WTF?! Sportbike Track Gear - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 09:31 PM Thread Starter
Fabulous Disaster

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Sportbike Track Gear

Ok, I ordered a rear sprocket on Apr 21, supposedly shipping via Fed Ex. Well today is May 7 and still no sprocket, no email saying they shipped, nothing. I emailed them this past Sat and asked what the deal was, to which I got no response. So I called yesterday and left 2 messages. Guess what?? That's right, no call back. I have called multiple times today with no answer.

Last edited by Corporal Punishment; 05-11-2009 at 05:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 09:37 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Ive never had a problem with contacting them. As a matter of fact I was able to speak to a rep last week They got me my KNOX back protector in 3 days.

'03 600RR red/black #728.
Armour Bodies race bodywork
Leo Vince CF slip on
520 conv. D.I.D VX2- Drive Systems superlite 15/45
Bridgestone S20's
Vortex rearsets
Vortex clip ons
ASV gold shorties
GPR damper
Ohlins 46PRXLS triple clicker
K Tech .95 fork springs
Maxima 15wt fork oil
Woodcraft sliders
Tech Spec tank pads
Galfer SS lines
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
They have been great so far.... dunno bro, hmmmm???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 PM Thread Starter
Fabulous Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by '03 Double_R View Post
Ive never had a problem with contacting them. As a matter of fact I was able to speak to a rep last week They got me my KNOX back protector in 3 days.
I have no idea what the problem is but I am more than pissed. I'm moving out of my apt. in about a week and I thought I ordered this sprocket with plenty of time, but now I'm wondering if I'll ever get it.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 01:14 AM Thread Starter
Fabulous Disaster

UPDATE:
Well I finally got a reply back from Nick @ STG, probably because of the PM I sent. He says that he sent me an email the day I placed my order notifying me that my sprocket was a custom order and would take 2 weeks to machine. He also said that he wasn't sure where I got the email address "[email protected]" because that address hasn't been used in 2 years. So I went ahead and fwd'd him the only email that I originally got from STG which came from the address that supposedly hasn't been used in 2 years. BTW, that email said nothing about it taking 2 weeks. It basically was an order confirmation. I attemped to call right after receiving the email and was not suprised to get voicemail. We'll see what happens next.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:03 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
calm down man, they're a pretty big business and sometimes things slip up. i've order plenty of things from nick and he's delivered every single time. on my last order he forgot an icon vest and some bohn armored shorts but a quick call and 3 days later they arrived. im still waiting on my rs taichi and it's been almost a month now too but im not worried that they're going to flake. i say if u have issues contact nick at extension 205. he'll get it taken care of for u man. don't worry.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 08:33 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
yea ive ordered from them to and they are were good ppl
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 11:41 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Keith,

I don't check our general sales line, so I didn't get your message. I however will be talking to the person responsable for this.

I got your e-mail late last night on my phone, thats when I replied. I will be calling here shortly since your in Cali.

-Nick

Nick Piccolo
Sportbiketrackgear.com
Sales/Customer Relations
[email protected]

Join us on Facebook.com
Join our Youtube Channel
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Fabulous Disaster

I normally don't get so frantic about things like this, it's just that I'm moving in less than a week now and I had no idea this was a custom sprocket and was going to take 2 weeks just to machine. If I knew that ahead of time I would have given them a different shipping address, or possibly not even placed the order.

What really got to me was the fact that, even to this day, not once has someone picked up the phone when I've called, or called me back after leaving messages. If they really do that much business maybe it's time to hire another person or two to work the phones.

I understand $hit happens, and sometimes things get screwed up, or lost, or whatever the case may be. I was just super aggravated that I couldn't get in touch with them in any way. Hopefully now that Nick has contacted me we can work things out.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
they've been nothing but great when i ordered. had the lowest price for a leo vince s/o. i'll definitely be ordering from them again.
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:28 PM
I AM The Righty

Feedback Score: 15 reviews
hope it works out. you're right to be pissed if you've left voicemails/messages with no response
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 03:51 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That sucks man, hopefully someone gets an ass chewin.

On the lighter side. It hasn't been shipped yet so have them change the shipping address.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Well my shark helmet has shipped in a timely manner but I also called the day after the order (tuesday) and left a message and still no response. I don't need a call back anymore because the order info they sent me the next day answered my question. I hate it though when a vendor says leave a message and we will call you back but they don't I feel like I am trying to track them down so I can give them my money.

But as stated the item did ship in a timely (quick) manner.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 07:09 PM
Site Sponsor

Sorry for the issue and lack of response. We have grown tremendously over the last three years and changed the email addresses we use. The [email protected] is an address no longer monitored or used.

As far as the voice mail not being returned this is an issue I will address on Monday. We have added another staffer which will make 6 full time sales associates in total now. The reality is no matter how hard you try, nor how good your intentions are, sooner or later mistakes will be made.

Anytime there is an issue which requires special attention I have added my contact info to the site some time ago so the riders can reach me directly. This can be found on the "about us" page. I answer all phone messages when I am in the shop.

Contact Info for the Boss

[email protected]

888-784-4327 ext#201

All apologies and I am confident Nick
will get you taken care of.

Brian Van
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Fabulous Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportbike Track Gear View Post
Sorry for the issue and lack of response. We have grown tremendously over the last three years and changed the email addresses we use. The [email protected] is an address no longer monitored or used.

As far as the voice mail not being returned this is an issue I will address on Monday. We have added another staffer which will make 6 full time sales associates in total now. The reality is no matter how hard you try, nor how good your intentions are, sooner or later mistakes will be made.

Anytime there is an issue which requires special attention I have added my contact info to the site some time ago so the riders can reach me directly. This can be found on the "about us" page. I answer all phone messages when I am in the shop.

Contact Info for the Boss

[email protected]

888-784-4327 ext#201

All apologies and I am confident Nick
will get you taken care of.

Brian Van
Thank you. Yes, Nick has taken care of everything. I'm sorry for freaking out a little, but the total lack of contact was driving me crazy. It's good to see that you do care and I will now consider Sportbike Track Gear for any future purchases.
I have rescinded my thumbs down in the title.

Last edited by Corporal Punishment; 05-11-2009 at 05:26 PM.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 07:15 PM

I just got my RST jacket, smx5 boots and gp plus gloves. Exellent vendor, will definately do business with them again in the future after I fix up the bike a bit.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 12:58 AM
BOTM 07/09

Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Ordered a ASV lever for my 07 and it has YET to arrive. It has been close to two weeks and NOTHING. No emails, updates etc. Only email I received was the order confirmation. I have called and no answer, left messages and they never call back. I even sent them emails and still no response. This is getting WAY out of hand!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
interesting........

Quote:
Bahaha, a scalp massage usually ends with a happy ending.
Quote:
Besides, you have the best girl any guy can get, an RR in the garage.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-12-2009, 01:04 AM

really good people when I have dealt with them, express orders when needed and really friendly
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 03:29 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica View Post
Ordered a ASV lever for my 07 and it has YET to arrive. It has been close to two weeks and NOTHING. No emails, updates etc. Only email I received was the order confirmation. I have called and no answer, left messages and they never call back. I even sent them emails and still no response. This is getting WAY out of hand!

I understand why the lack of contact can drive people nuts. Its like, did they take my money and lose my order? Did it ship and get lost? Are they ordering it from somewhere else first? It very frustrating.

I am supposed to get my helmet today from STG via fedex. All is always forgiven if the item makes it hear in a timely manner and is as ordered!
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 04:43 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica View Post
You can give me a call anytime 888-784-4327 ext 205, e-mail me at [email protected] or PM me your details and I can get you an update.

ASV is back order nation, we have about 60 levers on back order, and they can't ever fulfill our orders, its getting pretty bad.

If you can, please forward me that e-mail that you sent us so I can see who it is going to and see why you didn't get an an answer, there is no reason we should not have you up to date on where your order is.

Please get me your info.

-Nick

Nick Piccolo
Sportbiketrackgear.com
Sales/Customer Relations
[email protected]

Join us on Facebook.com
Join our Youtube Channel
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Pocketbike Racer

(Deleted)||||||||

Last edited by sweetaw; 05-14-2009 at 12:35 PM.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 10:15 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadt3arZ View Post
calm down man, they're a pretty big business and sometimes things slip up. i've order plenty of things from nick and he's delivered every single time. on my last order he forgot an icon vest and some bohn armored shorts but a quick call and 3 days later they arrived. im still waiting on my rs taichi and it's been almost a month now too but im not worried that they're going to flake. i say if u have issues contact nick at extension 205. he'll get it taken care of for u man. don't worry.
how do u like them

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 10:43 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Guys don't blame STG about ASV's, we are going through the same shiz. ASV is awful right now, Ive had enough of apologizing for them and getting a bad rep because of their failure to fulfill orders. I'm sure STG is also sick of hearing, "we should have your order shipped out this week", then only getting a single lever in a box that doesn't match anything on the shelf...Its almost not worth the hassle of selling them right now because of the burden of upset customers. [/rant]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page