; 12-21-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 03:09 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ouch, i hope it works out for you.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Moto GP Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Did you contact them before posting this?

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I know you will, but contact motofansclub immediately.
I heard they have pretty good customer service.
PM motofansclub.
I hope everything works out for you.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRedRider View Post
Did you contact them before posting this?
yea I hope you did!

If so what was their response!

Bashing someone without letting them first attempt to resolve it, that's really BAD!

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

This wasn't posted to bash anyone or anything, I was just complaining about how things involving my bike have been pretty lousy since some idiot in a truck/SUV decided to cut into me and bumped me into the rear of another car. It's been a month or so since the accident and I'd finally gotten everything else replaced. The fairings were the last thing before I could start riding again, and finding out that things weren't fitting in a freezing cold garage with a slight fever close to midnight... you can imagine the disappointment. I know MJ provides good customer service, but I'm pretty disappointed I won't be able to ride during the 2 weeks I have off from work.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 01:01 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheric View Post
This wasn't posted to bash anyone or anything, I was just complaining about how things involving my bike have been pretty lousy since some idiot in a truck/SUV decided to cut into me and bumped me into the rear of another car. It's been a month or so since the accident and I'd finally gotten everything else replaced. The fairings were the last thing before I could start riding again, and finding out that things weren't fitting in a freezing cold garage with a slight fever close to midnight... you can imagine the disappointment. I know MJ provides good customer service, but I'm pretty disappointed I won't be able to ride during the 2 weeks I have off from work.
So it sounds like you didn't contact them first...

Well sorry man but by posting "FAILURE" is bashing them. And maybe they deserve it. But they first deserve the chance to make it right!

Maybe it's not the norm, maybe you got a bad couple pieces. It happens!

They deserve a chance, and IF they don't 'fix' your issues to your satisfaction, THEN (and only then) do they deserve a thread with their name labeling it as a failure!

Sorry for the rant, just get tired of people expecting to get something CHEAP, expecting it to be TOP notch PERFECT and when it's not rather than contacting the seller they'd rather just bash them.

Now maybe that wasn't your intention, but that's what you did.

"at 8k i often get the tire to slip a bit(kinda like stoner in motogp) when i start to get on the throttle"
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

And to me it sounds like you are interpreting things the way YOU want to see it. Nowhere do I say anything bad about Motofansclub/MJ, I'm not even complaining about the kit (I've read plenty of the you get what you pay for posts so I bought it fully aware of the ramifications). All I said was the piece didn't fit, and my night and my hopes of riding during my holiday break, ended in failure. I'm not even sure why this post was moved to the Vendor Experiences section. Granted I could have picked a better title, but I originally posted this in the General section because this was not a vendor or product review, it was just a post about my frustrating night.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 03:06 PM
Knee Dragger

damn that sucks....
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 03:11 PM
Demented

Looks like user error to me. You need to get the upper/mid into the light cover before it will fit to the upper, and it can be tricky getting them in at times. If it snapped in half I'd think you where hitting it with a pipe wrench like you did your fairing stay because a bolt was stuck.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 03:20 PM
bcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niner1000RR View Post
So it sounds like you didn't contact them first...

Well sorry man but by posting "FAILURE" is bashing them. And maybe they deserve it. But they first deserve the chance to make it right!

Maybe it's not the norm, maybe you got a bad couple pieces. It happens!

They deserve a chance, and IF they don't 'fix' your issues to your satisfaction, THEN (and only then) do they deserve a thread with their name labeling it as a failure!

Sorry for the rant, just get tired of people expecting to get something CHEAP, expecting it to be TOP notch PERFECT and when it's not rather than contacting the seller they'd rather just bash them.

Now maybe that wasn't your intention, but that's what you did.

100% agree ......on a side note this thread is unreadable because of the size of the pics
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
Looks like user error to me. You need to get the upper/mid into the light cover before it will fit to the upper, and it can be tricky getting them in at times. If it snapped in half I'd think you where hitting it with a pipe wrench like you did your fairing stay because a bolt was stuck.
haha, I didn't do any pounding with a wrench on the bolt. I only used brute force on the old fairing stay and broke off the area surrounding the bolt to get more area to grip because I was throwing it away anyways. What I was doing with the fairing was applying some pressure with the palm of my hand to try and push it into the headlight cover when the cover cracked half way through. Removing the tabs that had gone in cracked it the rest of the way.

Also, after looking things over again this morning I think I can see why the mids aren't fitting on properly, but I'm not really sure why. Gonna post that in the troubleshooting section after doing some searching, since this post is in the wrong place.

Last edited by zheric; 12-21-2008 at 04:05 PM.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 03:58 PM
bcc

i still don't understand why people buy this cheap stuff , i can't feel any sympathy for customers not satisfied with it .in your defense OEM stuff would not have broken like that
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcc View Post
i still don't understand why people buy this cheap stuff , i can't feel any sympathy for customers not satisfied with it .in your defense OEM stuff would not have broken like that
I figured this would be a quick way to get my bike back in rideable condition while finding good deals on the pieces I need to replace (bike hit the car on the left side and slid on the right). The bike is only 6 months old... just not ready to buy a new set of OEM plastics.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Training Wheel Hero

zheric, dude take a deep breath and relax. when you get over being pissed about your experience (and I dont blame you I woulda been too) send me a pm...I'll try to make you a good deal on my pearrl/silver oems I cant afford to give em to you but they wont cost as much as a new set. Merry Christmas

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-21-2008, 09:57 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
zheric, I really wished you would've contacted me first about this as I'd like to think that I've been very good with dealing with issues with our product. I want to try my best to make you a happy camper. That being said I will try to help you out with this issue, I can't really see much from the pics here and I will contact you via email so I can get you to send us more pics so the tech guy can see where exactly the problem is, i'm really surprised though 'cuz if you see the reviews our 07-08 GBF sets are being reviewed at around 95% oem fitment.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 12-22-2008, 11:06 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zheric View Post
The fairings were the last thing before I could start riding again, and finding out that things weren't fitting in a freezing cold garage with a slight fever close to midnight... you can imagine the disappointment.
A freezing cold garage is not really the prime spot to put a fairing kit together, aftermarket or OEM. The colder it is the more rigid plastic becomes, harder to work with and easier to damage. Roll that baby inside if you have to. Do anything you can to get the temperature of your working environment up, it'll make a world of difference. Just my .02

03' 600RR Movistar, Full Yosh RS5, Rumble Concepts,
LED Flushies, CA Integrated Taillight, Custom FE, Rumble
Concepts Flasher Relay, Stompgrips, Pazzo Shorties, DDM HID's,
520 Conv. w/ Driven sprox -1+2, Speedohealer, SS Goodridge
front lines, Woodcraft frame sliders, R&G forksliders, BMC
Street, Puig Double Bubble, HID cutoff switch in toolbox,
Custom tag bracket, Lots of black Powdercoat, CRF450R
rear master mod

Link to my build thread - https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=124433
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page