Lithium motorsports....not totally honest. - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Lithium motorsports....not totally honest.

I called Lithium Motorsports about the Diablo Corsa III deal they recently ran on this website. They had some good prices on the Corsa III.

When I called, I asked them if the tires were some that had been sitting in a warehouse for a long time......I did not want old rubber. The person on the phone assured me that they were recent manufacture dates, fresh off the truck straight from Pirelli.

The manufacture date on the sidewall of the tires I received was from 2007.

Power is nothing without control.

2003 Honda VFR
2007 Honda CBR 600RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 02:09 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 33 reviews
i did not take the original call but did you email or call back about your dissatisfaction?

our goal is to form great customer relations and we will do whatever it takes to rectify the situation. please call the shop or pm for further assistance with this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What was the actual date Code - shoot a pic and post it up.
Lithium motorsports is a stand up company - if you're not happy, they're not happy.
Did you call them let them know you're unhappy and give them a chance to fix you're dissatisfaction?

Also, what do YOU consider "old rubber" early 07, late 07, early 08, late 08? give us a code. - Did you give him a specific code of what was acceptable to you when you called?

Me personally I would never consider an 07 date code "old rubber" providing it's been properly stored. Keep in mind for "street tires" typically the date code is at least 6 months old, if not older before the tire even hits the Pirelli US wearhouse- but you know damn well it's stored in optimial condition. And your guess is as good as mine as to how long it sits there before it get's shipped out to local distributor and/or store front.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 11:18 PM
Bleedin' Honda Red

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
^ agreed 2007 is not old by any means unless it hasnt been stored correctly

Rossi was born on Honda

08 CBR600rr
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 09:40 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 33 reviews
i talked to the others with the company last night about this issue and was assured by everyone that no specific tire dates were ever asked for or given out over the phone. whomever took your call was 100% honest with you about the tires just coming off the truck from pirelli. all the tires we have at the moment and have sold recently were delivered direct from pirelli less then 30 days ago.

i went and checked some of the dc3's we have left from this shipment last night because of this thread and after checking 6-8 tires the oldest date i saw was the 50th week of 2007. so two weeks off the beginning of 2008. pirelli states that their tires stored under proper condition will be just fine for 3 years before any sort of degradation of the rubber would take place.

this is not something where we can order 1000 tires and tell pirelli what build dates we want. i wish that was the case because we would love to send everyone tires made 3 weeks ago. but, that just isnt possible.

please contact us though and let us know what we can do to make you another happy customer. we feel it is a bit unfair to post a thread saying we are a dishonest company before even contacting us about your concerns.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

PM sent.

These tires were for a weekend at the track. They may still be okay for track use, but I will be putting them on my street bike instead. If I had been told these were older tires, I may still have bought them for future street use as the price was very good.

I should have contacted Lithium first.......guess I was a little aggravated. My apology to the business owner for not handling it properly.

I may have rubbed a few people the wrong way........my apology to anyone who was offended.

I do not apologize for expecting honesty in all dealings, personal or private.

2003 Honda VFR
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Last edited by Johnmark101; 03-27-2009 at 01:58 PM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 11:31 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
damn someone watches too much tv. cool put them on your street bike. actually if you dont want them. ill buy them from you for half of what you paid. there old remember
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:52 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnmark101 View Post

I do not apologize for expecting honesty in all dealings, personal or private.
You asked if they were fresh tires, the person said they were just off the truck. Which they were just off the truck. Just because the date on them is older doesn't make them old and doesn't make the company a bad company. What did you expect, day old tires?

2008 Honda CBR600rr Graffiti - SOLD
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-01-2009, 12:36 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

why didnt you buy them at the track, they prob would have cost you the same or less

"what you do when you come into a turn to fast and are not going to make it? The answer is turn" - Ed Bargy
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-11-2009, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Enough with the rude little comments from the peanut gallery. Worked it out with the dealer.

Just to clarify......I have bought too many tires to count and they are usually about three or four months old when I get them. These were represented as "fresh off the truck" and were the oldest tires I have ever purchased. One of my bikes has tires on it that I was riding last year which are newer than the tires in question.

I don't mess around with old tires.....they are critical to my safety.

I had a correspondence with the dealer......everything has been set right. The business owner was very professional about the whole misunderstanding.

2003 Honda VFR
2007 Honda CBR 600RR

Last edited by Johnmark101; 04-11-2009 at 10:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page